Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Hard to feel sorry for the farmers who campaigned for brexit 

However, I hope that you fel sory for the farmers who campaigned against it (my broher is one and know of many others)

Far too easy to lump everyone in together and make sweeping generalisations

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

However, I hope that you fel sory for the farmers who campaigned against it (my broher is one and know of many others)

He literally specified "farmers who campaigned for brexit" tbf

It's not really incumbent on the French to staff up their border points to meet demand from the UK.  They could have 1 guy there working part time if they wanted to.   How they man their border points is up to them.

It's in their interest to facilitate tourists entering their country and having a good experience that makes them want to return though.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I don't think he was tbh Media very much to blame like whenever they say Fishermen, they invariably mean the white fish tory b*****ds and that arsehole Bertie Armstrong. And not the inshore guys who knew having somewhere to sell their catch would be quite important. 

I have a vision of 10 booths,  9 of them empty and the one occupied by a swarthy, disheveled looking guy with a gauloise hanging from his lips. He will be opening each passport, flicking through the pages slowly to the picture page, then taking 4, 5 maybe even 6 slow, methodical glances from passport to face and back concluding with a shrug of the shoulders before deliberately and diligently stamping the passport and nodding the infuriated gammon faced "rostbif" through. Oh how I hope it's like that.

Edited by Billy Jean King

13 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Yer Gammon voted to end their freedom of movement and constantly get upset of not having freedom of movement.

Xenophobic arseholes to a person.

Yes, those gammons trying now to head for places like the south of France, or Spain, where the weather conditions will be much more agreeable than those encountered in the south of England over the past few days.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Hard to feel sorry for the farmers who campaigned for brexit 

The removal of tariffs will make a packet of lamb leg steaks about 50p cheaper. I've picked lamb as that seems to be the product NZ is known for, but other meats are available with similar tariffs applicable. 

If that's going to make a discernable difference between UK lamb and lamb from New Zealand, which isn't created for nothing, then must be shipped nearly 12,000 miles with shipping rates through the roof, requires veterinary documentation and a customs declaration (i.e. more added cost) there really is a fundamental problem. 

The main issue with this trade deal is any positive impact on the UK will be vanishingly small. It's a country of 5 million, big woop. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

It's not really incumbent on the French to staff up their border points to meet demand from the UK.  They could have 1 guy there working part time if they wanted to.   How they man their border points is up to them.

It's in their interest to facilitate tourists entering their country and having a good experience that makes them want to return though.

Hmm... Is it only me that can see the dilemma here?

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

The gammon won't have a good experience.  They will find the whole place is full of French people.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I have a vision of 10 booths,  9 of them empty and the one occupied by a swarthy, disheveled looking guy with a gauloise hanging from his lips. He will be opening each passport, flicking through the pages slowly to the picture page, then taking 4, 5 maybe even 6 slow, methodical glances from passport to face and back concluding with a shrug of the shoulders before deliberately and diligently stamping the passport and nodding the infuriated gammon faced "rostbif" through. Oh how I hope it's like that.

You forgot to mention that the ink pad for his stamp is getting dry so he requires several attempts for each passport to convince himself that it can be clearly seen.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Surely to God there must be hundreds of impounded craft in the Dover area which could be used to sail these unfortunate folk across the Channel to a convenient beach.  Time for Natalie Elphicke to get that finger out of her arse.

You just know, any gammonatti that are delayed will 100% be blaming the damn frogs, not 1 of them will think “mmm, was Brexit really a good idea?” 
As an added bonus, they’ll probably be disgusted at the flavour of crew on P&O ferries, despite supporting a government that allows that sort of shit to happen, wails about it publicly then rubs their hands in glee. Honestly folks, if we get another chance at Indy & shit ourselves again, collectively we have no room for complaint. 

51 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

You just know, any gammonatti that are delayed will 100% be blaming the damn frogs, not 1 of them will think “mmm, was Brexit really a good idea?” 
As an added bonus, they’ll probably be disgusted at the flavour of crew on P&O ferries, despite supporting a government that allows that sort of shit to happen, wails about it publicly then rubs their hands in glee. Honestly folks, if we get another chance at Indy & shit ourselves again, collectively we have no room for complaint. 

In what way did the government allow that to happen?  The P&O boss admitted freely his actions were knowingly in contravention of the law.

52 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I will no doubt get personal criticism for posting this, but here goes.

Polls have shown that there are a fair number of people who voted for Brexit who admitted that it was a mistake.  Same polls suggest that Remain would now win by a comfortable (?)margin.

This is particularly the case amongst Labour voters which really calls into question Starmer’s position on the issue. 

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Surely to God there must be hundreds of impounded craft in the Dover area which could be used to sail these unfortunate folk across the Channel to a convenient beach.  Time for Natalie Elphicke to get that finger out of her arse.

Operation "Kriknud".

Edited by Tony Ferrino

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I will no doubt get personal criticism for posting this, but here goes.

Polls have shown that there are a fair number of people who voted for Brexit who admitted that it was a mistake.  Same polls suggest that Remain would now win by a comfortable (?)margin.

This is particularly the case amongst Labour voters which really calls into question Starmer’s position on the issue. 

Didn't you also recently suggest Granny that what is said before elections and what actually happens afterwards can be different things ?