The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

The worst thing is the reason they supposedly rallied isn't a bad one.  The destruction of the statues of Robert E. Lee is a disgrace.  Yes he was a Confederate General, but he was that only because the Commonwealth of Virgina joined the Confederation of States.  He did not agree with the break up of the US.  He was also a US war hero before and after the Civil War.  

When the US Government was pushing to punish Confederate sympathisers his name was always on the exemption list.  West Point even has a barracks named after him.  

If were to destroy statues of anyone who did something bad or fought for something questionable then pretty sure almost all historic figures who have statues across the world will require to be removed.  

Personally think Lee and that other crackpot Jefferson Davies (who visited Glasgow in 1867) should have been handed over to ex slaves for a "gid hinging".

Is 4chan not a website that does memes and other young people stuff I don't really understand? What have they got to do with Trump?

Posted this before but have a read of this if unsure.

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb

10 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It's become a thing for regular Trump supporters to wear bike or baseball helmets at rallies in California. During the campaign dozens of Trump supporters were violently attacked and some were put in the hospital outside Trump rallies. Since his election Antifa has taken to attacking any pro-Trump gatherings organized in that state by regular conservative or patriot groups. This includes attacks with batons and bricks. Lots of people attending the rallies started wearing head gear. I'd assume that the Nazis in Virginia expected violence. I'm sure a good many were hoping for it. 

Almost all of them. Everyone I've ever met was ex-military. And you see the 3% sticker on trucks all over the place. It's almost always accompanied by some other sticker indicating military service.

Lying c**t.

Tuesday is the Republican primary for Jeff Sessions Senate seat. Shaping up to be an interesting race. There are three main candidates. Luther Strange was appointed to fill the seat until the election could be held. He entered the Senate in sketchy circumstances as the state Attorney General he was investigating the Governor who appointed him. The Governor was later forced to leave office. He's heavily backed by Mitch McConnell and the swamp DC / Wall Street Republicans. Trump offered a tweet in support. His opponents are Roy Moore and Mo Brooks. Roy Moore was twice the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, which is an elected position in Alabama. The first time he was removed from office for refusing an order from federal courts to remove a 10 Commandments statue from outside the State Courthouse. He ran a second time and was again elected to the office. This time he was forced from office for ordering all judges in Alabama to ignore the US Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. Mo Brooks is a congressman who's nickname from Democrats in DC is the Ayatollah of Alabama, which is certainly a great political nickname. Tombstone worthy I'd say. 

Most recent polling:

Roy Moore - 35%

Luther Strange - 23%

Mo Brooks - 20%

Top two will go to a runoff.

Let's hope it's Moore and Brooks so the swamp creature will be eliminated.

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Lying c**t.

What am I lying about? 

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

How'd you know him? What did he have to say for himself?

He was my Grandfather

He'd previously been a redshirt but switched when his big brother joined the blackshirt

As far as I can see the main attraction was the opportunity to have a scrap at the weekend (See also watching Hibs in the 1980s)

He didn't speak about it much and his big brother was killed by Nazis during the British Invasion of Sicily so by the time I met him that phase was very much behind him

He also used to follow Chelsea back in the day but my father and I usually don't like to acknowledge that

On 13 August 2017 at 10:36, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Not if the government is doing their job. Again, there are KKK and Nazi rallies all the time. This situation occurred in a specific context. Far left governments across the country have been encouraging violent street protests by leftists and refusing to allow police to stop the violence. This is what the Charlottesville government did here. They got someone killed rather than properly police a Constitutionally protected gathering. I wonder why they declined to police the situation.

Far Left???

hee hee

15 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

He was a university president after the Civil War. His military career was done, but several other prominent Confederate officers did go on to future service in the US military.

It's really amazing how radical the left has become on this issue. In the 1970s Congress voted to reinstate Lee's citizenship. Only 10 voted against, and they did so to highlight the situation of Vietnam draft dodgers. President Ford signed the bill and gave a speech in honor of Lee. Just a few decades later we are supposed to erase him from history. It's weird how this confederate issue has gotten pushed so far when a pretty low % of the population associates Confederate imagery with racism according to polls. The last two polls done on the Confederate flag resulted in 28% saying it was a symbol of racism in 2000 and 33% in 2015 after the Dylan Roof shootings. 26% supported removing Confederate statues. 29% supported renaming streets / places / schools.

"He was a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward."

If I recall correctly, Lincoln asked him to take command of Northern forces before he decided to join the Southern cause.
Once he had gone to the south, they confiscated his house and turned his garden into Arlington cemetery.

Some of the state flags in the South are still modeled on the confederacy and the people see the Civil War as more than a fight about slavery.
They would also point out that several famous Americans from an early time - such as Thomas Jefferson - were slave owners but don't seem to get criticized for it.
I am not saying I agree with them - just pointing out where they are coming from.

I went to South Carolina a few years back.
At the time of the civil war, the slave population in the state was 400,000 and the non-slave population was only 300,000.
I can see how freeing all the slaves might have changed things a bit.

15 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Bannan isn't a fascist. By all accounts he was a normal conservative who started to rethink a few things when an ordinary working class man like his dad was ruined in the financial crisis and nobody was punished / nothing changed. That pushed him towards a more nationalist position from mainstream conservativism. Miller is a Jew. Don't know about Gorka.

Trump has condemned Nazis on numerous occasions. The left likes to play that game where you have to "punch right" in every interview at every opportunity. If you do it with less enthusiasm than is required once or twice then you must be a Nazi. 

The alt right wasn't Nazis. I suppose the combination of the media saying it equaled Nazis with actual Nazis trying to capitalize on the brand has made it synonymous with Nazis now. That's why it's always dangerous to buy into a new political brand name. I stick with conservative, libertarian, and nationalist. They suit me fine.

I guess we will see about your predictions.

They throw Nazi salutes, wave Nazi flags and kill political opponents. But aye, they're just a bit conservative.

9 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Personally think Lee and that other crackpot Jefferson Davies (who visited Glasgow in 1867) should have been handed over to ex slaves for a "gid hinging".

In 1867, did you say?  The same year that Queen's Park became the first professional football team in Scotland.  Maybe just a coincidence but maybe awkward if it is not.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

In 1867, did you say?  The same year that Queen's Park became the first professional football team in Scotland.  Maybe just a coincidence but maybe awkward if it is not.

"professional"?

The absolute garbage white supremacist website the daily stormer are getting pelters for labeling the victim of the Charlottesville attack a "Slut" Thier site is being binned from its hosting company go daddy and Anonymous have apparently hacked and taken control over the site from them. 

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"professional"?

Okay.  I stand corrected.
Queen's Park was established in 1867 as the oldest association football team in Scotland - and probably not by Jefferson Davis but I can't be sure. 

Oh, and Alan Pinkerton of ("Pinkerton Detective Agency" fame) who was very helpful to Lincoln (as opposed to Lee) in the Civil War was originally from the Gorbals (which is not a million miles from Queen's Park by the way) - just so nobody accuses me of going off-thread.