The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

From the FT report:

Trump said in a legal deposition last year that he had about $400mn in cash. Yet, since his company is private, his finances are unclear. Some of the documents published on Monday by Trump’s legal team show that Deutsche Bank, one of his top lenders, had made drastic downward adjustments to his stated net worth and liquid assets in its own credit reports.”

That last sentence is very revealing.

The biggest sign that he doesn't have $400M in cash would be the fact that he's stated he has $400M in cash.

The worry is that he someday acknowledges the existence of our universe and sends us all hurtling toward oblivion.

Hello, my name is Vladimir, I lend you plenty roubles yes? You just pose with nice lady with strap on for collateral, I wire it straight over

23 minutes ago, orfc said:

Hello, my name is Vladimir, I lend you plenty roubles yes? You just pose with nice lady with strap on for collateral, I wire it straight over

Russiagate was a hoax. The dems need to get new material. 

Edited by MazzyStar

2 hours ago, orfc said:

I'm really not surprised. A co-worker had his security clearance revoked because of a $50,000 loan that he was behind on paying. Any person with a clearance is viewed as a security risk if they can be compromised due to financial difficulties, and people with a history of missed payments or bankruptcy are routinely denied a clearance.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Occom's Razor suggests otherwise.

I'd suggest that "they made it all up" is a much simpler and more likely explanation than the big balloon being compromised by a foreign adversary.

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I'd suggest that "they made it all up" is a much simpler and more likely explanation than the big balloon being compromised by a foreign adversary.

Not simpler when you have to explain his continuing, and increasing, calls to act in ways favourable to Russia. I guess the counter argument is he’s just a fan of or actually a “strongman” himself.

14 hours ago, orfc said:

From this and other posts I've seen by Occupy Democrats, I suspect they're undercover Republicans out to make the Dems look mental.

Edited by welshbairn

Well here's more "Israelgate" or something.

With Russiagate, if it refers to Russian attempts to influence US voters in the 2016 presidential election then, yes, those attempts were made. If we're being asked to believe they impacted the election outcome, that's a much harder sell. 

If folk say Russiagate meaning Trump being compromised by prior dealings with Russians, I'm unconvinced. The Trump family have been most prolific in the Arabian peninsula states, building golf courses in Oman, UAE and the like. They go wherever they can, though. Just last week it became known Jared Kushner had acquired major real estate deals in Albania and Serbia. In all these places there's some state involvement given the size of the deals, meaning a degree of compromise for the Trump family. However, this is all post-2016 since he became a president then a possible future president. I doubt any states (including Russia) were bothered about getting some purchase on him before then.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not simpler when you have to explain his continuing, and increasing, calls to act in ways favourable to Russia. I guess the counter argument is he’s just a fan of or actually a “strongman” himself.

Trump has hardly said anything about events in Gaza and I recently heard a good take for why that might be. The suggestion was that Trump likes these big swings of his balls when it comes to foreign policy. Like when he ordered the assassination of the Iranian general, Soleimani, by missile strike. Trump likes doing a major stand-alone event like that or he likes doing these stupid "deals" he attempts, like when he kept going to shake hands with Kim Jong-Un. Yet when it comes to Gaza, there's little scope for doing a stand-alone stunt or doing any sort of "deal" to try and clinch something. This is what Netanyahu has been waiting for all his life so he's not going to be doing deals with anyone. So Trump doesn't see any opportunity in Gaza for him to do a big swing of his balls and therefore he has little interest in it.

With the war in Ukraine, he might see an opportunity for one of his stupid "deals", he's certainly said as much. He likely thinks he can do his hand shakes with Putin and Zelensky or something. While the Republican party have been blocking the military aid to Ukraine, that's been without Trump. While he was president, he did begin arming Ukraine in 2017 where Obama had previously refused. Much has changed since then, though. If the majority of his party are now against providing more military aid to Ukraine, which they are, then he'll not go against that.

On 19/03/2024 at 20:22, Freedom Farter said:

Trump has hardly said anything about events in Gaza and I recently heard a good take for why that might be. The suggestion was that Trump likes these big swings of his balls when it comes to foreign policy. Like when he ordered the assassination of the Iranian general, Soleimani, by missile strike. Trump likes doing a major stand-alone event like that or he likes doing these stupid "deals" he attempts, like when he kept going to shake hands with Kim Jong-Un. Yet when it comes to Gaza, there's little scope for doing a stand-alone stunt or doing any sort of "deal" to try and clinch something. This is what Netanyahu has been waiting for all his life so he's not going to be doing deals with anyone. So Trump doesn't see any opportunity in Gaza for him to do a big swing of his balls and therefore he has little interest in it.

With the war in Ukraine, he might see an opportunity for one of his stupid "deals", he's certainly said as much. He likely thinks he can do his hand shakes with Putin and Zelensky or something. While the Republican party have been blocking the military aid to Ukraine, that's been without Trump. While he was president, he did begin arming Ukraine in 2017 where Obama had previously refused. Much has changed since then, though. If the majority of his party are now against providing more military aid to Ukraine, which they are, then he'll not go against that.

As a short fingered vulgarian of some renown, perhaps he just has a humiliation fetish for touching big, manly hands?

Would explain his supporters' obsession with being "cucked".

Trump has today posted on his social network site that he has $500 million in cash, just a few days after his lawyers stated in a submission to the court that he cannot cover the cost of the judgement against him.

Go to two minutes forty seconds on here:

He’s probably lying but it’s the height of stupidity as it will certainly work against him in his appeal.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump has today posted on his social network site that he has $500 million in cash, just a few days after his lawyers stated in a submission to the court that he cannot cover the cost of the judgement against him.

Go to two minutes forty seconds on here:

He’s probably lying but it’s the height of stupidity as it will certainly work against him in his appeal.

Trump tells so many lies that it's hard to tell the zingers from the howlers. 

On 18/03/2024 at 22:31, TxRover said:

Currently stating that 30 underwriters were approached and all declined to underwrite his ($464,000,000…includes 10 bills for Eric and DonJ) bond. Signed statement from Trumps insurance broker says securing a bond for the full amount “is a practical impossibility.”

They’re down to arguing a bind isn’t necessary due to he value of Trump’s properties…

I thought he said he had the cash, eh?

But what are the values? Who are we supposed to believe? I know who my money is on.

Mar-a-Lago was a focus of the New York business fraud case that resulted in a judgement and order to post the bond while the case is appealed. State Judge Arthur F. Engoron said he based his $18 million to $27 million valuation of Mar-a-Lago off of the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's Office. Trump has claimed the estate is valued at $1 billion, but Engoron said the lower valuation is more accurate because of property restrictions Trump agreed to that would not allow subdivisions or even more varied private uses.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

But what are the values? Who are we supposed to believe? I know who my money is on.

Mar-a-Lago was a focus of the New York business fraud case that resulted in a judgement and order to post the bond while the case is appealed. State Judge Arthur F. Engoron said he based his $18 million to $27 million valuation of Mar-a-Lago off of the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's Office. Trump has claimed the estate is valued at $1 billion, but Engoron said the lower valuation is more accurate because of property restrictions Trump agreed to that would not allow subdivisions or even more varied private uses.

Here yet another illustration of the problems in the U.S. mixed with Trump’s shit. Property values in the U.S. have several meanings…”market value”, “assessed value” and “appraised value” (and all three terms are used in varying manners across the U.S.).

Theoretically:

Market Value - The price a property would bring if offered, unencumbered, on the open market.

Assessed Value - The value a property is taxed upon during any particular taxing year. May be less than Appraised Value for a number of reasons, most often exemptions or statutory limits on the increase in Appraised Value.

Appraised Value - The value placed upon a property by a taxing entity, used to determine taxes owed.

(Bonus) Insurance Value - The value placed on a property that represents the cost to repair or replace the property in the case of an insurance loss. Usually less than Market Value due to the repurchase of property being unnecessary in the case of a loss, but higher than reconstruction cost due to the cost of clearing the property after a loss.

So it’s entirely likely that everyone is in some way correct about Mar-a-Lago’s value. The local appraisal district may appraise Mar-a-Lago at say $18 million, the county and State would then tax Mar-a-Lago at perhaps $15 million due to some exemptions, and the property might be worth $50 million to the right buyer.

In the U.S., it’s extremely common for higher value properties to be wildly undervalued on property tax rolls. The less your property is worth, the closer to Market Value the Apprised Value normally is. This is due to the laws design and the much lower number of “comps” (or comparison sales) for higher value properties. There is generally a burden of proof for establishing values, and it’s much more difficult for those high value properties, and then those owners have lawyers or the funds to hire them to fight valuations. As such, it’s easier to value a $10 millions dollar property at $5 million for tax purposes than fight it out in court…where a $300,000 house gets valued at $275,000 because they have 10 houses like it sold in the last year for an average of $275,000.

On 19/03/2024 at 20:22, Freedom Farter said:

I totally agree with this.  Regardless of left or right, Trump is all about publicity stunts from one day to the next.

"Children are bring blown to hits in Gaza.  How can I turn this into a conversation about me?"

"You can't."

"Okay.  Move on.  What else is going on?"

I think a lot of Joe Biden's appeal is not Biden himself but simply the idea of a president acting like a president as they all did before Trump came along.