The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

49 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Could be that Sleepy Joe's woken up. Very good performance on BBC News right now and having a right go at Trump.

It’s also likely that the “sleepy” element is a Trump creation.  He’s nowhere nearly as far gone in the head as some folk would like to have us believe.  

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s also likely that the “sleepy” element is a Trump creation.  He’s nowhere nearly as far gone in the head as some folk would like to have us believe.  

Oh yeah. There's no doubt that's a big part of it. Whether it's just been an issue of cut through, there's no doubt he's appeared a little bit underwhelming to the casual observer though. Although, as usual, what's happened up until now will be fairly meaningless when the real campaign starts.

A new favourite of mine during lockdown is to read transcripts of Trumps speeches.  Always has a few cracking lines. 
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/wh-governors-call-protests/index.html
Lots of gold in here. He genuinely seems deranged.

His 2019 CPAC speech is an all timer, genuinely unhinged genius from start to finish. 2 and a half hours as well!

I mean it clearly isn’t and a couple of non-disastrous public appearances don’t change that he’s clearly a liability.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

His 2019 CPAC speech is an all timer, genuinely unhinged genius from start to finish. 2 and a half hours as well!

They tell me he's the new Ken Dodd. People bring packed lunches to watch the man in action.

He stops when you stop.

Would this be a good year for some well-known, small 'c' conservative billionaire to stand as an independent? It's virtually impossible for any third-party to win over there...not that it's much better at Westminster...but it's hard to picture easier candidates to go up against, short of Trump wearing a swastika during debates, and Biden needing his nappy changed live on air.

Edit: I just realised he'd get away with the swastika. He'd refuse to comment on it, other than saying 'fake news', and his fans would say he was taking the symbol back for the peace-loving people of the United States of America.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed and given that Trump himself regularly short circuits when trying to say simple words it's hardly a big stick to beat Biden with.

44 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Would this be a good year for some well-known, small 'c' conservative billionaire to stand as an independent? It's virtually impossible for any third-party to win over there...not that it's much better at Westminster...but it's hard to picture easier candidates to go up against, short of Trump wearing a swastika during debates, and Biden needing his nappy changed live on air.

Edit: I just realised he'd get away with the swastika. He'd refuse to comment on it, other than saying 'fake news', and his fans would say he was taking the symbol back for the peace-loving people of the United States of America.

There's no point. Neither candidate is a threat to their bottom line.

53 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Would this be a good year for some well-known, small 'c' conservative billionaire to stand as an independent?

Wee Mike Bloomberg had a go, turned out he's nearly as creepy as Trump.

EJ3uQzwX0AAft3P.png

Just now, NotThePars said:

There's no point. Neither candidate is a threat to their bottom line.

I'd imagine most of the candidates stand purely out of ego anyway. Trump certainly did. He's made a nice wee earner off of it, as they all do, but at this stage I doubt he gives a f**k about anything other than running his mouth and having an entire nation be forced to listen. There are bound to be some other wealthy p***ks out there with similar desires who can pretend to be coherent and reasonable.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wee Mike Bloomberg had a go, turned out he's nearly as creepy as Trump.

Is he thinking about having a go an an independent?

Wouldn't fancy his chances anyway, considering his performance in the Democratic primaries. Double minter.

Is he thinking about having a go an an independent?
Wouldn't fancy his chances anyway, considering his performance in the Democratic primaries. Double minter.

He only ran as a spoiler for Bernie so I’d imagine Biden winning the nomination and his complete obliteration from Trump was probably enough.

20 hours ago, RiG said:

Indeed and given that Trump himself regularly short circuits when trying to say simple words it's hardly a big stick to beat Biden with.

The criticisms of Biden are absolutely blatant cases of projection from Trump.  Everything he accuses Biden of, he’s even more guilty of.   It’s basically the political equivalent of saying, “I know you are but what am I?” - but it’s powerful, and it sticks.  People are replicating the Trump line here.

Trump going full, er, Trump by claiming he's done more for black people than any other president in history, with only Lincoln as a 'possible' exception :lol:

But Bubba and his kinfolks are sitting in their trailer (which may be repossessed before November) saying, "Our Godly president has done more for black folks than any other president, that fake news just hates him". And they will vote for him. Its actually an effective strategy.

2 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

But Bubba and his kinfolks are sitting in their trailer (which may be repossessed before November) saying, "Our Godly president has done more for black folks than any other president, that fake news just hates him". And they will vote for him. Its actually an effective strategy.

I ain't votin fir no n****rluvin son'bitch President. Joe Biden, he jails the mutherfukkers.