Scotland v Lithuania

TheScarf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already after only the 2nd game folk are taking about well if this team beats that team and then they beat them it'll be fine. Bollocks to them all, we could not have wished for a better set of opening fixtures, 6 points was an absolute must and yet we f**k it up. How do folk on here watching that shite have any confidence in us going to Slovakia, Slovenia and even Lithunia and picking up positive results which by the way we must now do.

We look miles off a side capable of qualifying. Until Strachan is replaced and we get a guy in who is willing to shake things up it will continue. 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

In which case the team in question will be very likely to miss-out on a playoff.

I'm not actually disagreeing with the premise - and maybe Slovakia have turned rubbish, and we'll win on Tuesday and have 7pts - but it just seems to me like people are sometimes too willing to constantly move on to the consolation positive? It's the same with Strachan delivering what's quite clearly not an accurate reflection of the match he's just watched and going on as if 1pt is OK. No-one thought that before kickoff.

Maybe a bit of brutal honesty would do us good. Having high expectations hasn't, and always looking on the bright side hasn't. Maybe we need the focusing power of realising every point lost could be fatal.

I agree, it's the old saying if from your Maw if he jumped off a bridge would you do that too? 

One  pish result for another team shouldn't make ours ok it should leave us saying why didn't we capitalise on the error, that's part of what's wrong with us and our football culture. Strachan is a clever but seems hell bent on a path of self destruction.

Taking Burke off was a look at me substitution he was doing ok at that point and looked a threat, his refusal to sub the worst player on the park in Martin was to avoid an admission of guilt. Strachans pride may cost him his job in the months to come and it will be for one of the worst Scotland Centre Forwards of all time.

The SNP should divert to direct military action. 

Oirland had an upturn in performance when they took the bullets over the ballot paper...

*Imade this shit up in my drunken head

1 minute ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

I agree, it's the old saying if from your Maw if he jumped off a bridge would you do that too? 

One  pish result for another team shouldn't make ours ok it should leave us saying why didn't we capitalise on the error, that's part of what's wrong with us and our football culture. Strachan is a clever but seems hell bent on a path of self destruction.

Taking Burke off was a look at me substitution he was doing ok at that point and looked a threat, his refusal to sub the worst player on the park in Martin was to avoid an admission of guilt. Strachans pride may cost him his job in the months to come and it will be for one of the worst Scotland Centre Forwards of all time.

Very good points. 

At the time i was too young to see why folk didn't like Strachan as a manager. Everything is so obvious now though, his team selections are beyond a joke.

4 minutes ago, Contra said:

Too young to see why folk didn't like Strachan as a manager. Everything is so obvious now though, his team selections are beyond a joke.

Grey and green dross trolling the Scotland threads.  What a fucking gang you and yours are.

Fingers crossed Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay start the next game ahead of Tierney and Griffiths, Contras headsplosion would be tremendous viewing.

Archived