Historic child abuse in football

Miguel Sanchez

On 27/11/2016 at 11:50, ICTChris said:

This Bennell guy sounds an absolute nightmare. It also sounds like there were concerns raised about his behaviour on several occasions before he was convicted. These things were dealt with very differently in the past and you'd hope that a coach who behaves in the way Bennell did wouldn't be able to get access to children today.

Guardian article on the case - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/26/barry-bennell-victims-football-paedophile-interviews?CMP=share_btn_tw

As sure as night follows day, there will be coaches like Bennel in all sports that have access to children, master manipulators ain't thick.

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell"  :shutup

Is Bristow a notorious shitehawk, or is this outburst something of a surprise?

Notorious shitehawk. Racist, misogynist w****r. As Chappers said, hopefully this is the end of his appearances on Sky and his marking for the PDC.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Notorious shitehawk. Racist, misogynist w****r. As Chappers said, hopefully this is the end of his appearances on Sky and his marking for the PDC.

Not that it matters, even if it was coming from an all time great on the mic, it'd still be untenable in my eyes but he's a shite broadcaster anyway and only good for annoying Phil Taylor.

As I've said  I'm no Social Justice Warrior but to label someone soft because they were preyed on by a paedophile and have lifelong mental scarring as a result is fucking horrendous.

Edit: Sky have binned him from darts coverage in last 15 minutes. It's really amazing how quickly stupid people can sabotage their own cushy careers.

Edited by djchapsticks

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think he gave his wife a quite public smack about a few years ago as well.

Proper tough guy and man's man, is Eric.

I guess we're left to assume that his wife abused him as a child?

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thing is a lot of them will genuinely believe it, being fat, eating shite, smoking and drinking pints makes you a real manly mans man.

Your stereotypical darts player is a w****r.

Slightly off topic but I spoke to a keen darts player a while ago (he was a great guy himself) and he went through all the darts players he'd met over the years. Must have mentioned 10-15 big darts names and Gary Anderson was the only one he could say anything good about. Apparently, the rest of them are absolute wanks. Can't remember if he mentioned Eric Bristow or not but I can't imagine many normal people would meet him and say "what a decent bloke, I'd like to hang around him more often."

20 minutes ago, smpar said:

Slightly off topic but I spoke to a keen darts player a while ago (he was a great guy himself) and he went through all the darts players he'd met over the years. Must have mentioned 10-15 big darts names and Gary Anderson was the only one he could say anything good about. Apparently, the rest of them are absolute wanks. Can't remember if he mentioned Eric Bristow or not but I can't imagine many normal people would meet him and say "what a decent bloke, I'd like to hang around him more often."

My missus regularly slates the darts players on TV when I am watching it. The vast majority do look like they will be outed on Crimewatch as sex offenders.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Nigel Farage, maybe.

Oh, you said 'normal'. As you were.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I seem to recall he was on very friendly terms with the notorious Robert Black - an utter scumbag who sexually abused several young girls before murdering them.

Eh, what?  Fucking hell.