Partick Thistle V Motherwell

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

Ah, Jesus.  Who was it?

This is like Hammell or Lasley getting rolled out every December talking about how much winning the Scottish Cup would be great for the club and would be the perfect way to end their career at the club... before getting fucked out at the first available opportunity.  

Bowman.

In fairness it was The S*n running a tweet "Ryan Bowman says Louis Moult can fire Motherwell into Europe", I'm loathe to give them the clicks but on further inspection he doesn't actually mention Europe in any of his quotes. What he does say is: "If we play like that every week, especially at home, then we can beat anyone Celtic, Rangers, whoever. If we play like that we won't be afraid of anyone. Anything is possible."

Also very much enjoying the Evening Times likening our front 3 to Barcelona. "Trident attack helps Motherwell follow in Barcelona footsteps." Jesus wept.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Also very much enjoying the Evening Times likening our front 3 to Barcelona. "Trident attack helps Motherwell follow in Barcelona footsteps." Jesus wept.

TBF, Stegen lumps it long on to Neymar to win flick ons aw the time, doesn't he?

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Moult > Messi.

HTH.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Bowman.

In fairness it was The S*n running a tweet "Ryan Bowman says Louis Moult can fire Motherwell into Europe", I'm loathe to give them the clicks but on further inspection he doesn't actually mention Europe in any of his quotes. What he does say is: "If we play like that every week, especially at home, then we can beat anyone Celtic, Rangers, whoever. If we play like that we won't be afraid of anyone. Anything is possible."

Even though he didn't mention Europe in any way, I could forgive him if he did - as coming from Gateshead to a higher echelon (remember that one?) club like ours, he's never actually been required to respond to questions from a hack before....

McGhee was hinting that the Trident, which Barca copied from us after watching Porter, McCormack and Clarkson rip defences to shreds*, was only for home games, so we can probably expect Joe Chalmers or something....

*McGhee may actually say this in a future press conference.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I crawled out my sick bed that day as we'd done OK over the previous couple of games IIRC, was back in bed for 5pm.

Unless Barton turns out to be amazing I fear the worst for Saturday. Suppose we could take a similar approach to the Hearts game and just go baws oot and hope we can win 5-4.

I reckon Welsh is more likely to start on Saturday than Barton. If the latter makes an appearance then it's more likely to be in place of Devine.

My predicted line-up:

Scully

Gordon  Devine/Barton  Lindsay  Booth

Welsh  Edwards

Amoo  Erskine  Lawless

Doolan

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I crawled out my sick bed that day as we'd done OK over the previous couple of games IIRC, was back in bed for 5pm.

I was the same. Was horrendously ill and went to avoid getting cabin fever. Only game I've left early due to a combination of needing to get back to my sick bed and the fact that the performance was making me feel worse. I remember for one goal both Piccolo and Taylor-Sinclair being outpaced by James McFadden (ATS' reason being that he couldn't be arsed running with him since he was joining Celtic) and then on a seperate occasion, Piccolo making the worst attempt at a header I have ever seen to let McFadden in to score. Still have nightmares at how bad we were that day.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

TBF, Stegen lumps it long on to Neymar to win flick ons aw the time, doesn't he?

He does indeed! If Suarez' next goal comes directly from Messi and Neymar utterly sclaffing the ball in the wrong direction from 2 yards out, we'll know they have been studying the front 3 inter-play from Moult's 3rd goal and thought "that's the future of attacking play". :lol:

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

I reckon Welsh is more likely to start on Saturday than Barton. If the latter makes an appearance then it's more likely to be in place of Devine.

My predicted line-up:

Scully

Gordon  Devine/Barton  Lindsay  Booth

Welsh  Edwards

Amoo  Erskine  Lawless

Doolan

I think that'll be the lineup as well (with Devine). I'd probably rather Barton in for Osman and the usual back 4, but seeing as Barton hasn't played a minute yet, I don't see him starting ahead of Welsh in the 'hovering about in the middle doing nothing' role.

Would be nice to have strong showings from all 4 of the attacking players, and not just them taking it in turns to have a decent half each.

Archived