The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 hours ago, Shades75 said:

I think widespread social disorder is coming in the US.

I think Enoch Powell had some words at one point on this topic.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

So every anti-fascist is a thug and we should feel sorry for Donald for being confused about who to blame, and the nasty media reporting his tweets. I see.

People should be held responsible for who they assemble with politically to a certain extent. If I was attending an event and saw Nazi flags or European fascist iconography I'm turning around. Any right winger who doesn't deserves whatever judgement they get for their associations. I hold all people to that same standard. If you share a protest with masked people creating violence or people waving Soviet flags then I'm going to judge you as a totalitarian who supports political violence. I'm so sick of hear the phrase "peaceful protest which turned violent" when literally 100% of people in the world knew that a particular protest was going to turn violent. You're responsible for the company to keep to a certain extent.

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Because not every single person who went to protest the removal of the statue was a Nazi. Some were confederates, some were peaceful protesters there because they didn't agree with the removal of the statue. 

Confederates are Nazis, people who don't agree with the statue being taken down (as far as I could tell, the KKK and other Nazis) are also Nazis.  HTH.

Edited by Baxter Parp

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

What's a 3%er?

There's a popular myth that only 3% of American colonists actually took up arms against the British government. They are generally ex-military people who keep training as a hobby in case they ever need to fight against a totalitarian US government.

If you're ever in the US and you see this symbol on somebody's truck or clothing they are involved.

Image result for iii%ers

16 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

told undercover federal agents that he agrees with 3%er ideology. Lol.  

Yet if he was Muslim and told undercover agents he agreed with extreme Muslim ideology you'd be all for stringing him up.  Bloody racist.

http://okcfox.com/news/local/jerry-varnell-claims-to-be-part-of-group-three-percenters

Edited by Baxter Parp

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yet if he was Muslim and told undercover agents he agreed with extreme Muslim ideology you'd be all for stringing him up.  Bloody racist.

I am for putting him in jail. I have no problem with the government goading crazy folks to see if they will actually try and go through with a terrorist attack. He did. 

I'm against Nazis. I just think that radical Islam is a far, far more pressing problem. Nazis barely exist in the USA or the UK. They are the boogeyman meant to help get the left wing base out to vote. Politics theses days is more about making sure your people turn up rather than convincing people to change their perspective. That's why the Democrats in power in Virginia wanted this confrontation to happen and made sure that it did happen. 

2017 UK General election:

British National Party - 4,580 votes

Wiki tells me there were 167K in the "other parties" category. I'll assume some of those were for fascist parties. Probably somewhere around .01% overall I assume. Same in the US Presidential election. Nazis are a complete yawn.

Sure, if you want to have a massive negative effect on society as a whole because you can't stand the fact that 10,000 people in your country believe something that 99.9% of people think is dumb. Seems like a bad tradeoff. Call me when Nazis reach .02% of the population and we can revisit this discussion.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/897255950951866368

I thought this was quite instructive. So many of the monuments were put up at a time of major racial tension/civil rights problems. It's not about re-writing history, it's about tearing down statues specifically erected to let black folk know they're 2nd class citizens.

DHOxhm2WAAEkKLZ.jpg

Certainly there was an uptick in Confederate iconography when the Civil Rights era was getting going, and the two were related.

I think looking for correlations beyond that is a bit of a stretch. 1900-1920 would be when the last of the soldiers would have been dying out and when the first generation who didn't experience the horror of the war directly as children would have been taking power. It makes sense that some combination of honoring the dying generation and the nostalgic view that come sometimes accompany thoughts on a war from people who didn't have to experience it first hand would explain the first big jump.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

6 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Certainly there was an uptick in Confederate iconography when the Civil Rights era was getting going, and the two were related.

I think looking for correlations beyond that is a bit of a stretch. 1900-1920 would be when the last of the soldiers would have been dying out and when the first generation who didn't experience the horror of the war directly as children would have been taking power. It makes sense that some combination of honoring the dying generation and the nostalgic view that come sometimes accompany thoughts on a war from people who didn't have to experience it first hand would explain the first big jump.

But not the subsequent ones.

42 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It's not really about whether the end result is happier for the couple. You may be right. Long term cousin marriage lowers IQ, with all that means for society. It also results in clannish societal organization and destroys any notion of gender equality in most societies where's it practiced. The West hit on the a pretty good societal organization for individual freedom to flourish, strong nuclear families, strong national bonds, weak tribal bonds inbetween. 

I will say it's really strange how must hostility my thoughts that it would be better for British society if more Pakistanis married British people, or at least British born Pakistanis. That seems like a no brainer.

I'd also like to point out to the people who are acting flabbergasted by my position on immigration and integration, I'm far closer to the mainstream than anybody else here on that topic. Get out and talk to people. Or at least educate yourself about the opinions held by your fellow citizens. 

You claimed earlier in the thread that you were a libertarian, yet your position on immigration (and possibly marriage) contradicts that.

5 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I think looking for correlations beyond that is a bit of a stretch. 

Is it aye ?

I'm sure it was mere coincidence that a large spike of courthouse monuments were raised during the time when Jim Crow laws were being passed and the Klan membership was at its peak. Just as the increase in monuments and schools named after confederates coincided with Brown v The Board of Education.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You claimed earlier in the thread that you were a libertarian, yet your position on immigration (and possibly marriage) contradicts that.

Is it aye ?

I'm sure it was mere coincidence that a large spike of courthouse monuments were raised during the time when Jim Crow laws were being passed and the Klan membership was at its peak. Just as the increase in monuments and schools named after confederates coincided with Brown v The Board of Education.

Large scale immigration has the net effect of decreasing freedom and opportunity for people currently in the US. I'm not a pure libertarian. For instance, I don't believe in service fees being the only funding for government or no social safety net or nonsense like that. There's no reason I can't take an other than pure zero government position on certain social issues as well.

The Klan at it's peak (the so-called 2nd Klan) was mostly about stopping Catholic immigration rather than issues with black Americans and was actually most popular in Midwestern states. Doubt there's any correlation between the 2nd Klan and Confederate monuments. 

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It's not really about whether the end result is happier for the couple. You may be right. Long term cousin marriage lowers IQ, with all that means for society. It also results in clannish societal organization and destroys any notion of gender equality in most societies where's it practiced.

Are you describing Pakistani arranged marriage? Or the inbred, redneck, nazi scum you're so keen to defend?