The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The Russians must be laughing their f*cking tits off.

I'm not sure. Unless he suspends the constitution and closes down Congress they don't have a chance of getting sanctions reduced. They would have had a better chance with Hillary. I bet their going "Jesus, what the f**k have we done?" They didn't take into account the checks and balances, and that cosying up with the Russkies goes down very badly with the Republican establishment. They overplayed their hand.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

So a couple of hammer and sickle flegs indicates that the anti Trump movement is Leninist and Maoist ?

Following this logic, given the multitude of swastikas and white power flegs on the other side, I assume you're happy to acknowledge the whole Trump movement as a festering hive of fascist scum ?

Imagine looking at Lenin's war on the kulaks and Mao's land reform policy and not thinking they're total legends

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I'll be totally honest, there's not much that The Progressive Liberal has to say that I agree with, but turning topics into echo chambers where everyone is only allowed to have the same opinion doesn't help anyone. 

I doubt a forum consisting of Baxter Parp and strichener can be considered an echo chamber.

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The Russians must be laughing their f*cking tits off.

A nation which by all accounts are enormously diminished in prestige, power and projection being built up to be the major boogeyman of the world's literal hegemonic power. Embarrassing stuff all round from the Yanks.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Doubtful. American politics seems to be as partisan as football fans. Its embarrassing.

That's true here as well though. Lots of people would rather 'win' than actually see the best outcome for the country. We've seen it enough in the Brexit and independence debates on here.

Trump must be regretting running for President.  I'm sure he envisaged adulation and huge popularity ratings whilst helping himself and his friends to massive tax cuts.  I doubt that he ever imagined such criticism, negative publicity and pressure; and he's only 8 months into it!

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump must be regretting running for President.  I'm sure he envisaged adulation and huge popularity ratings whilst helping himself and his friends to massive tax cuts.  I doubt that he ever imagined such criticism, negative publicity and pressure; and he's only 8 months into it!

I don't think he intended to win it, he wanted to build up a fan base to fund a new cable channel that would out do Fox in attacking President Clinton and the Washington swamp, and bring the likes of Alex Jones on as the new Walter Cronkite, and incidentally build up the Trump brand. In a way it's good that he won, he's been found out as an empty shell. Every day sees his polls tumble, and support reduced to people he's forced to publicly condemn as bigots. Just hope the adults don't allow him to do anything too stupid till 2020, and there are some sane grown ups to take over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40943425

"US President Donald Trump has again blamed both sides for the violent unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia, which left one protester dead and others injured.

In a statement on Monday, he had condemned white supremacists.

But in New York on Tuesday he also blamed left-wing supporters for charging at the "alt-right".

He also defended the time it took to make his statement, saying he had wanted to establish all the facts.

Mr Trump had been accused over the weekend of failing to condemn the far right specifically."

I actually feel sorry for him here, he is in a position where his every action or word spoken as president has been relentlessly attacked, What he said on Saturday was pretty basic, this is totally true but he said was in effect that there were 2 sides to this story and blame for both. Nothing said there isn't true, I have no problem seeing far right racist assholes being de-platformed because there is no place in society for their petty views.

But Antifa are still a group of thugs who have a history of violent acts and vandalism who only look good in this situation because of who they were opposing, they still vandalised the town and assaulted people and there is reports of one right wing guy who may have have been left with permanent eye damage after a acid/mace attack (there are conflicting reports and there is no clarity yet) Does that justify what happened to them? of course it doesn't, but it doesn't wash away what they did either. 

Trump has basically been left in a situation where he has absolutely not said enough, but despite what he did say being correct, he is still wrong as far as many are concerned.

So because of this one protest they challenged that automatically redeem's them of any other actions?

Who else is going to challenge them when the president if the US can't even bring himself to condemn then?