Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 03/07/2022 at 09:56, The Skelpit Lug said:

Just another hiccup on the way to getting that oven-ready deal.

Boris Johnson has been warned there is “no legal or political justification” for his plans to override the Brexit agreement on Northern Ireland, in an extraordinary joint denunciation by the Irish and German governments.

Yeah, I'm sure the Germans and Irish are acting in good faith here.  No agendas at play.. no sir ee!

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Do you think Wales can have a protocol? 

They can have ours, we some of us don't want it.

It will take a few years to see the outworkings of the protocol, trade south will increase, trade east will probably drop off some more before stabilising, at the moment it appears that the economy is benefitting from this "best of both worlds" scenario, it is the political aspect that will be more subtle, with continual alignment with the EU with no input, although our MEPs had precious little input anyway, instead of alignment with GB, and by the time that manifests itself it might be too late to disentagle ourselves.

I said at the time it was introduced that it would take (a long) time for the ramifications of the protocol to show themselves, I'm still not convinced it is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2022 at 15:25, Jacksgranda said:

They can have ours, we some of us don't want it.

It will take a few years to see the outworkings of the protocol, trade south will increase, trade east will probably drop off some more before stabilising, at the moment it appears that the economy is benefitting from this "best of both worlds" scenario, it is the political aspect that will be more subtle, with continual alignment with the EU with no input, although our MEPs had precious little input anyway, instead of alignment with GB, and by the time that manifests itself it might be too late to disentagle ourselves.

I said at the time it was introduced that it would take (a long) time for the ramifications of the protocol to show themselves, I'm still not convinced it is a good thing.

Interesting. But canny NI politicians should be doing everything they can to attract businesses there with the unique ability to operate in both markets. 

It can be a good thing, as long as all parties commit to making it work. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I see those awful Frenchies are ruining Brexit at Dover again. 

Screenshot_20220722-105415_Google.jpg

Quite, and not a mention WHY the French now have to stamp each and every passport as if it's something they just decided to do to annoy the rostbifs ! Don't mention the B word.

37 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The delicious thing is theFrench probably could have sent more staff and been more helpful but don't want to. For some reason. 

In other news, the EU have started infringement proceedings over the UKs non compliance with the NI protocol. 

Succulent almost.