Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

23 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't believe May is Brexit daft.

Has anyone ever asked how she voted in the referendum?

I asked her last week.  We were having a pint in Lochee and invariably the subject came up.  She claims to have vote Remain but she also claims that Aberdeen will win the league this season so I don’t know what to make of it.  She’s reluctant to get her round in btw.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I asked her last week.  We were having a pint in Lochee and invariably the subject came up.  She claims to have vote Remain but she also claims that Aberdeen will win the league this season so I don’t know what to make of it.  She’s reluctant to get her round in btw.

Did she mention the Lochee teams by any chance?

Edited by Glenconner

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You drink in Lochee?

24 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Did she mention the Lochee teams by any chance?

She has ‘Lochee Fleet Ye Bass’ tattooed on her upper arm.

Or did you mean the football teams?

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You drink in Lochee?

Only when I’m going posh.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh my.  Was that the same night you were playing snooker with Bill Clinton.  He has a way with women.  I am sure he could have got the answer for you.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Oh my.  Was that the same night you were playing snooker with Bill Clinton.  He has a way with women.  I am sure he could have got the answer for you.

I’ve not played snooker in years.

Arlene Foster is right; had to happen sometime I suppose.  After two years of wasted negotiations Theresa is going to waste a further two weeks trying to sell something that no one is buying.

As an aside the BBC has lost all pretence of impartiality and is now a government mouthpiece.

Sigh...

I did not vote leave.

But I fully understand the perceived lack of democracy regarding the EU. It is an incredibly bureaucratic organisation. People could show more interest in their eu election candidates but they don't. It's remote, and incredibly unpopular.
One of those great myths.

There are more bureaucrats in a middling government department than the EU as a whole.

There are more bureaucrats in a middling government department than the EU as a whole.
That last point may be true - but we have a parliament in Westminster (not to mention Holyrood) and so arguably there's no need for another bloated administration. I'm guessing plenty of leave voters feel it's a while layer of political governance that simply isn't required.

The whole travel carry-on from Brussels to Strasbourg sums it up in many ways.

Let me endorse that, but from another angle. I'm of an age that well remembers the UK joining the UK and all that has happened in the intervening years.
And I also well remember what the country was like at that time; a flatlining economy, a decaying industrial landscape and a much more insular society than that of today. We didn't go abroad, or at least very few of us, and our minds weren't nearly as broad as they are today.
That is, those of us who recognise that the EU of 2018 is far from perfect but who are also of a mind that you don't move house because there's a crack in the bathroom ceiling.
Be under no illusions, the EU has been a force for good for the people of the UK. No wonder our continental brethren shake their heads and quietly despair.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That last point may be true - but we have a parliament in Westminster (not to mention Holyrood) and so arguably there's no need for another bloated administration. I'm guessing plenty of leave voters feel it's a while layer of political governance that simply isn't required.

Do you think Brexit is a good idea?

Edited by Granny Danger

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

And now we'll have to build up a whole new bloated bureaucracy to replicate all the standards stuff and  safety regulations we did in cooperation with Europe, never mind the double red tape for businesses who do any trading outside the UK. Even dafter than Brussels/Strasbourg.

Let me endorse that, but from another angle. I'm of an age that well remembers the UK joining the UK and all that has happened in the intervening years.
And I also well remember what the country was like at that time; a flatlining economy, a decaying industrial landscape and a much more insular society than that of today. We didn't go abroad, or at least very few of us, and our minds weren't nearly as broad as they are today.
That is, those of us who recognise that the EU of 2018 is far from perfect but who are also of a mind that you don't move house because there's a crack in the bathroom ceiling.
Be under no illusions, the EU has been a force for good for the people of the UK. No wonder our continental brethren shake their heads and quietly despair.
You seem to be giving the EU a lot of credit for stuff here.