St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

He inherited most of a team with some passing and scoring ability. Thats all gone now, he's completely changed the character of the team and we're now in free fall, if you havent noticed.

Hardly inherited a team with scoring ability considering most of the team who played second half of last season are no longer here, wouldn't be losing sleep yet. we'll finish in the play offs come end of the season.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much quality on show today but morgans finish was excellent. Think we just about deserved the win based on 2nd half performance.

Magennis was quiet but for someone so young he is so composed on the ball. Really difficult not to get excited about potential of Morgan McAllister and Magennis!

Quinn in there makes such a difference!

Gary Irvine is a bombscare!

17 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

I can't believe we got beat off that shite.

4 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

Hardly inherited a team with scoring ability considering most of the team who played second half of last season are no longer here, wouldn't be losing sleep yet. we'll finish in the play offs come end of the season.

St Mirren are shite and we're play-off material?

Stroll  on....

Relief at the end. We must have had close to 6 minutes stoppage time, which was torture.

Thought we deserved it. Raith had a wee spell about 70mins where they had some pressure, but their only real chance was Stewart's one on one, up to then we were comfortable.

Morgan and Shankland holding the ball in the corner for about 5mins was good.

*insert amusing wins being like busses analogy here*

And a clean sheet too, my my. It's almost like we are a real team now. Can we beat Ayr at home next week?

If we do we could be off the bottom by Christmas!

Words can't describe how much love I have for Rocco Quinn, the midfield actually looks relatively balanced now.

Anyway, still in a fairly perilous position. But if we can beat Ayr, and that's a big if, then we've more than trebled our point tally in the space of 10 days, which is quite something.

Still some way to go but what a difference in feeling from the end of the Dunfermline game.

Just home from the game.... great performance all round. I thought Shankland & McAllister were brilliant today & Lewis Morgan was running a mock down the left hand side. Great fight from the players, showed a lot of determination to get all 3 points, brilliant!

Looking forward to next weekend already... COYS

Result today has been coming. Don't understand Coustrain being dropped when there are far more deserving players. McManus hasn't kicked a ball for months, Callachan needs taken down a peg or 2 and Roberts.... seriously what does he actually do in a game?

No surprise that when Barr came on we looked far more dangerous and he was the only one who was going to create anything.

We now go into 4 very tough matches in which if we came out with only 1 point it wouldn't be any big surprise.

When do the clocks go forward again???

Tremendous seethe from the Raith players and management after the game about being denied a stoppage time penalty. All I could see was McManus going to ground, no idea if it was a foul but I'd probably have been screaming for it. I've seen that ref a few times and he's been hopeless in all of them so it wouldn't surprise me if he missed it. Which is nice.

Thought we were the better side for the first hour or so and then Raith really went at us. Gallacher was superb, although Stewart should have scored when through and McManus missed a sitter. Shankland was terrific for us, as was the defence. Showed some dig, steel and resilience that has been sadly lacking for most of the season.

Two wins and a clean sheet in the space of five days. Pleasing.

When is a ball boy not a ball boy?

When St Mirren have a one goal lead.

Been wanting our ball boys to do that for season. Seems like Jack Ross is pretty dam ruthless in trying to get us to win games. Narrowing the pitch at Alloa was crazy but it had an effect.

They used to throw the ball back to opposition players really quick at throw ins etc. Hamilton Accies were the worst for it under Billy Reid, especially when the ball went miles behind the goal at the supermarket end.

To be fair we did exactly the same against Ayr Utd at Starks.

Most home teams do it when they're winning (not something we've had much cause to practice of late). Similarly most goalies will take ages over everything if they are winning. And most opposition fans will moan about it (something we've had plenty of practice if this season).

Them's the breaks.

Archived