The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Especially if there's a Democrat majority in the House and maybe Senate looking into his tax records etc after the mid terms.

Dems are more likely to be down a seat in the midterms than up in the Senate.

They look like cruising the house though. 

Though there are variables that will likely make current turnout models problematic (how much the #MeeToo vs #HimToo dynamic of Kavanaugh affects various demographics motivation etc). 

26 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The original is worth a read. I was expecting a comic butler to walk in, trip, and and say "You called Sir?", to canned laughter.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/my-private-oval-office-press-conference-with-donald-trump.html

45 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Dems are more likely to be down a seat in the midterms than up in the Senate.

They look like cruising the house though. 

Though there are variables that will likely make current turnout models problematic (how much the #MeeToo vs #HimToo dynamic of Kavanaugh affects various demographics motivation etc). 

Dems up one would be fun. Pence would get the casting vote but it would give the likes of Collins, Murkowski and Sasse immense power.

The president also defended his decision to hold a political rally in Pennsylvania Wednesday night instead of canceling it to manage storm response.

“I couldn’t tell people that had been standing in line for a day and a half waiting to get into the arena that I’m not going,” Trump said. “I wasn’t going to disappoint thousands and thousands of people.”

“We’re getting tremendous marks for the job that we did,” Trump said of the disaster response.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/oct/11/hurricane-michael-latest-live-news-updates-florida-weather-evacuations-storm?page=with:block-5bbf7623e4b0ffed005eafc7#block-5bbf7623e4b0ffed005eafc7

Does a US President normally attend this many campaign rallies? I mean we all know they are a safe space for Trump where he can massage his ego but did Obama and others before him continue to attend such events after they were elected?

Does a US President normally attend this many campaign rallies? I mean we all know they are a safe space for Trump where he can massage his ego but did Obama and others before him continue to attend such events after they were elected?

Keeps the base riled up. Is probably the best strategy in terms of getting out any sort of vote.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

It's an effective way for Kelly to keep him away from the nuclear football guy, twitter and cable news. Even Fox has stopped covering most of the rallies. Obama was too busy to do it, the last thing anyone wants is Trump being busy. The more time he spends playing golf and preaching to the converted the better.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Keeps the base riled up. Is probably the best strategy in terms of getting out any sort of vote.

About 43% of the "likely registered voters"  have a favourable viewing of him. 

That is only 3% down on his election winning number of 46% of votes cast.