The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I'm an atheist but even I'm moved to say "oh my God". 

Given the adulation from his base and how let down they will feel, for the first time ever, I'm going to quote Treebeard from the Lord of the Rings series... "There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of men for this treachery." 

Those Trump NFT's reminded me that Duke Nukem Forever finished with our hero announcing a run for president; he'd probably be Trump's age by now. Here are some of the portraits of himself he had scattered around his penthouse:

image.png.3415a255ca8365594b93f55f0a0ee51e.png

image.png.ea38dc8b01606be60e6fb51113ebb54a.png

image.png.54c5edf45c6f123079ed2f3e24f6aa2e.png

Actually I think he is right.  America needs a superhero.  It follows it also needs a villain.  The story doesn't work without both.

I think he would be a great Lex Luther.  A Manhattan property developer attempting to seize power simply for his own greed and ego.  His last attempt failed but now he has a box of Kryptonite and will be able to try again.

That will be the announcement.

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Some folk on Twitter suggesting he's going to announce his candidacy for Speaker, as apparently you don't have to be a congressman to be Speaker, anyone can be voted in but its just by convention that its always been a congressman (or woman in Pelosi's case). Surely that would be a bizarre and nonsensical move?

True statement that he could be elected Speaker of the House. It would fall in line with his megalomania.

12 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

It’d mean he’d actually have to do some work - or at least show up Monday to Friday - so I can’t see it. There’d be no real point when he’d be working Kevin McCarthy from the back (with the three toed missing link keeping him in check lest he get some ideas about trying to actually do the job) anyway. 

That’s also a correct point, it would conflict with his golfing.

He's only a superhero in one TBF. The rest, he's just doing a job he's woefully underqualified for (astronaut, pilot, billionaire, president).

I like the one where he's suffering from a stroke in a post-apocalyptic hellscape, while another nuclear bomb goes off next to Lady Liberty behind him.

From CNET…that’s another $4M+ from suckers…

The news turned out to be a disappointment even to some of Trump’s supporters: a Trump-themed NFT collection. 

"My official Donald Trump Digital Trading Card collection is here!" he posted on Thursday. Trump never used the abbreviation "NFT" in the post, but that's indeed what the "digital trading cards" are: 45,000 NFTs on the Polygon blockchain, priced at $99 each.

Though the NFTs were widely mocked by both Trump supporters and detractors alike, all 45,000 sold out in around 12 hours, according to OpenSea data. At $99 each, that means $4.45 million has been raised. The collection's creators also receive 10% of every sale on secondary markets like OpenSea. Thus far traders have spent $406,000 (320 ether) buying and selling the NFTs on OpenSea. Who that money goes to and how it's used remains a mystery.”

28 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Who that money goes to and how it's used remains a mystery.

Can't remember who tweeted it, but someone did go thru the small print and Trump isn't the owner, he's just licensed his name and image to whoever is. Wouldn't be a surprise if it was another laundering wheeze with Trump now able to claim innocence as he's nothing really to do with it. Price has dropped to $70-odd overnight, but with that many being sold, it looks iffy and 25-30% as a loss in cleaning up dodgy money might be in the realms of acceptability for those who need to do so.