Scotland v Lithuania

TheScarf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defo not buying into this bullshit that weer already out after 2 games , even taking 0 points from England mean there's still 6 games left come on get serious when the slovaks beat is on Wednesday then we can go into meltdown mode !!!

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Yeah, the "It's all over for us" brigade after two matches just need to wring their knickers out and then shut the f**k up.

Its not knicker wetting its fairly simple. teams that go to world cups beat shite in the qualifiers. that's why we never do, all those "spirited" performances against the heavyweights mean absolutely f**k all when you cant put away no name diddys like Georgia and Lithuania for the same 3 points. weve been doing it so long we are no on a par with said teams

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Someone will have to explain to me why Slovenia beating Slovakia makes things OK?

Does this not just imply that, actually, Slovenia are pretty handy too...? In which case it's a four-way fight for 1 or 2 places.

Also the Slovaks have 0pts from 2 of their 3 toughest games. They'll now be going all-out for win on Tuesday. We have 4pts from 2 of our 3 easiest games.

Could mean Slovakia are pish. Or more plausibly that anyone can take points of anyone in this mini group of 4 teams and that it may take a low points total to finish second.

People complaining about the team selection, aside from Martin, it was the right team. You could argue the toss for Tierney and McArthur starting, but after Robertson's performance, he vindicated his inclusion.

Also folk berating Strachan for taking Burke off; he was terrible, he had an absolute mare. He's 19, we have to remember that, his performances will be inconsistent until he matures a bit. It doesn't mean he should be taken out and forgotten about but he's going to have the odd poor performance

1 minute ago, GingerSaint said:

it may take a low points total to finish second.

Thats not a good thing though

Could mean Slovakia are pish. Or more plausibly that anyone can take points of anyone in this mini group of 4 teams and that it may take a low points total to finish second.

Which of course means second place might not even get a playoff spot.

Just now, Dee Man said:

I think this could be the season that Scotland get relegated.

We're actually not far away from this "Nations League" pish, where we will get relegated

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Predicted 4th when the draw was made. I think 5th is more likely than 3rd now to be honest, Lithuania look better than us.

They'll be disappointed not to have won, that's for sure.

*cliche alert

At least their players left everything on the pitch, unless there's a cramp epidemic in Lithuania?

2 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

That will not be good enough though. The worst of the 2nd place teams don't even make the playoffs.

I guarantee the teams who finish 1st and 2nd in our group take 6 points from Lithuania

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Losing 4-0 to Norway, losing 1-0 at home to Belarus, drawing with Moldova, drawing with the Faroes (twice), drawing with Estonia (twice), losing to Costa Rica and drawing with Luxembourg have all happened within the last 30 years in competitive games.  

I'd forgotten about Belarus at home. That's the only one I'd consider a similar result, personally. We're well aware by now that we're vulnerable against anyone away from home, but not being able to grind out at least a point against fifth/sixth seeds at home would be a different level.

Still, it hasn't happened, thankfully  :wacko:

Archived