St Mirren vs Ayr Utd

D'Jaffo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall arsed it right up again same as he did at Morton the other week with his crap substitutions and tactics.  1-0 up, playing the best we have all game, McGuffie really coming on to a game......and tries to see the game out by hooking him and throwing on Donald.  Only positive is that this wasn't the league game.  

Against their Championship survival rivals, that's got to be an invaluable morale boot for the St Mirren players. When things look to be going from bad to worse, they can somehow pull it out of the bag.

Saw a similar thing with Brechin last season where we seemed down and out but a win against second bottom Forfar kicked off one hell of a great escape run that's still going (albeit the occasional defeat like yesterday).

No complaints, better side won. We were brutal for long spells. That said didn't see an equaliser coming.

Played some good stuff after we scored. I felt that was down to confidence more than anything else.

I don't think McConnell contributed anything other than stroking the ball into the net but he's probably entitled to start ahead of Forrest next week. The young lad looks tired and lightweight. He needs a rest and needs to learn how to stick his arse into a defender and improve his upper body strength. I'd personally like to see him play really wide getting chalk on his boots and running at players like Morgan did for St Mirren today.

On the other hand, McGuffie is worth an extended run in the side. He can stick his arse out when he wants and doesn't get brushed off the ball as easily as Forrest. He's a great prospect, get him thrown in McCall.

Crawford disappointed, Wardrope can count himself really unlucky not to figure more regularly.

Archived