Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Also in the interview, he was asked if any of this really matters during a 'cost of living crisis'.

His answer 'there will be a 2p reducing on fish fingers coming to the UK and 70% on some imported cheeses'

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Also in the interview, he was asked if any of this really matters during a 'cost of living crisis'.

His answer 'there will be a 2p reducing on fish fingers coming to the UK and 70% on some imported cheeses'

What? Even after Brexit, the UK is STILL importing cheese? 

That is a disgrace. 

19 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Quick Question.  How long is the Dartford Tunnel in furlongs? 🤗

A quick look at Google maps., and it would look to be about 7 furlongs long, which is obviously 70 chains.

(Just remember 12 inches in a foot, 3 foot in a yard, 22 yards in a chain, 10 chains in a furlong, 8 furlongs in a mile. It’s such a simple system, nothing like that new fangled metric stuff)

ETA: I forgot about 3 hands in a foot

Edited by Soapy FFC

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can report that we have gone without Edam in Dumbarton for months now, both anecdotally and according to the Edamwatch website.

Edam disgrace in my opinion!

On 23/06/2022 at 17:46, The Skelpit Lug said:

Only fair to pay to get into a club you voted to leave, isn't it? Oh wait, Scotland didn't.

Scottish travellers will have to pay a fee for entry to the European Union under a new scheme expected to come into force next year.

The European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) will require a payment of £6 before travel to any EU states, to allow a security check created to “identify security, irregular migration or high epidemic risks posed by visa-exmpt visitors” into Schengen member states.

Presumably this is the EU's version of the American ESTA system, where you have to pay them $21 to be allowed in. Must be a nice wee earner.

I suppose ours will eventually consist of a registration website that can only be connected to from within the UK.

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

What? Even after Brexit, the UK is STILL importing cheese? 

That is a disgrace. 

If any Tory policymakers are reading, I say we should have Patel and Dorries permanently pregnant and hooked up to milking machines in the Commons. It’ll show Johnny Foreigner our John Bull spirit as they produce dairy for the nation. Lead by example. If they don’t do it, they’re massive traitors. 

Edited by carpetmonster

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If any Tory policymakers are reading, I say we should have Patel and Dorries permanently pregnant and hooked up to milking machines in the Commons. It’ll show Johnny Foreigner our John Bull spirit as they produce dairy for the nation. Lead by example. If they don’t do it, they’re massive traitors. 

@BFTD conjures up some grim images, but FFS.

15 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Careful. The American Supreme Court might see that and get ideas. 

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

A quick look at Google maps., and it would look to be about 7 furlongs long, which is obviously 70 chains.

(Just remember 12 inches in a foot, 3 foot in a yard, 22 yards in a chain, 10 chains in a furlong, 8 furlongs in a mile. It’s such a simple system, nothing like that new fangled metric stuff)

ETA: I forgot about 3 hands in a foot

You also forgot 5.5 yards in a rod and 4 rods in a chain.  Please keep up.

Edited by Fullerene