Scotland v Lithuania

TheScarf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Yes major issues with the management being precisely that our manager should have gone at end of last campaign. Fletcher sat on bench whilst in actual goal scoring form n mobile while Martin lumbered around doing nothing as he has for his last 50 odd games.....never mind hooking Burke for forrest....

I said that before the end of the last campaign tbh.

I agree, you should always pick the most in-form striker available to you.

Burke done the square root of f**k all before coming off, he's played against Malta and Lithuania and done nothing to impress me so far.

5 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I think we find a 'Bilic' Croatia type scenario. A young, ambitious up and coming manager who wants to prove worth that can take the boys and give them the confidence they should have. Patriotism, pride in the shirt and the ability and potential. But who? There aren't many options out there. We need to make these players believe. It's fine margins as the team is better than it has been in recent years.

Why has it to be a young manager?

I know the perfect man for the job...

Spoiler

_71112172_tommy_wright.jpg

I said that before the end of the last campaign tbh.

I agree, you should always pick the most in-form striker available to you.

Burke done the square root of f**k all before coming off, he's played against Malta and Lithuania and done nothing to impress me so far.

Burke is young n raw but he still looked more likely to do something than Forrest who is consistently shocking at this level. Fletcher not getting game time for Martin playing 90 is out n out Levein standard crazy. Strachan is done.

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

do you think they'r going to qualify or get to the play offs? they are shite they are making up the numbers, problem is so are we. we were garbage against malta up until they went down to 10 men, we cant put away Lithuania at home, never mind where they are playing. its not world cup worthy material

Do you know much about football? That's not how it works.

Will Lithuania qualify - probably not.  Can Lithuania take points off anyone in the group - yes.  They already taken points off two of them.

Slovakia away might suit us actually - we should get space to exploit. Unfortunately Hanley/Martin will f**k things up at the back again. A win in the next game though and its game on again. A loss and we are effectively out.  

That was rotten. Given how much we've talked up our midfield, Robertson (a left-back) provided more attacking threat than pretty much all of them!
Martin didn't have much service, but there was still absolutely no movement from him. I've been one to talk down Griffiths starting, but he looked much, much better than Martin.
Other than C. Martin, I think the team selection was spot-on. Taking Burke off for Forrest was criminal, though, and Forrest offered absolutely nothing. Other than his God-awful miss, did he actually touch the ball?

1 minute ago, Old Pack said:

What fucks me off is St Johnstone have half a dozen players that could do better in a Scotland shirt than those muppets.
Strachan is a complete walloper

Hmmm...

Archived