The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There is a minimum wage in California. $10.50 an hour. The reason behind hiring undocumented people is so you don't need to pay them the minimum wage, which you seem to have missed.

Anyway, California's agriculture industry would be dead without illegal immigrants. More than a million of them work on the farms and vineyards for a pittance.
They are the new slave labour.
I wonder how many Trump supporters who want them gone would take a job picking avocados in 40 degrees for $10 an hour.

1. That's all going to be automated soon anyways. As a side note, automation is going to be a major problem in the near future regarding employment, which is near the top of the list for why we need to stop importing low skilled people as soon as possible.

2. Generally, I think that most companies complaining about a lack of workers just don't want to pay or don't want to train Americans. However, there are some jobs that do fall into the "Americans won't do them" category. For those jobs, like picking avocados, you implement a strict guest worker program where people come and work their allotted time before going home.

Edited by Deplorable

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 09:40, The OP said:

You also make an awful lot of very outrageous statements based on sources or research which you never cite. 

'A lot of leftists think' 'a lot of people say' 'a lot of research shows'.

FFS, if you're going to quote him, quote him correctly - "All research shows etc etc"

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 13:13, Wee Willie said:

When I were a lad that was the only bog paper except for newspaper.
At least ye could read the newspaper.

If I mind correctly Izal toilet paper had "Izal" printed on it, so you could read that, too.

My state doesn't give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, so they have to hire legal for that job. He tries to get legal Chinese from time to time, but they generally don't want to live here compared to other parts of the country. Plus my specific town has infrastructure issues and is hanging off the side of a mountain so you have to know the roads to deliver fast. The last Chinese person he hired drove here from Chicago for the job and was fired after the first day because he was too slow.
ICE is not a danger. Basically every foreign owned restaurant employs mostly illegals. I've worked at least part time in restaurants since I was 16. There are no raids. Employers don't worry.

[emoji3]
You still the man swampy you loonball

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Don't let them be undocumented and they won't be below the minimum wage. It's a massive fucking country, with one of the lowest population densities on the planet, give them citizenship.

Unless you combine that will real border enforcement then it's no good and you just end up with the same mess all over again. The newly legal workers would move up into the legal economy and new illegals would replace them. Reagan offered an amnesty to all illegals in the 80s to be combined with border enforcement that would shut down all future illegal immigration. He said it was one of his biggest mistakes as President. Republicans have offered amnesty after it's shown that the border is secure numerous times over my life and the Democrats won't agree to real border enforcement.

One side note, it's not just population density. It's first world infrastructure that's the issue. Low wage immigrants suck up more in public service and infrastructure use than they contribute. It's just that the costs and benefits are unevenly distributed. The use of infrastructure and taxpayer costs go to everyone, while the benefits of cheap labor accrue mostly to a small group of people.

I'll give you 6/4 his hip gives out before clearing the wall. AND he'll have forgotten his bottle of Highland Spring so dehydration will have set in. Storming postponed!

Strathmore Spring water would be more appropriate if your beseiging Glamis Castle.

This is a Scottish accent, correct?

Regarding the earlier talk about California farms:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-garlic-labor-shortage-20170207-story.html

How this garlic farm went from a labor shortage to over 150 people on its applicant wait list

I guess it turns out that raising wages from $11 to $15 per hour makes Americans want to do the work all of a sudden.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-state-visit-london-midlands-a7575716.html

Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK could be moved from London to the Midlands

Reasoning behind move is to allow President to face a more sympathetic crowd in Brexit heartland

Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK could be moved from London to the Midlands, it has been reported. 

The change of location is apparently being considered to allow the President to address a rally and raise money for war veterans through ticket sales. 

It is thought the reasoning behind the move is to allow Mr Trump to face a more sympathetic crowd in the Brexit heartland.

“It would be his biggest rally with 85,000 people coming together to celebrate the US-UK special relationship,” a source close to Mr Trump said, according to The Daily Telegraph.  

“If he is not speaking to the Houses of Parliament, let’s go to the people. The only person who gets screwed is the Speaker of the House of Commons.”

The plans for the Trump rally include performances by cheerleaders from America’s National Football League.

Edited by Deplorable