Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Revealed" - the bloody obvious.

Here begins the drive to the bottom.  Pensions, sick pay, maternity/paternity leave will all be in danger.

Yeah. What's coming is a low tax, low wage, deregulated dystopia, virtually vanishing of the middle class and a two tier society.

Those in the bottom tier, which will be about 80% of people, will be increasingly unhealthy, life expectancy for them will decrease (in the last ten years under the Tories for the first time in modern history life expectancy has gone down) and they will have increasingly poor levels of education and things like foreign holidays will once more become something only the rich do.

We will be using all sorts of chemicals and pesticides banned by the EU as they are harmful, our media will become increasingly right-wing, we will be fracking and embracing nuclear power and nuclear weapons.

All this will be masked by a mixture of propaganda, an increasingly stupid and docile population who are too busy and tired from their 60 hour work week for a pittance to even understand what is being done to them let alone resist it and a rampant overt  aggressive nationalism will become the dominant political paradigm. 

Our NHS will be sold off bit by bit, by stealth and piecemeal, hollowed out to the point its just a basic service, and anything else not nailed down will be sold off too.  Tertiary education will go from the position it is now ie the norm to the pursuit of only the elite and wealthy.

This is what we have to look forward to now, after we get over the two hundred thousand Covid deaths and the worst economic damage of any developed country.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Can anyone tell me if any of this shit has resulted in a more convenient and value for money shellfish outlet for me yet?

Always pisses me off to see beautiful and probably Scottish shellfish on display in markets in France or Spain when it's like looking for the Holy Grail here.

I'm betting that Boris and Co will just use the workers rights story as a temporary smokescreen and then announce  a ban or restrictions on dastardly EU products and practices like foie gras and Danish pig farming.

Edit: the wheels already in motion

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-consults-on-ending-live-animal-exports-for-slaughter

"Previously, EU rules prevented any changes to these journeys, but leaving the EU has enabled the UK Government to pursue these plans which would prevent unnecessary suffering of animals during transport and see us become the first country in Europe to end this practice."

Edited by bendan

in theory should be a lot cheaper go to your fish mongers and ask, if they don't get it in regularly they will pick it up at the markets for as cheap as you will get it in your life
It isn't working that way in fishmongers here. No reduction at all. The price lobster men (for example) get per kg has always varied greatly throughout a year for a myriad of reasons. It never lead to the same large fluctuations at the retail end and hasn't so far.

Prawns (langoustine) here have been cheap for years though. Around £10 per kg in the Troon fishmonger for at least the last couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It isn't working that way in fishmongers here. No reduction at all. The price lobster men (for example) get per kg has always varied greatly throughout a year for a myriad of reasons. It never lead to the same large fluctuations at the retail end and hasn't so far.

Prawns (langoustine) here have been cheap for years though. Around £10 per kg in the Troon fishmonger for at least the last couple of years.

But this is a sustained removal of market demand and therefore the price should drop until things recover but if exporting to the EU turns out to be long term too complicated then the price will be cheap until demand in Great Britain rises. I suspect your fishmonger is taking a bigger cut than normal.

11 hours ago, TonyHendrix said:

Correct,this is an example of the contempt England has for Scotland.

Any true Scot that votes Tory deserves to be booted by it of our country,moan about everything so they do,well if that’s the case then go elsewhere,we don’t need you,never have and never will.

What a ridiculous post. 

Indy will never win with xenophobes like him and the Salmond type backers, the normal day to day Scot is above that backwards patter and can see right through it. 

56 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

No of course not but on aggregate they vote for things that do as much damage as possible to the young, so they will approve of the idea of making people who still need to work spend longer in work.

Is there any detail to the proposals outside that article that's kicking about or is much of these takes guess work? 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

No of course not but on aggregate they vote for things that do as much damage as possible to the young, so they will approve of the idea of making people who still need to work spend longer in work.

40 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

They want other people's children and grandchildren to suffer

Rather twisted view from a usually sensible poster.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

BEBB6A38-81FC-4430-BE25-D9A8FEEF63C0.thumb.png.1be02aaf4e0c4aea65814a193c554652.png

No doubting that old people generally vote Tory. They must know the Tories do shit like this. Either they aren’t bothered by it, or actively want it. 

They're gullible. Its not polite to say it but old people are stupid.

How many 25 year olds get conned out of their life savings by someone who turns up at their door unannounced?

Old people are dumb and susceptible.  They have access to the worst forms of information which are pretty much 100% propaganda, and they still have an outdated view of the upper class being their betters who are better with things like money and power as that's what they were taught growing up.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

BEBB6A38-81FC-4430-BE25-D9A8FEEF63C0.thumb.png.1be02aaf4e0c4aea65814a193c554652.png

No doubting that old people generally vote Tory. They must know the Tories do shit like this. Either they aren’t bothered by it, or actively want it. 

No doubt when all the young/younger posters on here are old these voting patterns will change.  :rolleyes:

BTW I’m not defending Tory voters of any age.

ETA my main point being don’t lump all old people together.

Edited by Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No doubt when all the young/younger posters on here are old these voting patterns will change.  :rolleyes:

And that change will be.... voting to protect people with cash and screw people who don't because we'll be the ones with cash?

Rather twisted view from a usually sensible poster.
He's got a point though, GD. I would be a bit more diplomatic and say that the older generation don't feel able to contribute to change which will benefit entire future generations, and so concentrate on being able to look after their own descendants. This drives then into the arms of a party which the Mail and Express assure them will not steal their assets through taxation.

I know I'm risking the ire of certain posters when I say this, but I'd really, really, really love to see Jacob Rees-Mogg take a proper right hand to his smug coupon. Not a Prescott-style jab; a proper Tyson career-ender. The kind where you can see their soul briefly leave their body on the way down.

Unfortunately, it'd probably just make people feel sorry for the c**t.