The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Not if the government is doing their job. Again, there are KKK and Nazi rallies all the time. This situation occurred in a specific context. Far left governments across the country have been encouraging violent street protests by leftists and refusing to allow police to stop the violence. This is what the Charlottesville government did here. They got someone killed rather than properly police a Constitutionally protected gathering. I wonder why they declined to police the situation.

Been waiting for this to come. It was a liberal Democrat conspiracy to give the alt right Nationalists a bad name. Standing back and watching them being teased and goaded into murder.

In the context of identity politics, which is about the redistribution of wealth between identity groups, there are far left local governments in the US.

They are nothing of the sort. Centre left at best.

The fact that you live in a cretinous nation of right-wingery does not change the definition of far left.

Get a grip.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Been waiting for this to come. It was a liberal Democrat conspiracy to give the alt right Nationalists a bad name. Standing back and watching them being teased and goaded into murder.

No. It's not a conspiracy. It's just that the left wing of the Democrat Party has come unmoored from supporting basic concepts like law and order or constitutional rights. They are on the side of the left wing street thugs. They want them to shut down conservatives (not just fascists) violently. There's literally no comp on the right. Have you ever heard of a right wing group shutting down a left wing political gathering in a conservative area of the country. It's laughable to even consider. But the opposite has been happening all across the country for the last year.

10 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I see the left has gotten their semantic ducks in a row by attempting to define this as "terrorism." Got a couple texts from Democrat friends using that exact word. It's worth a try I suppose, but I don't think people are going to buy in that Nazis fighting commies in the street is the same as random Islamic terrorism.

Except this was terrorism.

2 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Ok, but the other side of this equation is the same, minus the racism. Antifa and BLM have used force across the country to shut down political gatherings from non-fascist groups. It's insane. Portland, OR had to cancel their town parade because Antifa threatened violence if the Oregon Republican Party was allowed to participate. So, is it just the racist part, and not the use of force part that's your main problem?

While it is totally true that these 2 groups will try to de-platform anyone who disagree's with their views or in some cases offer a different point of view, we are talking about people running around with actual Nazi flags..
DHCaO6rVoAAzCGc.jpg

Spouting actual Nazi Ideology and hate..

6.0.jpg

I have no problem with Antifa trying to de-platform these muppets as its an ideology the world is better without

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

30 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

While it is totally true that these 2 groups will try to de-platform anyone who disagree's with their views or in some cases offer a different point of view, we are talking about people running around with actual Nazi flags..
DHCaO6rVoAAzCGc.jpg

I enjoyed a comment I saw on twitter last night accompanying this picture, suggesting people demonstrating in support of white supremacy were somewhat misguided in doing so while displaying flags of organisations that both comprehensively lost the one war they were involved in.

50 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

DHCaO6rVoAAzCGc.jpg

6.0.jpg

I have no problem with Antifa trying to de-platform these muppets as its an ideology the world is better without

Except a lot of the time you, and many others, were repeatedly condemning antifa's and BLM for standing up to these people when they were cloaking their genocidal beliefs a bit more effectively. Look at the level of abuse antifa's got for hooking Richard Spencer back in January before, yet again, it turned out the 'patriotic white nationalist' had been quoted advocating the genocide of black people. It leaves me thinking about every liberal's favourite civil rights leader Martin Luther King and his opinion on white liberals: "First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/060.html

The night before the rally, multiple white nationalist groups march with torches through the University of Virginia campus.

ap-17224150266596.jpg

Didn't mean anything by it, just for lolz likes.

Edited by welshbairn

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Except a lot of the time you, and many others, were repeatedly condemning antifa's and BLM for standing up to these people when they were cloaking their genocidal beliefs a bit more effectively. Look at the level of abuse antifa's got for hooking Richard Spencer back in January before, yet again, it turned out the 'patriotic white nationalist' had been quoted advocating the genocide of black people. It leaves me thinking about every liberal's favourite civil rights leader Martin Luther King and his opinion on white liberals: "First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/060.html

Pretty sure when the Richard Spencer was punched i condemned there being any violence at all, not just violence against or by select groups. I have condemned Antifa, BLM and the Nazi's on many occasions because they have all been shown to resort to violence during their protests or opposition to protests. Regardless of whoever is protesting and what they protest or who they oppose, you will notice a repeating theme, i condemn hate and violence. 

What i said at the time:

"Regarding that neo nazi twat that was punched, i totally see both sides of it, hes totally the kinda guy who would deserve a punch, but its pathetic to resort to violence."

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Martin Luther King was a pretty radical left winger - not that you'd know it from the media narrative over the last 40 years.

Same with Mandela.

Martin Luther King was a pretty radical left winger - not that you'd know it from the media narrative over the last 40 years.

Same with Mandela.

Of course he was and there's a reason why the radical elements of their ideology are purged when they're deified posthumously by the states they fought against. People want to condemn BLM etc as hate groups that are letting down the supposedly peaceful protestors of the past when it's nothing of the sort that they're doing.