The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

43 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Ok, debunk this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/charlottesville-latest-donald-trump-father-fred-arrested-ku-klux-klan-kkk-rally-riot-queens-new-york-a7891701.html

Donald Trump's father was arrested at Ku Klux Klan riot in New York in 1927, records reveal

Dad's is a nazi and Maw's a Wee Free.

Says it all......

4 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Don't think people who admire Lenin and Mao are any better than people who admire Hitler. The commies get the edge in the bad guy race in our current environment because they are more likely to engage in political violence and there seem to be more of them about causing trouble.

I must've missed the bit where any of us have expressed admiration for Lenin or Mao. Or are you taking us down the tedious road of pretending that anyone who is anti-Nazi, or anti-Trump must by definition, be pro-Communist? Your constant use of "far-left" to describe anyone who doesn't subscribe to your vile ideology would seem to suggest so. Too bad for you; Communists had NOTHING to do with the events of this weekend, no matter how you try to spin it.

Do you have anything other than that straw-man, or is that it?

I feel I made a fair point, though. It's a bit ridiculous to use WWII soldiers in an argument for modern progressive politics.

Not at all. Millions of people around the world came together to fight Nazis then. The American "President" is cozying up to them today. Your defence that "Communism is bad too" isn't even vaguely relevant to the topic and therefore, not a "fair point."

Don't think people who admire Lenin and Mao are any better than people who admire Hitler. The commies get the edge in the bad guy race in our current environment because they are more likely to engage in political violence and there seem to be more of them about causing trouble.

Embarrassing stuff tbh. Are you seriously putting assault and damage to property above murder ?

I'd also like to see some evidence of all these Lenin and Mao admirers amongst anti Trump protesters. It's more than likely that the hardcore anti Trumpers engaging in violence are in fact anarchists, who incidentally, are closer to your own self proclaimed 'libertarian' views on the political spectrum than to anyone on the centre-left

I feel I made a fair point, though. It's a bit ridiculous to use WWII soldiers in an argument for modern progressive politics.

However using WWII ideology is fine amarite ?

I was referring more to a general culture of political violence, more than a body count which is just a handful on both sides. Certainly the commies have a mass lead in property damage and assaults over the past couple of years. 

Utter nonsense, the far right/Nazis/white supremacists have racked up quite then number of murders and terrorist attacks in the past 20 years, second only to Islamic terrorism. (and more than Islamic terror if we take away the 9/11 and Oaklahoma outliers)

I find alt-right to be quite a cuddly name. I thought it referred to people who put discs in their ear lobes, have emo haircuts, sleeve tattoos and wear dark eyeliner. I would've never guess it meant Neo-Nazi scumbags and internet trolls posing as Neo-Nazi scumbags. 

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/15/donald-trump-has-been-a-racist-all-his-life-and-he-isnt-going-to-change-after-charlottesville/

Someone has been nice enough to put all of Trump's racism in one place. Basically showing why Trump is slow to condemn nazis and racist. It's because he shares their ideology.

Not like any of you had to know that of course.

20 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/15/donald-trump-has-been-a-racist-all-his-life-and-he-isnt-going-to-change-after-charlottesville/

Someone has been nice enough to put all of Trump's racism in one place. Basically showing why Trump is slow to condemn nazis and racist. It's because he shares their ideology.

Not like any of you had to know that of course.

The Central Park Five is one of the worst.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html?_r=0

I think I remember that from the time actually.

It's not that his supporters are believing what they say when they defend him. I genuinely believe the supporters he has left are right there with him, with the exact same beliefs he has. How else can they continue to support his hate filled and idiotic presidency?

I don't buy into the rhetoric that everyone that voted for him was a bigot or anything, which was something that we seen too much of. There's been far too much since he became president to ignore, whether it be to his bigotry to his total incompetence. Which means if you still support Trump, there aren't many more conclusions to draw.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I must've missed the bit where any of us have expressed admiration for Lenin or Mao. Or are you taking us down the tedious road of pretending that anyone who is anti-Nazi, or anti-Trump must by definition, be pro-Communist? Your constant use of "far-left" to describe anyone who doesn't subscribe to your vile ideology would seem to suggest so. Too bad for you; Communists had NOTHING to do with the events of this weekend, no matter how you try to spin it.

Do you have anything other than that straw-man, or is that it?

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the Antifa people who shut down the Nazi rally. There were Soviet Union, Chinese, and other red flags all over the place. That's what those people were choosing to represent themselves as. Sorry, if they think that the Soviet Union and Communist China are countries worth emulating then they are just as bad as the Nazis.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't the evidence show that she was raped by multiple guys, but they managed to get one guy to take the fall years later? I can't remember exactly, but I did read somewhere once that plenty of people involved in the case think that they were guilty. That it wasn't an open and shut false conviction.

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

DHLB14aXYAEwPxv.jpg

The difference is that one is a foreign ideology and one is a domestic ideology. We have to deal with the second. We only have to deal with the first if we import people who believe it. The second difference is that percentages of white Americans or British who are hard right or support Nazi parties vs the percentages of Muslims who are Islamists or support Islamic law. 

5 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Didn't the evidence show that she was raped by multiple guys, but they managed to get one guy to take the fall years later? I can't remember exactly, but I did read somewhere once that plenty of people involved in the case think that they were guilty. That it wasn't an open and shut false conviction.

No.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Not at all. Millions of people around the world came together to fight Nazis then. The American "President" is cozying up to them today. Your defence that "Communism is bad too" isn't even vaguely relevant to the topic and therefore, not a "fair point."

Churchill wanted to fight an election on keeping all non-white immigrants out of Britain. Roosevelt presided over an immigration system that basically said only European Protestants could move here. The system was a decade old when he took office, but he did nothing to change it despite overwhelming majorities in Congress. Eisenhower launched Operation Wetback when he was President. Over 1 million Mexicans were captured and deported in a year. Over a million more fled back to Mexico. I'm just point out the positions of the people who actually fought fascists. So it seem a bit odd to use the men who fought against Germany as a proxy for modern progressive arguments.

4 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Embarrassing stuff tbh. Are you seriously putting assault and damage to property above murder ?

I'd also like to see some evidence of all these Lenin and Mao admirers amongst anti Trump protesters. It's more than likely that the hardcore anti Trumpers engaging in violence are in fact anarchists, who incidentally, are closer to your own self proclaimed 'libertarian' views on the political spectrum than to anyone on the centre-left

Just going by the flags they're constantly flying. At the Trump rally I attended, one of the disrupters thrown out was waving a Soviet Union flag. All the pictures I see where Antifa and BLM are attacking Trump rallies they are flying Communist flags.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No.

Did a quick Google search. A panel of attorneys commissioned by NYC in 2003 concluded that they were most likely involved in attacking the women, but were not involved in the rape. The boys had been attacking people in the park that night. 

The original prosecutor also still believes the boys were guilty.

It's not like Trump's alone.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

Just now, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Did a quick Google search. A panel of attorneys commissioned by NYC in 2003 concluded that they were most likely involved in attacking the women, but were not involved in the rape. The boys had been attacking people in the park that night. 

No previous convictions. Any evidence other than that they were black?

16 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The difference is that one is a foreign ideology and one is a domestic ideology. We have to deal with the second. We only have to deal with the first if we import people who believe it.

Whit? :lol:

The difference is that one is a foreign ideology and one is a domestic ideology. We have to deal with the second. We only have to deal with the first if we import people who believe it. The second difference is that percentages of white Americans or British who are hard right or support Nazi parties vs the percentages of Muslims who are Islamists or support Islamic law. 

How exactly do you propose to stop Islamists from getting into the country? It's a domestic problem as much as its a foreign one.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Whit? :lol:

We could avoid the problems of Islamic radicalism if we had a sensible immigration policy to prevent radical foreign ideologies from entering our countries. It's not a problem we have to deal with in our society unless we choose to import it. Nazis are a fact of life in the West. Both are terrible, but the solution to dealing with them are different. Immigration restriction is the best way of dealing with Islamic radicalism. Hard nosed law and order for when they step an inch out of line is the best way to deal with Nazis.