Bad drivers & cyclists

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thomas said:

I wouldn't disagree with your point of view I've witnessed plenty of stupidity from drivers also, if we get into cyclist v driver we'd just go in circles. I do believe there should be some sort of test for cyclists to pass for road use though. Drivers have had to pass a test to show the understanding of the highway code, trouble is you wouldn't believe this with some drivers.

wee bit OTT nah? are you going to make 5 year old do a written test before they go out and play on their bikes aswell then?

Cyclists should have their own wee roads to cycle about on, preferably next to some lovely wee rivers or flowers they can all flounce over. 

Putting them on the same roads as cars seem utterly mental.

For every bad cyclist there'll be a bad driver however as a pedestrian bad cyclists really fucking stand out. The amount of them that cycle on pavements (many of them at high speed through large crowds of people), pick and choose between road and pavement, run red lights while there's crowds of pedestrians crossing the road etc.

I was walking along the pavement recently, quite peacefully until this arsehole nearly crashes into me on her bike. She then has the audacity to have a go at me as if she had any right to even be there in the first place.

If they're doing any of the above I make no effort to get out of their way and like to make things as awkward as possible for them. c***s.

Kids used to do the Cycling Proficiency course at school. I am the proud owner of a Lothian and Borders Polis certificate for passing the course as a lad (yes, it was on a penny farthing in front of Inspector Lestrade, ha bloody ha) but lack of funds/polis has probably rendered this sort of thing to the history books. 

They do a thing called Bikeability now, my daughter did the first level at school last year, should be doing stage 2 this year. Not every local authority will do it though.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Kids used to do the Cycling Proficiency course at school. I am the proud owner of a Lothian and Borders Polis certificate for passing the course as a lad (yes, it was on a penny farthing in front of Inspector Lestrade, ha bloody ha) but lack of funds/polis has probably rendered this sort of thing to the history books. 

Badge as well as a certificate

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK_qpSsv3BLBQIuxwpuX6

If cyclists have to do a test (even 5 year old ones), what about pedestrians? I've seen loads of folk walking on the road, the inconsiderate untrained w@nkers. I've heard they're uninsured and don't even pay road tax, the c***s.

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I did the Tufty Club cycling proficiency badge at primary school,im good to go

wasn't tufty just for crossing the road, look left, look right, look left again & if it's safe to cross then cross, so my gramps tells me.

I'm pure greencross code mon meself.

Grimbo (22&3/4's)

1 minute ago, Grim O'Grady said:

wasn't tufty just for crossing the road, look left, look right, look left again & if it's safe to cross then cross, so my gramps tells me.

I'm pure greencross code mon meself.

Grimbo (22&3/4's)

No they also did a wee bit about cycling aswell.I remember my mate at primary school being picked to go up in the school hall to be a cyclist to show everybody how dangerous it was

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

wee bit OTT nah? are you going to make 5 year old do a written test before they go out and play on their bikes aswell then?

OTT? I'd like to think 5 year olds out on their bikes aren't cycling in heavy traffic if I'm honest. I don't know what the most workable way of doing a cycling test of sorts would be. What I do know is if I was putting myself in a very vulnerable situation by cycling on the roads, having a basic understanding of the how drivers and cyclist should behave would be worthwhile. Also I'd definitely invest in a helmet.

I did some cycling thing at primary school (Camdean: King's Road is for tinks) where we went to that cool wee place up by the Glen. Had a wee cycling place with traffic lights and stuff. Those from the Dunfermline area will know what I'm on about.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I did some cycling thing at primary school (Camdean: King's Road is for tinks) where we went to that cool wee place up by the Glen. Had a wee cycling place with traffic lights and stuff. Those from the Dunfermline area will know what I'm on about.

Most of those from the Dunfermline area can't read. They don't know what you're talking about. 

There's 832 registered P&B users with IP addresses in Dunfermline that just log on to look at the pictures.

16 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Most of those from the Dunfermline area can't read. They don't know what you're talking about. 

There's 832 registered P&B users with IP addresses in Dunfermline that just log on to look at the pictures.

So in the kingdum of Dunfermline that would make Zen Archer King. 

Long live the king. What is the life expectancy in Dunny? 

Grimbo 

26 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Joke's on you as I don't live in the Dunfermline area.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I failed my cycling proficiency test. Had to watch the rest of the class go up and get their certificates from the minister (some end of term church ceremony). As someone who used to work in a bike shop, did a few mountain bike races and was a general cycling nut this still hurts me. 

28 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

In the very scientific "popular" posters thing at the front of the site, three out of the top seven posters are followers of the mighty Pars. Typewriters, monkeys and Shakespeare springs to mind though. 

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I failed my cycling proficiency test. Had to watch the rest of the class go up and get their certificates from the minister (some end of term church ceremony). As someone who used to work in a bike shop, did a few mountain bike races and was a general cycling nut this still hurts me. 

Shands I can feel your shame from here, not to worry though I'm sure you are fairly well balanced & not associated in any way with anyone who has an arsenal of leathal weapons? 

Grimbo 

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

For every bad cyclist there'll be a bad driver however as a pedestrian bad cyclists really fucking stand out. The amount of them that cycle on pavements (many of them at high speed through large crowds of people), pick and choose between road and pavement, run red lights while there's crowds of pedestrians crossing the road etc.

I was walking along the pavement recently, quite peacefully until this arsehole nearly crashes into me on her bike. She then has the audacity to have a go at me as if she had any right to even be there in the first place.

If they're doing any of the above I make no effort to get out of their way and like to make things as awkward as possible for them. c***s.

In London, the pavements are covered with cyclists (I wouldn't want to cycle on the roads tbf) and they have the audacity to get raging that people are walking in their way on a pavement. The amount of go-pro wankers is also hilarious.

There are arsehole drivers and arsehole cyclists. Cycling two abreast is fucking annoying though. Am I right in saying it's technically legal?

I nearly wiped someone on a bike out turning left at traffic lights once. I was at the front of the queue, indicator on, turning left. There was a cycle lane on my left, but nobody in it.

Lights go green, I begin to turn, cyclist has undertaken the queue of cars at the lights in the cycle lane and is going straight on. Thankfully I clocked him in my peripheral vision.

If there was a collision, who was to blame? There was no cyclist alongside me when I began the manoeuvre, I was indicating, he was undertaking at speed and no cycle lane in the junction itself (it stopped at the traffic lights). Me for not noticing or the cyclist for skipping the queue?

Archived