The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Haven't been keeping up to date with this fracas but the live BBC reporting has her testimony pretty much in full and its grim grim reading.

I don’t think the Republicans realise how badly this looks. Chuck Grassley is a bona fide moron.

I’m not sure any Supreme Court seat is worth the damage these optics will cause.

53 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I worked with a guy from Mississippi who would pray before every meal, and castigate those who didn’t. He would then go hooring it, despite having a wife & kids at home. Murica! Hell yeah!

Americans pray every time before they eat.

Imagine praying 17 times a day!

Credit Stu Francis.

If he gets KB'd from the Supreme Court does he just go back to his previous job or is he finished as a judge?

I’d imagine he’d get impeached. If things went down as it seems, and he still denies it, he is not just unsuitable for the Supreme Court but for any judgement role.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d imagine he’d get impeached. If things went down as it seems, and he still denies it, he is not just unsuitable for the Supreme Court but for any judgement role.

Job in the WH or on Fox News.  Nap.

Think this has backfired badly for the Republicans.

They obviously went in with a strategy to undermine her but she's coming across as far too credible so they're stuck asking "who paid for the polygraph test?" and about her fear of flying.

Edit: Trump apparently not happy

Edited by killiefan27

He is proper christian fruitloop
As the man himself said during the election campaign "I'm a Christian, I'm a conservative, I'm a Republican - in that order". As bad as Trump is (which is awful), I'm not sure Pence would be much better. He seems to have no personality, no real ideas of his own and no sense of nuance.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, doulikefish said:
He is proper christian fruitloop

As the man himself said during the election campaign "I'm a Christian, I'm a conservative, I'm a Republican - in that order". As bad as Trump is (which is awful), I'm not sure Pence would be much better. He seems to have no personality, no real ideas of his own and no sense of nuance.

Pence would be an entirely different sort of bad.  I’m not sure he could handle the pressure or scrutiny though.

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

They obviously went in with a strategy to undermine her but she's coming across as far too credible so they're stuck asking "who paid for the polygraph test?" and about her fear of flying.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It's a bit weak on actual evidence for that though surely?

This is a completely bizarre way of dealing with this kind of accusation.

Edit: Trump apparently not happy

Absolutely everyone on the Republican side came across horrendously. The line of questioning didn’t once touch on either it happened, and entirely focused on her motivations for coming forward.

It’s almost as if Trump dictated the line of questioning.

I have to say that was pretty discomforting viewing. I hope Kavanagh gets as similar critical questioning.

ETA: C-Span has a “Speak Your Brains” segment at the moment. Some of the Pro-Kavanagh callers are genuine psychos.

It's a bit weak on actual evidence for that though surely?

This is a completely bizarre way of dealing with this kind of accusation.

It’s horrible. Antiquated and brutal.

Remember this isn’t a court case. Kavanagh won’t be chucked on legal groundings. He’ll be ditched on his character. If he’s disqualified from being a Supreme Court Judge, you could make a case that he’s not suitable for his current job.

I don’t know if that would happen, but it’s a definite possibility.