Obscene literature aimed at children in Waterstones

Spotted the following display on the stairway of Waterstones in Glasgow aimed at poisoning the impressionable minds of a future generation.

Should this sort of filth be allowed in a high street bookshop?

Edit: Sorry mods, realised this should be under hidden contents for understandable reasons.

52f6nt.jpg

In all seriousness, one of the problems with Scottish Football is that too many kids grow up thinking that playing for Rangers or Celtic will be the pinnacle of their career, rather than a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Although it's a minority I know of plenty half decent old firm fans who refuse to take their kids to see either team as they "don't want them growing up involved in all that nonsense" or words to that effect.

Of course you will still get the scum parents who are quite willing and proactively looking to get their children involved in bigotry.

11 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Would it be too much of a stretch to suggest that there may be more veracity in The Gruffalo than the other two tomes?

*The Glasgow Gruffalo. I shudder to think what sort of whaes like us pish is contained within its pages.

I remember the stupid decision of reading my son the real Pinocchio, not the Disney version, to get him to sleep.

If anyone has read it, you can understand why I was silent for most of the book.

In hindsight a trip to the ugly sisters would have got him to sleep much, much earlier.

5 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Spotted the following display on the stairway of Waterstones in Glasgow aimed at poisoning the impressionable minds of a future generation.

Should this sort of filth be allowed in a high street bookshop?

Edit: Sorry mods, realised this should be under hidden contents for understandable reasons.

Hide contents

52f6nt.jpg

is "The Glasgow Gruffalo" not just a biography of Mark McGhee?

mcghee.jpg

I remember the stupid decision of reading my son the real Pinocchio, not the Disney version, to get him to sleep.

If anyone has read it, you can understand why I was silent for most of the book.

In hindsight a trip to the ugly sisters would have got him to sleep much, much earlier.

I think I must've suppressed the memory as I haven't thought about this for years. I read Pinocchio myself when I was a bairn and given that I too, was known to tell the occasional stretcher, was deeply disturbed by it. One time when Disney did legions of kids a favour imo.

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Although it's a minority I know of plenty half decent old firm fans who refuse to take their kids to see either team as they "don't want them growing up involved in all that nonsense" or words to that effect.

Of course you will still get the scum parents who are quite willing and proactively looking to get their children involved in bigotry.

The former are what is known as "stingy c***s".

Archived