The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/?ex_cid=irpromo

fivethirtyeight has a 78% chance of the Dems taking the House. Though only a 30% chance of the Senate as most of the 33 seats up are Dem seats. If they can gain one seat there though it would be a 50 50 split with Pence getting a casting vote. 

The Kavanaugh idiocy has to be seen in light of that. They need a right wing bum on a bench before 6 November. Also there is a case coming up soon as stated a couple of pages ago. This is not about lack of concern for his behaviour or suitability. This is possibly the last time in years a Rep president, House and Senate will be sat together. Unless there is a huge huge change I can see them being out of the White House semi permanently. 

They also risk losing several state legislatures. States where the pluarility return Dems but gerrymandering sends more Reps to the House than dems, if they lose some of those states they could see redrawing of constituencies. 

This is a desperate through for the current incarnation of the GOP. It will likely have to move from being a rich, white, christian party in the coming years to be more multicultural, slightly more secular and less obviously about big cheque books. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They should also either attempt to reform the Supreme Court or start legislating (and campaigning) in a manner that neuters it. Rather than hoping the court never reserves Roe vs Wade why not attempt to create law that makes that impossible?

Stop talking shite. 

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 03:05, Bob Mahelp said:

Absolutely true, but it pales when compared with Winchester, Va., which changed hands 72 times during the war....once 13 times in a single day.

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/Winchester_During_the_Civil_War

That must have been fun.

Patsy Cline was also born in Winchester, so the city has had it's share of sorrow to bear.

Winchester was a nice place to visit - full of plenty of people who did not vote for Trump - always a good sign.

Went to Patsy Cline's childhood home.  It wasn't open.  Lucky me.

Also went to the museum for the Headquarters of Stonewall Jackson - before he was shot by friendly fire.

Anyway, that's me.  Time to return this thread to the usual rant about  whatshisname.

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Winchester was a nice place to visit - full of plenty of people who did not vote for Trump - always a good sign.

Went to Patsy Cline's childhood home.  It wasn't open.  Lucky me.

Also went to the museum for the Headquarters of Stonewall Jackson - before he was shot by friendly fire.

Winchester sounds good but is it safe to walk very late at night?

Kavanaugh faced police questioning over 1985 bar brawl – report

Police report obtained by New York Times says future supreme court nominee threw ice at fellow patron after UB40 concert

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/01/kavanaugh-police-questioning-report-deborah-ramirez

What a grotesque human being. 

UB fucking 40. Get shot of him now. 

56 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/01/kavanaugh-police-questioning-report-deborah-ramirez

What a grotesque human being. 

UB fucking 40. Get shot of him now. 

Another provable lie.  Kavanaugh must sure be done for.

All the best people, Trump says.

Let’s cut through the bullshit.

If a nominee for Supreme Court Justice has lied under oath to the Senate appointment committee about anything he should be toast.

That said I fully expect him to be confirmed as a clear reflection of the partisan nature of US politics that now exists.

Disturbing times given the military, political and economic power of the United States.

Has Trump said any more about Kavanaugh? Surely the flip from "Good man" to "sad" can't be far away. Although "sad" will be accompanied by a stream of pish about vindictive journalists and Mueller I daresay. 

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:56, Granny Danger said:

It’s a sad day when a lying drunken lecher cannot get appointed to the Supreme Court.

I didn’t expect this under a Trump Presidency.

SAD.  :(

Bigly.

A bit worried by seeing some of his press conference today. He seems to be finally getting it that his campaign shtick doesn't necessarily work elsewhere, maybe after being publically laughed at by the UN. His defence of Kavenaugh was depressingly rational, and could appeal to the independent voter.

15 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

He went on some spiel about how it was a scary time for young (white) men in the US because they can't even do a rape any more. Think I'm going to file it right beside his usual cretinous horse-piss, tbqh.

I hope you're right, a politically adept Trump would be terrifying. 

A bit worried by seeing some of his press conference today. He seems to be finally getting it that his campaign shtick doesn't necessarily work elsewhere, maybe after being publically laughed at by the UN. His defence of Kavenaugh was depressingly rational, and could appeal to the independent voter.

Nah, he's just fucked it again, horrible c**t

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1047281394098028544/video/1