The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you’d said “Developed World” you might be able to stretch a point depending on interpretation but as it stands that’s utter bullocks.

I stand by my initial statement. No information is better than wrong information.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Said it before, will say it again.

It’s the marginal voters who will remove Trump; enough of them will change/not vote/vote though they didn’t last time.

Trump won by a small margin and lost the popular vote.  Only thing that will get him a second term will be a disastrous Democrat candidate.

The one thing Trump has managed by polemicising absolutely everything is to make sure nobody really can be counted upon as a marginal voter any more.  In that sense, he's probably the cause of his own demise.

BawWatchin you're a good guy, but that's shite. You can't compare the US as one homogeneous country where everyone is the same anymore than you can Europe. Folk in my neck of the woods have as much in common with Arizona as Scots do with Moldovans.

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

BawWatchin you're a good guy, but that's shite. You can't compare the US as one homogeneous country where everyone is the same anymore than you can Europe. Folk in my neck of the woods have as much in common with Arizona as Scots do with Moldovans.

This is true in my experience too. Coastal states by and large and with a few exceptions are inhabited by different people than the fly over states. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Uft I’d love to travel a bit of Connecticut, been to Boston twice and thats enough for life, horrid people, like New York though, think New Yorks a bit like Glasgow, fast pace but people are inherintly decent albeit self absorbed.

Absolutely how I found them both too, though most of the folk I speak to in NY are Irish.

Anyway, Trumpy.

Edited by JamieThomas

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The one thing Trump has managed by polemicising absolutely everything is to make sure nobody really can be counted upon as a marginal voter any more.  In that sense, he's probably the cause of his own demise.

Different interpretation same conclusion.

It’s a pity a wider range of Senate seats are not up for re-election in the midterms.  The House will definitely go to the Democrats but the more that can block and frustrate the orange liar before 2020 the better.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Different interpretation same conclusion.

It’s a pity a wider range of Senate seats are not up for re-election in the midterms.  The House will definitely go to the Democrats but the more that can block and frustrate the orange liar before 2020 the better.

It should be interesting to see all the investigations which the Democrats launch if they do prevail and take the House of Representatives. I think impeachment would be unlikely regardless of what happens (as the Senate would need a 2/3rd majority) so I suspect they'll embark on a project where they just dig up everything the White House and Republicans have been hiding in the last few years. Things will certainly be more theatrical at least.

54 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It should be interesting to see all the investigations which the Democrats launch if they do prevail and take the House of Representatives. I think impeachment would be unlikely regardless of what happens (as the Senate would need a 2/3rd majority) so I suspect they'll embark on a project where they just dig up everything the White House and Republicans have been hiding in the last few years. Things will certainly be more theatrical at least.

Hope they'll have the power to order the release of Trump's tax records.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hope they'll have the power to order the release of Trump's tax records.

They have the power to investigate them. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/03/trump-tax-evasion-2020-democrats-866624

https://www.bna.com/heres-democrats-examine-n73014482983/

Democrats say they plan to use a tax code provision to inspect President Donald Trump’s tax returns if they gain control of the House or Senate in the midterm elections.

That demand has gained fresh legs with the Oct. 2 publication of a New York Times investigative article that alleges Trump “participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s,” and with Democrats’ rising election prospects, especially in the House.

Under tax code Section 6103 (f)(1), the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee or Senate Finance Committee can request a tax return for inspection. The release of Trump’s tax returns has been an ongoing Democratic demand since before he was elected.

Ways and Means Democrats said they want to ask for the tax returns if their party takes control of the House in November. Senate Finance ranking member Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) on Oct. 3 asked Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Charles Rettig to investigate the allegations in the Times article. The IRS didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. New York state tax authorities have opened an investigation into the allegations. 

42 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

That's him tweeting the anti-semitic conspiracy theories now.

I don't agree with calling every criticism of Soros anti semitic.

Soros dodged $18 billion of dollars of tax then when the rules changed and he was due to pay it donated all the money to his charitable foundation. That charitable foundation's work is basically influencing domestic politics in various countries in ways which maintain his profits and minimise his tax bill.

Soros, Kochs, the Waltons, Depriska, Gates, Murdoch, the Rockefellers etc are all part of an international oligarchy that exists and uses their wealth to distort society.

mehta-velencia-pollapalooza-1005-2.png?w

But the more it tightens round it core the more moderates seems to slip

mehta-velencia-pollapalooza-1005-1.png?w

mehta-velencia-pollapalooza-1005-3.png?w

One wonders of this will motivate female occasional voters more than usual for the mid terms. Perhaps not. Its an open question. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-final-look-at-where-voters-stand-on-kavanaugh-before-the-senate-votes/