The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Democrats should be more partisan. The West Wing fantasy was seeing them get shanked by the Republicans.

They should try getting some policies and not supporting right wing bills.

Turning a he said/she said into a national frenzy doesn't really seem like the right way to create a better society.

58 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

So Judge Kavanaugh may have lied under oath, who'd have thought it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45710340

He lied countless times, expect it will be that that does for him rather than the possible sexual assault.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/29/the-unbearable-dishonesty-of-brett-kavanaugh/

He lied countless times, expect it will be that that does for him rather than the possible sexual assault.
https://theintercept.com/2018/09/29/the-unbearable-dishonesty-of-brett-kavanaugh/

That and his complete lack of temperamental restraint and ranting about left wing conspiracies. It’s not a mountain out of a molehill of a life judge still feels the need to lie about youthful indiscretions, let alone sexual assault.

See if Kavanaugh had came out and said "the allegations are true but there was no attempt to sexually assault. I saw it as having a laugh and am deeply ashamed of what I done, distress caused, etc. I now understand what my actions seemed like and I'm embarrassed of how I acted all these years ago... I was a stupid teenager..." he'd be alright. Lying about what boofing and the Devil's Triangle are have fucked him right up.

See if Kavanaugh had came out and said "the allegations are true but there was no attempt to sexually assault. I saw it as having a laugh and am deeply ashamed of what I done, distress caused, etc. I now understand what my actions seemed like and I'm embarrassed of how I acted all these years ago... I was a stupid teenager..." he'd be alright. Lying about what boofing and the Devil's Triangle are have fucked him right up.

I have no idea what boofing is, but the Ralph Club clearly was about spewing. Fibbing about minor details like that substantiates the possibility of him lying about serious stuff.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea what boofing is, but the Ralph Club clearly was about spewing. Fibbing about minor details like that substantiates the possibility of him lying about serious stuff.

Something about taking drugs by sticking them up your arse. Alternatively anal sex. Certainly nothing to do with farting, although that could be a side effect in the latter and costly in the former case.

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That seems like a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm enjoying how ridiculously partisan this is.

Well, he clearly lied several times under oath (Renate alumnus? Devil's triangle? Ralph club?), though I'm not sure there's the appetite to prove it.

While those things might not be big lies, it's a crime. So it's clearly relevant to ask if someone who would lie under oath is fit to be on the Supreme Court.

They should try getting some policies and not supporting right wing bills.
Turning a he said/she said into a national frenzy doesn't really seem like the right way to create a better society.

Stopping a rapist occupying the Supreme Court seems like one of the most cut and dry ways to building a better society.

1 minute ago, killiefan27 said:

Well, he clearly lied several times under oath (Renate alumnus? Devil's triangle? Ralph club?), though I'm not sure there's the appetite to prove it.

While those things might not be big lies, it's a crime. So it's clearly relevant to ask if someone who would lie under oath is fit to be on the Supreme Court.

How are they going to prove it? The fact there is a national debate about what a bunch of teenagers were talking about in their year books 30 years ago is absurd.

From "are you now or have you ever been a communist?" to "did you ever whitey at a house party?"

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Stopping a rapist occupying the Supreme Court seems like one of the most cut and dry ways to building a better society.

Would you support someone lying under oath to block him? Also he's not been accused of rape.

If they are committed to building a better society through the democratic process then they should actually follow it. Undermining the political process is exactly what people like the Kochs want.

Edited by Detournement

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Would you support someone lying under oath to block him? Also he's not been accused of rape.

Not sure about that. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/26/read-full-sworn-statement-from-brett-kavanaugh-accuser-julie-swetnick.html

Edited by welshbairn

If they are committed to building a better society through the democratic process then they should actually follow it. Undermining the political process is exactly what people like the Kochs want.

Packing the courts with deranged conservatives is what the Kochs want. Maybe you should practice your sudden conversion to leftist politics and support people opposing utter dangers to women being allowed prominent political positions by any means necessary.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Any idea why certain words are in " "?

Looks like they're words that are colloquial terminology, with the exception of "No", as it's a quote.

Looks like they're words that are colloquial terminology, with the exception of "No", as it's a quote.

Grassley is 84 years old and has to have his Frosties served to him by a nurse. There’s no way he’ll no what some of those terms refer to,

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Packing the courts with deranged conservatives is what the Kochs want. Maybe you should practice your sudden conversion to leftist politics and support people opposing utter dangers to women being allowed prominent political positions by any means necessary.

If they actually produced some evidence then fair enough but they haven't yet.

Instead of talking about boofing they should be talking about how to end life terms on the Supreme Court.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Grassley is 84 years old and has to have his Frosties served to him by a nurse. There’s no way he’ll no what some of those terms refer to,

"This 'punch' you refer to as being 'spiked'. I presume this has something to do with brass knuckles?"

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

"gang raped"?

Yep. "Train" rapes too, apparently. Golly.