Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Didn't the Treasury publish a report a couple of years ago (actually there might have been one before the referendum and one after the referendum) saying that a Brexit of any kind was going to have a lasting and damaging effect on the economy?

Answer: They did. And no one really gave a f**k, so this isn't going to change anything. Not when you've got economically illiterate folk Brexit-supporting hacks writing that "You can't trust these economists, they didn't predict 2007/08! But you can trust me, even though I'm not backing up my claims with anything!".  

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It'll go shit and people will turn on minorities instead of the disaster capitalists they should.

I used to think most people were essentially good and decent, but it isn't true. Most people are only too happy to let the racism out.

People are c***s.

End of post.

57 minutes ago, yoda said:

"You can't trust these economists, they didn't predict 2007/08! But you can trust me, even though I'm not backing up my claims with anything!".  

I know that guy.

Voted no in 2014.

Voted for Brexit.

Fills my FB with pro Union shite and how he's a proud Brit.

Rangers/Sevco fan.

Really smart guy and should be listened too

49 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

People are c***s.

End of post.

People are ignorant c***s.  

Particularly the “just get on with it variety”; the type that don’t want to take 10 minutes out of their pathetic, useless lives to consider a matter of huge importance.

On a different theme, the BBC pushing the binary Brexit choice is journalism of the lowest quality.

I'd lay every penny I have that May's visit to Scotland later today will involve some factory involved in The British Military Industrial Complex, after all there's plenty to choose from.  Cue a hand-picked audience, no doubt including some of those peculiar Bertie Wooster and Joyce Grenfell lookalike young Tory dweebs. 

And expect 'Opportunity' to be this year's 'Strong & Stable'.

Liz Truss (Paisley educated, tory brexiteer) saying on Andrew Neil's programme that if the gov/t was to lose the vote on December 11th and it did go to a second referendum/people's vote, she would be very confident that Leave would win by a much bigger margin than previously.

If that was to happen, presumably it would mean leaving the EU with that worst case scenario - No Deal?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Douglas Ross asks a sycophantic question at PMQs about fishing and "our precious Union".

Slimy little c**t.

The wee freak has fantasies about being dominated by a hideous, gnarled governess. It’s part of the attraction of becoming a Tory. She absolutely has to be English, though - none of that foreign muck. 

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Liz Truss (Paisley educated, tory brexiteer) saying on Andrew Neil's programme that if the gov/t was to lose the vote on December 11th and it did go to a second referendum/people's vote, she would be very confident that Leave would win by a much bigger margin than previously.

If that was to happen, presumably it would mean leaving the EU with that worst case scenario - No Deal?

Yes.

Not sure what makes her so confident except for the bloody mindedness of some folk who voted Brexit last time.

PS. Paisley educated is some oxymoron .

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Surely she should support a second referendum then?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Apparently some Leavers are thinking that.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/its-not-just-remainers-that-want-a-second-referendum-brexiteers-do-too-and-they-might-win/ 

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I do get the distinct impression that Leave believe they would win again in a 2nd referendum.

If that was to mean leaving without a deal surely that would be sufficient incentive for the SNP to trigger Indyref2 - and in these circumstances I can't see anything other than a resounding vote for Independence.

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I do get the distinct impression that Leave believe they would win again in a 2nd referendum.

If that was to mean leaving without a deal surely that would be sufficient incentive for the SNP to trigger Indyref2 - and in these circumstances I can't see anything other than a resounding vote for Independence.

If it were a straightforward Remain or Hard Brexit then Remain would win.  I’d be more wary of a multiple choice as many folk would not take the time to consider the ramifications.

Certainly a Hard Brexit would spur a second Independence Referendum and support for YES would increase.

24 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You may get that impression but if there is one thing that concentrates the minds of almost everyone South of Carlisle it is money; ask some of your Burnley chums just how much money they'd be willing to sacrifice in pursuit of their Leave principles and I think you's be lucky to buy a past-the-sell-buy-date barm cake ;).

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You may get that impression but if there is one thing that concentrates the minds of almost everyone South of Carlisle it is money; ask some of your Burnley chums just how much money they'd be willing to sacrifice in pursuit of their Leave principles and I think you's be lucky to buy a past-the-sell-buy-date barm cake ;).

I'm not sure if they understand or appreciate  this could end up costing them money.  All that matters to them is all these Johnny Foreigner types screwing DWP and the NHS for everything they can get out of it.

I'll sound out local opinion in the pub tonight - even if I'm under threat of with being barred from the premises if I bring up the "B" word again. I guess I'll just have to take that chance.