Raith v Queens (4th v 3rd) Alba Live 29th October @ 1715 hours.

How Pickard starts in front of Millar is beyond me particularly when Jacobs starts as he does the graft and allows the other central midfielder ie Millar to play the football, something Pickard can't do am afraid. Statingbthe obvious but Thank goodness we started the season so well we really need our injured players back asap as well as trying to get another striker in on loan.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say on today's game your defence were relatively at ease. No defensive errors and only a class pass made the difference. We had no shots at goal. On or near the target. You have to give them some credit for today ?

It doesn't matter how good they were (which they were) if you can't score.
You could even say that if they had Hammill playing then that would give us another attacking option.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Hopefully that's the love-in for this fixture truly destroyed for BBC Alba.

Living abroad I appreciate any chance I get to watch the Rovers, but that was an utter eyeball molestation of a game. Queens look a shadow of the side that brushed us aside back in September.  

32 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Let's not pretend queens were easily the better team, we were marginally worse yes but both teams were pretty rancid. 

Spot on. 

I thought they were better than us, demonstrated by them actually posing some attacking threat before the last minute. However, they looked poor on the whole and couldn't take advantage of our poor performance. Dobbie wasn't up to much, mercifully, and maybe that was Queens' problem today 

Great result. Terrible performance. Didn't look like there was any desire to win the game. But hey ho, a bit of quality from Skacel with the cross and an instinctive and clinical finish from big SIGUALI wins the match. McHattie had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt. Jordan Thompson one of his worst. 

A point would have been about right, but there you go.

Dobbie should have scored early doors but after that we didn't really trouble Cuthbert. 

Disaapointing as this poor run of form is at the moment, once we get folk back from injury I am sure results will improve.

Could say the same from our perspective. We had 2 keepers on the bench FFS.

40 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:
43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I feel that goal saved the team from a booing. Total smash and grab from us and the QoS must be spewing. We sat really deep second half and most of our 'attacks' were just hopeful punts up the field. As expected we really, really missed Bobby Barr, who has become our main threat.

Big M'Voto mopped up well at the back, Johnston looked like he might become a player for us, Stewart got another goal and generally did well. Cuthbert was his usual commanding self.

Another 3 points before the clocks go back. Can't complain too much.

Now for the Pars who are hopeless, but the clocks have went back. What will happen?

its all in the mind scotty me boy you will see.

You quoted scary bear not scotty ;)

Not at all, I can appreciate that a striker who doesn't score goals would fit in great at a team that doesn't score them.

He's obviously having a tough time of it at the moment, but we know he's a goalscorer so I'd be quite happy to see him back.

Next week then he must start.

I completely agree.

Archived