The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

28 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

It costs the US taxpayer $3 million when he goes to Palm Beach for the weekend. I'm not sure if that includes the Secret Service paying him for rooms in his resort.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It costs the US taxpayer $3 million when he goes to Palm Beach for the weekend. I'm not sure if that includes the Secret Service paying him for rooms in his resort.

and how much does it cost us when Mrs Windsor goes tae Ascot for a week or onywhere else.
No forgetting the rest of her clan.
I reckon we would give the yanks a run for their (and our) money.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/us/phoenix-guadalupe-garcia-de-rayos.html?_r=0

It looks like a Mexican woman who has been living in Arizona for 21 years is in danger of getting deported under Trump.
It's crazy. She paid taxes and wasn't a threat to anyone. Doing this on a large scale will literally ruin tens of thousands of ordinary people's lives and won't even unearth the real undocumented felons.

6 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I remember that story.

A woman who has been married to a British man for 27 years is being held in a Scottish detention centre prior to deportation.
Irene Clennel is originally from
Singapore and has two British sons and a granddaughter.
She lives with her husband John in
County Durham and was detained at a routine appointment at an immigration reporting centre in Middlesbrough.
The Home Office has said it does not comment on individual cases.
Mrs Clennel was given indefinite leave to remain in the
UK after her marriage.
But periods spent back in
Singapore caring for her elderly parents appear to have invalidated her residential status.

4 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

and how much does it cost us when Mrs Windsor goes tae Ascot for a week or onywhere else.
No forgetting the rest of her clan.
I reckon we would give the yanks a run for their (and our) money.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $3 million dollars for Liz to go to Windsor for the weekend, or that she'd charge the Special Branch for B+B.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $3 million dollars for Liz to go to Windsor for the weekend, or that she'd charge the Special Branch for B+B.

Mibbe no but surely the SB should be included in any account?
Presumably Trump would fly to Palm Beach in Airforce One.
So an equivalent would be perhaps Lizzie (and her entourage) flying to Switzerland to visit Andrew Windsor in his Swiss Chalet.
That would up the price a wee bit.

31 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Mibbe no but surely the SB should be included in any account?
Presumably Trump would fly to Palm Beach in Airforce One.
So an equivalent would be perhaps Lizzie (and her entourage) flying to Switzerland to visit Andrew Windsor in his Swiss Chalet.
That would up the price a wee bit.

The Queen doesn't travel with an army, and doesn't have the Secret Service having to rent a floor in Trump Tower in New York (amazing building, best in the world, top rates) to look after Phil the Greek or in case she pops in, quite aside from Mar-a-Lago. In comparison the Royal Family spent £5.1 million last year on official visits.  Trump spends $3 million every weekend.

P.S. You'll be infuriated to know that you're paying 56p a year for the upkeep of the Royal Family.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cost-of-royal-family-rises-twice-as-fast-as-inflation-9563293.html

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Queen doesn't travel with an army, and doesn't have the Secret Service having to rent a floor in Trump Tower in New York (amazing building, best in the world, top rates) to look after Phil the Greek or in case she pops in, quite aside from Mar-a-Lago. In comparison the Royal Family spent £5.1 million last year on official visits.  Trump spends $3 million every weekend.

I presume that is the figure that is quoted but I do remember years ago that the PM of the time said that they do not discuss
how much it is to guard the royal f**king family as it is an item of national security.
And to me that is just an excuse to spend, spend, spend, nae questions asked.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Posting at... what time is it over there?

You're not doing a very good job of pretending to be Murican, Swampy.

Get off work at 3 am most days.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, absolutely nothing to do with racial prejudice affecting life chances.

Wiki with sources

That's different than what I said. I said that even if you give black people the same income at the same points in life, they will end up on average with much, much less wealth. Differences in how wealth is handled is a massive factor in the income gap. That's specifically why reparations won't work as a long term solution for black poverty or the income gap. I was responding to a specific proposal for how to help black people in America.

8 hours ago, The OP said:

I also think that generally I might face more barriers in life than someone from Newton Mearns and someone from Possil might face more barriers than me. So even if we start at the same salary there'll be differences in our ability to buy a house, the advice we can obtain about making investments, the prejudice we face in job interviews because of our social class, etc. The thing is in America most of the 'People from Possil' are black, so it's easier for bigots to portray all of their problems being down to their culture and race and it's harder for them to hide their background and overcome latent prejudice. 

Black people in the same credit score range are more likely to default than white people. Black people with the same income are more likely to have a low credit score. That's what I mean about habits regarding wealth leading to different outcomes even if the income is the same.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/us/phoenix-guadalupe-garcia-de-rayos.html?_r=0

It looks like a Mexican woman who has been living in Arizona for 21 years is in danger of getting deported under Trump.
It's crazy. She paid taxes and wasn't a threat to anyone. Doing this on a large scale will literally ruin tens of thousands of ordinary people's lives and won't even unearth the real undocumented felons.

The problem is that a system which allows a mass increase in the number of low skilled workers does have a mass negative effect on society as a whole and many Americans. Every week I watch Americans come into where I work and ask if we are hiring and every time they are turned away just because they are American. Illegals will work harder for 1/2 to 1/3rd as much and are easier to control as employees. That's the situation Americans on the bottom end of society are facing when they look for work.

Edit: I'd also question whether she was a net taxpayer. Almost no low income workers with kids are net taxpayers. Almost no illegals with kids are net taxpayers.

Edited by Deplorable

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Woman enters country illegally, uses fake social security number, gets kicked out country.

Terrible for her and her family, but by the letter of the law entirely fair. I'm firmly on the fence.

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

Woman enters country illegally, uses fake social security number, gets kicked out country.

Terrible for her and her family, but by the letter of the law entirely fair. I'm firmly on the fence.

She was 14 when she arrived and her only offence over 21 years was inventing a social security number to get a job.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She was 14 when she arrived and her only offence over 21 years was inventing a social security number to get a job.

The despicable bitch!  I hope they flog her within an inch of her life before sending her back.