The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's absolutely no chink in the republicans in the committee though. They seem like they're lined up right behind him - and are willing to push it through.

There's probably a sense that the midterms are going to be shit for them anyway so they might as well push this confirmation through come hell or high water.

Reported for racism.

7m ago 13:35

Republicans have said the Senate judiciary committee will vote on the supreme court nomination as scheduled, just a day after after the extraordinary Capitol Hill testimony. The committee is due to meet at 9:30am ET (2.30pm BST), and the vote is expected later. It isn’t clear whether Republicans will have enough support to carry the nomination forward to a full vote of the Senate next week.

Republicans are under pressure to get Kavanaugh in place before mid-term elections in November, when Democrats are hoping to take control of the Senate, which might allow them to halt the process.

From the Guardian live blog. Id give it 70% chance they will carry it through but I can see Flake turning. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Vote isn't till 6.30, plenty time for more scandal to emerge.

Its down to the full Senate. Flake has nailed his colours to the mast. The question is now how much of this has penetrated beyond the usual political nerd bubble in the US. 

18 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Graham slaughtering Ford's story.

I didn't think he did in the slightest. Just played his "I'm just a country lawyer but I know my buddy Brett is a good man" spiel. And it was the dems what did it. Sounded nervous that Flake might flip.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't think he did in the slightest. Just played his "I'm just a country lawyer but I know my buddy Brett is a good man" spiel. And it was the dems what did it. Sounded nervous that Flake might flip.

His main points were correct though, he has the presumption of innocence it's not upto him to disprove he wasn't somewhere with someone 35 years ago at a time and place ... unknown!

51 minutes ago, Jdog said:

His main points were correct though, he has the presumption of innocence it's not upto him to disprove he wasn't somewhere with someone 35 years ago at a time and place ... unknown!

There's surely got to be a step to actually investigate things before giving people powerful jobs for life.

This isn't them saying there's insufficient evidence, this is them not returning the calls (and lying about it) of multiple leads and stating unequivocally that their man didn't do it so there is no need to stall a vote that will likely make him untouchable for the rest of his life.

Can't abide Cory Booker, what a ham. By the way Mark Judge, the only 3rd party witness who is too damaged to speak in public or be interviewed is available for media and speaking engagements.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/authors/mark-g-judge/

Edited by welshbairn

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/651647131/poll-nearly-6-in-10-to-closely-watch-kavanaugh-ford-hearing-many-undecided-on-tr?t=1538159692311

Some interesting stats, the most deplorable being that 54% of Republicans think Kavanaugh should be confirmed even if the allegations are true.

Horrible, horrible people.

Edited by Granny Danger

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/651647131/poll-nearly-6-in-10-to-closely-watch-kavanaugh-ford-hearing-many-undecided-on-tr?t=1538159692311
Some interesting stats, the most deplorable being that 54% of Republicans think Kavanaugh should be confirmed even if the allegations are true.
Horrible, horrible people.

Is anyone really surprised...a combo of a 10 year-old daughter and God trump's just about most things in the heartlands.