The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

We could avoid the problems of Islamic radicalism if we had a sensible immigration policy to prevent radical foreign ideologies from entering our countries. It's not a problem we have to deal with in our society unless we choose to import it. Nazis are a fact of life in the West. Both are terrible, but the solution to dealing with them are different. Immigration restriction is the best way of dealing with Islamic radicalism. Hard nosed law and order for when they step an inch out of line is the best way to deal with Nazis.

But the inherent problem with that is that it is next to impossible to properly identify who is a genuine migrant and who is a radical posing as one, the majority of migrants are unable to provide documentation confirming who they are so many places, UK included have to take it at face value. Plus that strategy assumes that 100% of radical's enter via that method, plus you aren't accounting for those radicalised online. The truth is that this is a problem we really cant avoid and ultimately a stronger stance on immigration only leads to causing divides and gives radicals more justification. 

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

How exactly do you propose to stop Islamists from getting into the country? It's a domestic problem as much as its a foreign one.

Stop immigration. When you are in a hole, stop digging. Assimilationist policies from the government such as jail time for arranged marriages, English immersion in schools, policies which seek to break up ethnic ghettos. Extreme sentences for crime influenced by radical Islamic ideology, the same way we have escalators for hate crimes.

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

But the inherent problem with that is that it is next to impossible to properly identify who is a genuine migrant and who is a radical posing as one, the majority of migrants are unable to provide documentation confirming who they are so many places, UK included have to take it at face value. Plus that strategy assumes that 100% of radical's enter via that method, plus you aren't accounting for those radicalised online. The truth is that this is a problem we really cant avoid and ultimately a stronger stance on immigration only leads to causing divides and gives radicals more justification. 

Japan doesn't have a problem with Islamic radicalism. Of course we are going to have to deal with the issue because of our past immigration history, but they way forward isn't the way we've been going. The US basically banned Catholic, Orthodox, and Jewish immigration for over 40 years because of the extreme social problems it was causing. Rather than making the problems worse it gave those groups time to assimilate into our society and become real "Americans." It was a great success. 

Stop immigration. When you are in a hole, stop digging. Assimilationist policies from the government such as jail time for arranged marriages, English immersion in schools, policies which seek to break up ethnic ghettos. Extreme sentences for crime influenced by radical Islamic ideology, the same way we have escalators for hate crimes.

Stop immigration? Laws specifically designed to target minorities? You can't possibly believe this shite.

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The US basically banned Catholic, Orthodox, and Jewish immigration for over 40 years because of the extreme social problems it was causing. Rather than making the problems worse it gave those groups time to assimilate into our society and become real "Americans."

Jesus fucking Christ man, just stop.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Jesus fucking Christ man, just stop.

I read a statistic awhile back regarding Pakistani marriage in Britain. I can't remember the exact number, but a huge amount of even 4th generation British Pakistanis take wives from Pakistan. Now, do you agree that your country has problems regarding the integration of this community into wider British society? Don't you think it would help if there was more intermarriage or at least British Pakistanis marrying British Pakistanis? I think that would be a major step forward and solve a lot of the problems in the long term.

4 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I read a statistic awhile back regarding Pakistani marriage in Britain. I can't remember the exact number, but a huge amount of even 4th generation British Pakistanis take wives from Pakistan. Now, do you agree that your country has problems regarding the integration of this community into wider British society? Don't you think it would help if there was more intermarriage or at least British Pakistanis marrying British Pakistanis? I think that would be a major step forward and solve a lot of the problems in the long term.

First step is to force people into the Right toilet, then the Right marriage. Always thought the Libertarian Right was about the Government staying out of peoples lives. Seems not.

Shame the Progressive Liberal has deleted this gem. He should own this stuff,

The difference is that one is a foreign ideology and one is a domestic ideology. We have to deal with the second. We only have to deal with the first if we import people who believe it.

They should ban Germans along with the Muslims imo.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

First step is to force people into the Right toilet, then the Right marriage. Always thought the Libertarian Right was about the Government staying out of peoples lives. Seems not.

Nobody's forcing anybody to use any toilet. It's not libertarian for the government to be regulating toilet use, which is what the left wants. 

Lots of people throughout history has commented that a free society sometimes requires people to be self regulating in some instances. Mores regarding family formation is a giant issue which affects what they of society we have. Arranged marriage to cousins that you've never met from halfway around the world is not the type of behavior that leads to a free and open society. 

I didn't mean to delete any post if I did. I will own that comment. It is correct. Nobody's saying Nazis are better than radical Islamists. However, one is at least partially a foreign problem that can be dealt with in a different manner.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Another thread ruined.

Maybe I am being tedious responding to everyone who comments towards me.

But I would check in on a couple pages of this thread once a week awhile back and it was nothing more than a circle jerk along with the occasional obvious misinformation that would never be challenged.