The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye, having watched some of his campaign ads and given i take a bit of interest in florida politics, can confirm De Santis is a bible bashing fruit cake. He would probably win against Biden too. 

Coming from Ground Zero on this as I have no knowledge of this guy, may I ask if you see him as a "fruitcake" simply by viewing things from a Christian viewpoint or is it more than that?

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Coming from Ground Zero on this as I have no knowledge of this guy, may I ask if you see him as a "fruitcake" simply by viewing things from a Christian viewpoint or is it more than that?

Hes a christian nationalist who tries to conflate notions of americanness with adhertion to christian fundamentalist beliefs.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

All Christians are fruitcakes* but he’s got nuts on top.

I love the American right-wing exceptionalists who steadfastly claim that the USA is a Christian nation despite the Constitution contradicting that.

* also applies to adherents of other organised religions.

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

He's not done yet! Although my own theory comes from the replies where someone reckons he's going to announce he's running for President in 2024 and nobody round him has the cojones to tell him he's already done that. 

image.gif.9d9bd4aa880dfceef81fe20ba40ae2cd.gif

Edit: Seriously though he might decide to run as an independent if the republicans don’t fall into line 

Edited by Clown Job

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Edit: Seriously though he might decide to run as an independent if the republicans don’t fall into line 

If he ran as an independent and claimed that God appeared to him one night and told him to do it he'd mop up a huge proportions of the nutter wing of the Republican Party... or "The Republican Party" as it is more generally referred to. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

He's not done yet! Although my own theory comes from the replies where someone reckons he's going to announce he's running for President in 2024 and nobody round him has the cojones to tell him he's already done that. 

I’m so excited, I’m not sure I’ll be able to sleep tonight.  

14 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Not as good as Ben Garrison IMVHO.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Not as good as Ben Garrison IMVHO.

I was gonna say I thought Ben had fallen out with Trump - he did a cartoon a few weeks back that had Ron DeSantis as the buff strongman he normally does Trump as. Quick look at his site shows normal service resumed tho; probably got lots of nice fan mail about it. I also had the quick look at his site on my phone and forgot to switch it private browsing so history deletion imminent, which is a pain in the arse. 

19 hours ago, Clown Job said:

If he did, even well past his sell by date Joe Biden would win by a record margin.

Some folk on Twitter suggesting he's going to announce his candidacy for Speaker, as apparently you don't have to be a congressman to be Speaker, anyone can be voted in but its just by convention that its always been a congressman (or woman in Pelosi's case). Surely that would be a bizarre and nonsensical move?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Some folk on Twitter suggesting he's going to announce his candidacy for Speaker, as apparently you don't have to be a congressman to be Speaker, anyone can be voted in but its just by convention that its always been a congressman (or woman in Pelosi's case). Surely that would be a bizarre and nonsensical move?

It’d mean he’d actually have to do some work - or at least show up Monday to Friday - so I can’t see it. There’d be no real point when he’d be working Kevin McCarthy from the back (with the three toed missing link keeping him in check lest he get some ideas about trying to actually do the job) anyway.