Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

Sounds like Craigan is making a totally different point than Boyd et al tbf. There's been a lot of pretty unfounded fawning over Cathro for years now, well before the weird MSM backlash against him recently. Craigan was just complaining about that in his absolutely raging manner cause he's Stephen Craigan and he's always absolutely raging about everything.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was clearly staged between the pair of them, bt sports is a complete joke.

Yes, Craigan agreed to stage a spat, in which he would come across as a monumental fanny. For no benefit whatsoever. Seems legit.

What an absolutely gormless cretin you are. :lol:

I hope Craigan has kids old enough to be in school, so they can shuffle in on Monday fully expecting the absolute ribbing they're going to take for their father being a complete embarrassment to the family name.

It is an interesting question, why are these guys so enraged by this? I think there's maybe a sense that people are using the rise of Cathro to put down current coaches in Scotland, people contrasting this new young kid with guys already in working here. If that's what people were doing nothing then I think it'd be unfair - apparently Craigan is a good coach and there are obviously good coaches working in Scotland. But that's not what people are doing when discussing Cathro and it's not a zero sum game - praising Cathro isn't saying other coaches are shit.

Fundamentally I think that a lot of people in Scottish football, in the media, in the game, even some fans, are very conservative. There's a resistance to change in so many ways and a veneration of the past that feeds into that. The reluctance and carping you see around the success of clubs like Caley, Ross County and St Johnstone is one indication of this and it feeds into the Cathro reaction as well.

I love the idea of BT Sport getting Craigan and Sutton to do 'works' live On air. :lol:

Its a shame folk are still fawning over Sutton, tbh. He holds no interest in Scottish football at all and is turning the BT games into a complete one man show. If anything its turning us into more of a joke to those who watch it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a shame folk are still fawning over Sutton, tbh. He holds no interest in Scottish football at all and is turning the BT games into a complete one man show. If anything its turning us into more of a joke to those who watch it.

There is a bit of that, but that clip is now being shared nationwide. 

At the very least he gets people talking about the Scottish game which isn't a bad thing.

Just now, Mr Romanov said:

There is a bit of that, but that clip is now being shared nationwide. 

At the very least he gets people talking about the Scottish game which isn't a bad thing.

They aren't talking about the Scottish game, theyre talking about Chris Sutton, a man whose interest in actually watching Scottish football seen him put Kris Boyd in his "Team of the Week", despite him not playing and it being Scott Boyd who scored a winning goal.

Is there anything you don't moan about?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a shame folk are still fawning over Sutton, tbh. He holds no interest in Scottish football 

Absolute b*ll*cks as per, he's one of few from down south that actually sticks up for Scottish football. He had a go at the others in the studio when we first drew with Man City as they couldn't fathom how Celtic could go toe to toe with City. He didnt just stick up for Celtic but Scottish football in general which caused the rest to back track.

PS I always found him to be a bit of a w*nk, and an attention seeker, but to say he has no interest n our game is rubbish.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They aren't talking about the Scottish game, theyre talking about Chris Sutton, a man whose interest in actually watching Scottish football seen him put Kris Boyd in his "Team of the Week", despite him not playing and it being Scott Boyd who scored a winning goal.

There was a 20 minutes discussion on 5 live where Boyd was brought on. Probably the first time ever that sort of attention has been given to the appointment of a non old firm manager in Scotland. I know you're talking about Sutton specifically, but he's added to the debate whether he meant to or not.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's up to BT Sport to employ pundits who are capable of an honest opinion and who are capable of standing up to Sutton and calling him out when he talks shite. A one man show is better than a no man show which, from the punditry side of things, it would be without Sutton.

Before Sutton arrived Craigan was the typical beige pundit who said nothing but said it in a serious voice thinking it made him sound knowledgeable. Since Sutton has arrived Craigan has realised he needs to up his game a bit, but is just too stupid and ends up getting in a seething mess like last night.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolute b*ll*cks as per, he's one of few from down south that actually sticks up for Scottish football. He had a go at the others in the studio when we first drew with Man City as they couldn't fathom how Celtic could go toe to toe with City. He didnt just stick up for Celtic but Scottish football in general which caused the rest to back track.

PS I always found him to be a bit of a w*nk, and an attention seeker, but to say he has no interest n our game is rubbish.

I'd rather have nobody stick up for Scottish football, than an ill informed person sticking up for us purely for attention.

He has zero interest in the games happening outwith the one hes covering, and he generally just says the exact opposite as what everyone else is saying until they get annoyed.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The feeling I get on here since last night is that all the talk is about Craigan being a fanny !  

You appear to have the wrong end of the stick.  Either that or you just detest Sutton ! 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has zero interest in the games happening outwith the one hes covering, and he generally just says the exact opposite as what everyone else is saying until they get annoyed.

Have you mixed up Sutton's punditry with your own posting style?

Archived