The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Are you actually trying to say that believing that Trump was the lesser of two evils because he wouldn't get anything done, vs Clinton who would have gotten everything she wanted, that somehow makes me a racist? As I've said repeatedly, both were terrible choices. Saying both are terrible but one is the lesser is not an endorsement of that candidate. 

This entire situation just proves how broken the voting system is in the US when you are stuck voting for one of two parties for so long that a vote ends up being between two candidates who are different to one another but pretty much both as bad as each other.

Don't let them call you racist. They are the ones with odd opinions about what defines racism. Call them out on it.

Recent survey data asked people in 18 countries if they thought ethnically motivated immigration restriction should be considered racist. 

"A (member of the ethnic majority) who identified with her group and its history supports a proposal to reduce immigration. Her motivation is to maintain her group's share of the population for cultural reasons. Is this person a) racist, b) racially self-interested, which is not racist, c) don't know." White American was used for the US, Hindu for India, Xhosa for South Africa, White Briton for the UK, etc.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/antiracism-norms-and-immigration/

imgracism_xcountry-1024x576.jpg

Don't let them call you racist. They are the ones with odd opinions about what defines racism. Call them out on it.

Recent survey data asked people in 18 countries if they thought ethnically motivated immigration restriction should be considered racist. 

"A (member of the ethnic majority) who identified with her group and its history supports a proposal to reduce immigration. Her motivation is to maintain her group's share of the population for cultural reasons. Is this person a) racist, b) racially self-interested, which is not racist, c) don't know." White American was used for the US, Hindu for India, Xhosa for South Africa, White Briton for the UK, etc.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/antiracism-norms-and-immigration/

imgracism_xcountry-1024x576.jpg

So we are now defining racism by surveys?

Clinton's a deeply unlikable and robotic politician but I didn't see anything to suggest she was a greater evil than Trump.

Domestically, her policies actually looked pretty decent to me. Sanders would've been to thank for that rather than any convictions on her part but still.

You can guarantee she'd have been hawkish but still a much safer pair of hands than Donny. His meltdown once it's clear he's done (potentially after the mid-terms) is bound to get messy.

The Bernie or Bust and left-leaning #chemtrails types have a lot to answer for.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump is getting poor press because he's fucking useless.  He promised a whole bunch of stuff and has delivered on none of it.

Wall?  No.

Healthcare?  No.

Massive infrastructure spending?  No.

Tax reform (cuts)?  No.

And this from a Republican President who has a majority in the Senate and the House.  What a fucking loser.

He's also tried to take credit for the job creation that has occurred since he became President when it is obvious that the economic conditions that led to this were set in play long before he took office.

What's laughable is that folk genuinely believed he could deliver better healthcare for less (who knew healthcare was so complicated?), and that he could spends billions more on infrastructure whilst cutting taxes.

There must be really thick as shit people in the USA.

image.jpg

Ed - here's a better one I saw the other day:

DE55B5DU0AACQ10.jpg

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

23 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Clinton's a deeply unlikable and robotic politician but I didn't see anything to suggest she was a greater evil than Trump.

Domestically, her policies actually looked pretty decent to me. Sanders would've been to thank for that rather than any convictions on her part but still.

You can guarantee she'd have been hawkish but still a much safer pair of hands than Donny. His meltdown once it's clear he's done (potentially after the mid-terms) is bound to get messy.

The Bernie or Bust and left-leaning #chemtrails types have a lot to answer for.

The way Clinton's eyes shine with excitement when she talks about military stuff and taking people out freaks me out a bit. But agreed, the Donald's far more unpredictable and scary. His ignorance could start a war with a tweet. North Korea for example could think they're under imminent attack and strike at South Korea while they still can.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The way Clinton's eyes shine with excitement when she talks about military stuff and taking people out freaks me out a bit.

Unfounded hyperbole.  Clinton wouldn't have done anything Obama wouldn't have done.  That doesn't mean she'd be a great liberal president it just means she'd be a million miles better than Trump.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Unfounded hyperbole.  Clinton wouldn't have done anything Obama wouldn't have done.  That doesn't mean she'd be a great liberal president it just means she'd be a million miles better than Trump.

Bollocks. She was absolutely livid when she couldn't get Obama to bomb Syrian government targets.