Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

33 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Cardiff Airport offering 88c (euro) for £1 at the weekend

Airports are crooks but it's down to 1.10 at the best online rates. Should have bought more before the referendum, got 1.29 the night before in a last minute panic.

Edited by welshbairn

On 23/07/2017 at 21:12, strichener said:

Not CE marked?

I assume that you were joking, and not really suggesting that hammers come within the remit of any specific product safety directive? Well played.

16 hours ago, McSpreader said:

You'll be amazed to learn that hammers have been made all over the globe for thousands of years quite successfully before a group of  highly paid, unelected autocrats in Europe decided they needed to check we had been doing it right all this time.

You, however, appear to have taken Strichener's comment at face value and now believe that the EU insist on CE marking on hand tools. No wonder many posters here (including myself) don't think it's worth engaging with you because of the drivel you continually post.

As far as I recall, hammers are subject to the General Product Safety Regulations. These regulations don't require any CE mark ro be applied.

However, you can prove me wrong. Just name the specific product safety directive that applies to a simple hammer like the one I've pictured below, 

71YFashW0rL._SL1500_.jpg

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I assume that you were joking, and not really suggesting that hammers come within the remit of any specific product safety directive? Well played.

You, however, appear to have taken Strichener's comment at face value and now believe that the EU insist on CE marking on hand tools. No wonder many posters here (including myself) don't think it's worth engaging with you because of the drivel you continually post.

As far as I recall, hammers are subject to the General Product Safety Regulations. These regulations don't require any CE mark ro be applied.

However, you can prove me wrong. Just name the specific product safety directive that applies to a simple hammer like the one I've pictured below, 

Well you have 'engaged' with me and obviously it was a glib comment in reply to Dublin Magyar's glib comment about a country smashing itself in the face with a hammer. 

In case you don't realise it's not actually possible for a nation state to do that because it doesn't have a face, hands or a hammer big enough. In fact a nation state isn't even animate. It's a political construction based on a fixed  geographical location and a legal framework.

It's hypocrisy that you 'don't think I'm worth engaging with because of the drivel I post'...then post that ^^^ and come across as an annoyed little pedant. I wish people would stop trying to pick apart every post I make and looking to 'prove' everything I say is drivel.

I get it it, right. Your political outlook is different to mine, your view on Brexit is different to mine, Your humour is different to mine, You want to deny my right to speak, You want to 'belittle me and  imagine you've beaten me intellectually because you're scared  I might prove your views are illegitimate and that would shatter your ego.....I get it.

Maybe I should preface every post I make 'Warning, this is a glib comment'......'Warning , this post contains a 'G.o.T' reference ', ......'Warning , this post is a very serious explanation of my views on this issue'.........'Warning, this post is an attempt at humour and does not reflect my personal views'......'Warning, I'm replying to an idiot and apologise for the need to explain myself as if talking to a child'........Maybe P&B should have a approved list of pre-face statements.

Chill out, dude......that's my advice!

Edited by McSpreader

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Well you have 'engaged' with me and obviously it was a glib comment in reply to Dublin Magyar's glib comment about a country smashing itself in the face with a hammer. 

In case you don't realise it's not actually possible for a nation state to do that because it doesn't have a face, hands or a hammer big enough. In fact a nation state isn't even animate. It's a political construction based on a fixed  geographical location and a legal framework.

It's hypocrisy that you 'don't think I'm worth engaging with because of the drivel I post'...then post that ^^^ and come across as an annoyed little pedant. I wish people would stop trying to pick apart every post I make and looking to 'prove' everything I say is drivel.

I get it it, right. Your political outlook is different to mine, your view on Brexit is different to mine, Your humour is different to mine, You want to deny my right to speak, You want to 'belittle me and  imagine you've beaten me intellectually because you're scared  I might prove your views are illegitimate and that would shatter your ego.....I get it.

Maybe I should preface every post I make 'Warning, this is a glib comment'......'Warning , this post contains a 'G.o.T' reference ', ......'Warning , this post is a very serious explanation of my views on this issue'.........'Warning, this post is an attempt at humour and does not reflect my personal views'......'Warning, I'm replying to an idiot and apologise for the need to explain myself as if talking to a child'........Maybe P&B should have a approved list of pre-face statements.

I made up the hammer stuff.

FTFY

3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Stop!

In case you don't realise it's not actually possible for a nation state to do that because it doesn't have a face, hands or a hammer big enough. In fact a nation state isn't even animate. It's a political construction based on a fixed geographical location and a legal framework.
I get it it, right. Your political outlook is different to mine, your view on Brexit is different to mine, Your humour is different to mine, You want to deny my right to speak, You want to 'belittle me and imagine you've beaten me intellectually because you're scared I might prove your views are illegitimate and that would shatter your ego.....I get it.

All well and good if it was a reply to DM's comment about smashing the countries face, but it wasn't, it was an attempted dig at the EU's CE system,which had failed spectacularly and now you yet again,are backpeddelling

Just now, jakedee said:

All well and good if it was a reply to DM's comment about smashing the countries face, but it wasn't, it was an attempted dig at the EU's CE system,which had failed spectacularly and now you yet again,are backpeddelling

You are supposed to realise when he means what he says and when he doesn't.

In the world according to Mcspreader, it's your fault for being so stupid.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40703369?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

Brexit: UK 'overwhelmingly reliant' on abattoir vets from EU

We'll be able to train our own in no time, I'm sure.

Brexit aside, why the f**k are 90% of slaughterhouse vets EU nationals?  Is there a massive surplus of vets getting trained in the EU?  It seems completely illogical.