The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Your personal view on each individual isn't the same as the way the legal system works. Just because you want to believe somebody is guilty of something, doesn't mean they should be considered guilty in a court of law until it can be proven otherwise. Believe it or not, women do lie and there is an added political motive in this case that shouldn't be ignored.

So settle down petal.

Settle down petal? I'm angry about rape, which is literally at epidemic levels. Is that something to be calm about?

You, on the other hand, are having a minor heids gone about people who are angry about rape. That says nothing good about you at all.

In any case you're saying in a roundabout way what I said. This isn't a court of a law. It's a committee deciding if he's suitable for this unique position. They don't need to prove him guilty to conclude that he is insufficiently innocent. Your comment was irrelevant and meaningless, which I think you now appreciate though can't bring yourself to say.

"Women do lie" is a frankly idiotic thing to say. It invites the obvious response "men do rape", and much, much more frequently than "women do lie".

You should enjoy these exchanges with me while you can, because they're not going to last.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Settle down petal? I'm angry about rape, which is literally at epidemic levels. Is that something to be calm about?

You, on the other hand, are having a minor heids gone about people who are angry about rape. That says nothing good about you at all.

In any case you're saying in a roundabout way what I said. This isn't a court of a law. It's a committee deciding if he's suitable for this unique position. They don't need to prove him guilty to conclude that he is insufficiently innocent. Your comment was irrelevant and meaningless, which I think you now appreciate though can't bring yourself to say.

"Women do lie" is a frankly idiotic thing to say. It invites the obvious response "men do rape", and much, much more frequently than "women do lie".

You should enjoy these exchanges with me while you can, because they're not going to last.

I'm angry about rape too. I'm also angry about false accusations of rape, especially when there are clear political motives involved that are staring people right in the face.

Your position seems to be that accusations are enough to prevent people from gaining high profile positions. Well I tell you what, why don't we just allow one gender to dictate who gains powerful positions or not. They can just cry rape whenever somebody they don't like is about to gain a position of power. After all, they'll always have the opposition political party behind them, backing them every step of the way.

Saying that saying women lie is an idiotic thing to say is.... you guessed it, an idiotic thing to say. People lie for all sorts of reasons. One major reason being money. We have no idea of the true origin of this person and why they're only just speaking up about it now, with the financial backing of a political party that opposes the political views of the accused.

If you honestly think a woman accusing somebody of rape alone without credible evidence should be enough to dictate who commands power and who doesn't, then you've lost the plot.

I'm not enjoying these exchanges with you, you're a moron.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, GordonS said:
I used to think like that. Then I realised I've been dramatically underestimating the number of bigoted ignoramuses out there, and that Twitter actually is a fair reflection of what people are actually like.
It's only a matter of time until the next genocide.

We've got lots of them in this country.

DeeTillEhDeh is the best of us. He is always perfect.

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Your position seems to be that accusations are enough to prevent people from gaining high profile positions. Well I tell you what, why don't we just allow one gender to dictate who gains powerful positions or not.

Senator Collins was happy enough to demand Al Franken resign when there were only (much lesser) accusations against him. 

There have been credible accusations but no substantive investigation. Only 3 people were interviewed out of a possible 100 witnesses to various claimed crimes in about 6 days. 

More over his attitude and actions since the accusation have seen the Bar Association of America state he is unfit for the job. 

The Republicans invented a non existent law to deny the nomination of Merrick Garland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination

Only a buffoon thinks this is about "innocent till proven guilty" and some high minded bullshit. They do not care if he is innocent or guilty. They want him on the bench as soon as possible to be a young, hard right judge. 

5 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Senator Collins was happy enough to demand Al Franken resign when there were only (much lesser) accusations against him. 

There have been credible accusations but no substantive investigation. Only 3 people were interviewed out of a possible 100 witnesses to various claimed crimes in about 6 days. 

There is an actual photograph of Franken. If there was a photograph of Kavaunaugh and Ford he would have been KB'd.

This says at least 9 people were interviewed http://time.com/5415845/kavanaugh-fbi-investigation-witnesses/

On 04/10/2018 at 17:51, BawWatchin said:

Have you ever been to America? They're all thick as f**k. Even the opposition to Trump are mentally challenged.

The irony of someone who believes in fucking chemtrails calling other people thick :lol:

Probably see yourself as anti-racist too while generalising a nation of 300 million as all thick.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Neither do the "democrats".

He is not on trial, there is no "beyond reasonable" doubt for one crime. He was at a job interview where his composure, character, ability to lay aside personal and political affiliations were among the many traits he was supposed to be being assessed on. His jurisprudence alone would have been grounds for democrats to generally dismiss him as a candidate, his lack of composure, several likely lies and his constant harping about political enemies should have disqualified him from the Republican side. The allegations against him should also have been given a thorough investigation. 

Its incredulous to suggest he has been unfairly treated. People have a right and a duty to bring forward issues of substance that may weight against his character. 

40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There is an actual photograph of Franken. If there was a photograph of Kavaunaugh and Ford he would have been KB'd.

This says at least 9 people were interviewed http://time.com/5415845/kavanaugh-fbi-investigation-witnesses/

There was a photo of Franken pretending to touch someone asleep as a poor joke, with loads of witnesses. 

Regardless of the accusations against him, the way Kavanaugh handled himself during the process should have shown everyone he had nowhere near the temperament required to be a Supreme Court judge.

And that’s what the Democrats should have focused on. Not the he said - she said conjecture.

That said, Susan Collins and Munchkin or whatever his name is, are going to get a king hell b*****d of a tough time in November.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That said, Susan Collins

Collins is only up for reelection in 2020. She also has a very comfortable majority. 

Republican    Susan Collins       411,211    68.4%    +6.9%
Democratic    Shenna Bellows    189,653    31.6%    -6.9%

Collins is only up for reelection in 2020. She also has a very comfortable majority. 
  Republican    Susan Collins       411,211    68.4%    +6.9%
Democratic    Shenna Bellows    189,653    31.6%    -6.9%
Collins will be fine, this is after all the country that gave us Stepford Wives.
Kavanaugh's elevation is disgusting on so many levels, but even in these crazy times Trump's public ridiculing of Christine Blasey Ford's submission was truly nauseating.
The most fucked-up democracy on the planet by a country mile.