The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

If they actually produced some evidence then fair enough but they haven't yet.
Instead of talking about boofing they should be talking about how to end life terms on the Supreme Court.

Do you believe Dr Ford’s testimony? Do you believe the latest allegations?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Apparently all the American newspapers have been trying to corroborate Swetnick's statement and can't find anyone who will.

You would think someone would remember regular line ups at house parties.

You'd think an interview with her under oath with the FBI might sharpen her memory a bit if she's making it up. But they've been told not to.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You'd think an interview with her under oath with the FBI might sharpen her memory a bit if she's making it up. But they've been told not to.

She doesn't make any specific accusations against Kavanaugh just general things that can't be proven or disproven.

If she wanted to be taken more seriously she could have found a lawyer who isn't suggesting himself as the next President.

The Swetnick thing seems like nonsense.
Ford I have no idea. 

Getting the vibe your leftist switch is just so you can troll the SNP fans on here from a more secure ideological footing, H_B. Might want to go away and work at it a bit more.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Getting the vibe your leftist switch is just so you can troll the SNP fans on here from a more secure ideological footing, H_B. Might want to go away and work at it a bit more.

I'm not H_B.

I just feel strongly that democractic processes shouldn't be derailed by  allegations without evidence.

I'm not H_B.
I just feel strongly that democractic processes shouldn't be derailed by  allegations without evidence.

Nah not sure any self-proclaimed leftist should be crying over an obvious danger to women being kept away from presiding over laws that can devastate their lives. You’ve fucked it here.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Nah not sure any self-proclaimed leftist should be crying over an obvious danger to women being kept away from presiding over laws that can devastate their lives. You’ve fucked it here.

How is it obvious? Step back from the rhetoric and just look at the allegations. There is one of a teenage assault at a party that no one else can remember. Another of getting his cock out at a party. And another one that sounds like Porkys.

We have spent a year listening to people saying Corbyn is an anti semite who should resign and laughed at them. You can't just believe what suits you.

If they actually produced some evidence then fair enough but they haven't yet.
Instead of talking about boofing they should be talking about how to end life terms on the Supreme Court.

It’s not a court case. Or wasn’t. It was a job interview. And I think almost everybody this side of Ted Cruz thinks he flunked the interview.

How is it obvious? Step back from the rhetoric and just look at the allegations. There is one of a teenage assault at a party that no one else can remember. Another of getting his cock out at a party. And another one that sounds like Porkys.
We have spent a year listening to people saying Corbyn is an anti semite who should resign and laughed at them. You can't just believe what suits you.

This is what the entirety of #MeToo is dependent on. If the collective shitting the bed from Kavanaugh and all his supporters over this, the constantly changing narrative on their end, that laughable performance at the hearing, Ford’s completely credible coherent testimony or the not at all weird signed list of 65 women that turns out to have been signed under false pretences isn’t enough for you to think that there’s something incredibly dodgy with the guy then you should probably take a step back and have another go in a few months.

The two accusations are not remotely similar unless you think these women that come forward are coming from the same position of power as the PLP or the British press are.

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

This is what the entirety of #MeToo is dependent on. If the collective shitting the bed from Kavanaugh and all his supporters over this, the constantly changing narrative on their end, that laughable performance at the hearing, Ford’s completely credible coherent testimony or the not at all weird signed list of 65 women that turns out to have been signed under false pretences isn’t enough for you to think that there’s something incredibly dodgy with the guy then you should probably take a step back and have another go in a few months.

The two accusations are not remotely similar unless you think these women that come forward are coming from the same position of power as the PLP or the British press are.

He's a Bush affiliated scumbag. However despite the MeToo movement there isn't a single allegation against him from after High School or with a witness to back it up. You aren't an idiot but you have called him a rapist despite no one accusing him of rape which makes me think you are caught up in the hyperbole.

If i had a gun to my head I would say Ford is telling the truth but that's no way to run a country. Being credible and coherent aren't proof that she isn't a Charlotte Corday type figure.

Also it's not a left-right issue. It's a squabble amongst the American elite.

Edited by Detournement

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

IMG_20180927_225642.thumb.jpg.7330f20e771a5802109ecd8d893586ad.jpg

29 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If i had a gun to my head I would say Ford is telling the truth.

So put him in the Supreme Court for the next 40 years and give the Right dominance for the foreseeable future? Or do you think putting his hand over her mouth to stop people hearing her screaming was just boys being boys? And never mind his repeated and proven lies before the Ford case came up.

There are currently 4 Justices appointed by Republicans. 5 if Kavanaugh gets appointed. 

That would mean 40% of the Republican nominated justices had serious and credible allegations of sexual assault made against them. (For those old enough Clarence Thomas had the Anita Hill and other allegations follow him to the court). Quite the strike rate. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Getting the vibe your leftist switch is just so you can troll the SNP fans on here from a more secure ideological footing.

Yeah, no shit.

Just the same shite troll as usual.

The thing that I was amused by was that Trump, only by his own standards btw, started by speaking quite well about the whole matter. Then today he starts flinging the shit. Can't resist.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So put him in the Supreme Court for the next 40 years and give the Right dominance for the foreseeable future? Or do you think putting his hand over her mouth to stop people hearing her screaming was just boys being boys? And never mind his repeated and proven lies before the Ford case came up.

Obviously the Democrats should vote against him.

They should also either attempt to reform the Supreme Court or start legislating (and campaigning) in a manner that neuters it. Rather than hoping the court never reserves Roe vs Wade why not attempt to create law that makes that impossible?