Old Firm Colts in L2

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

More shame on them if it came about, it does not change the fact that its fundamentally wrong. Personally would like to see the colts left out or boycotted from the Challenge Cup asap if it needed more teams included then it should have been sides from the LL/HFL that were given the opportunity 

I wasn't saying it as a dig at the LL sides but £15k would really be a lot of dosh for some clubs in that league feel they would be tempted.

That article suggests the lowland league will be the next target completely ignoring eofs and sofs. If it happens then it really needs to be a new west of Scotland league at tier 6

I think ideally we need to go for two leagues of 18 and then regionalise but there are a lot of obstacles to overcome for that model to become reality.

As a compromise/transition model 12-12-18 would work.

Below that have highland, lowland east, lowland west all at the same tier and with 16 teams each.

There could then be a further division below each of these or perhaps further regionalisation.

If (and it’s a big if) colts were to be part of that structure they should start at the tier below highland/lowland east/west level. They could then potentially be promoted one level on merit but not allowed into the 18 team merger of current leagues 1 and 2.

Merging with the juniors and getting a single pyramid should be the priority over shoehorning in colt teams though imo.

Chris McCart is an absolute fucking nobody who seems to believe the Celtic badge on his top makes him relevant. 

If the authorities had a single bollock between them they'd distance themselves from the entire thing after that mind numbing interview. 

In today's Sunday Mail, McCart seems to be suggesting that year 3 of the plan would be a 18 team league with even more Colt teams than just the old firm.
This along with additional Lowland and Highland league teams moving up.

Who wants to pay to watch that shit league? Not me!

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

In today's Sunday Mail, McCart seems to be suggesting that year 3 of the plan would be a 18 team league with even more Colt teams than just the old firm.
This along with additional Lowland and Highland league teams moving up.

Who wants to pay to watch that shit league? Not me!

Surely in 3 years Clyde won't be in that shit league?

On 25/01/2018 at 22:26, Hammyton said:

You minnows will find out its accept this or reconstruction.

However after meetings with all the League Two clubs, he remains convinced that change will come eventually as part of a wider reconstruction at the bottom end of the senior leagues.

"Obviously we’re disappointed with the fans’ reaction but this is going to happen at some stage..."

He's been among us all along!!!  :o

It'll be interesting to see what the steel glove will consist of, now that the (shrivelled and rotten) carrot hasn't worked. McCart seems to think his club will be able to push this through regardless at some point, so...

• More threats of running away to another league? We get them annually anyway, and no other league wants them. So sad, considering most of us would love to be rid.
  • Withdrawal from the cups to try and damage a few diddies' finances? Let's be honest, the SFA and SPFL will let them get away with it if they can. Sounds cracking to me, though, considering how the trophies have been shared around in the past few years.
  • Blackmail of club directors & chairmen? WMDs aimed at Borough Briggs, etc?

Seriously struggling to think of what the next move is going to be here; they're a bit hamstrung by this annoying voting thing we have. Anyone have any ideas?

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Regionalisation of tier 4 isn't a terrible idea.

It's crazy that the biggest journey in Scottish league football is in League 2

Just the luck of the draw with where the teams find themselves I suppose, if Peterhead go up the have the chance of playing Stranraer next season which I would say would be a worse journey.

The way Scotland is and with most teams in the Central belt your always going to have teams outwith that having long journeys to play each other. Its still nothing compared to some of the trips in England.

Berwick or Annan is probably a closer journey than a home game for most Peterhead players. A lot of people really do not have a clue how the lower leagues work do they? It’s not like the Arbroath football team are from Arbroath ffs, only Swankie is, other than that we’ve got players from Saltcoats to Aberdeen. Regionalisation can gtf too.

Wastecoatwilly please bore off.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Regionalisation of tier 4 isn't a terrible idea.

It's crazy that the biggest journey in Scottish league football is in League 2

Yet the most noise about regionalisation comes from the top end of the game. If it was something the wee clubs wanted, it would happen.

Dumbarton obviously have some kind of interest in the issue, but I don't know why anyone involved in the full-time sides would give a toss. Some seem to find it important for some reason, as though the diddies panhandle around them for cash to meet the travel arrangements.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Berwick or Annan is probably a closer journey than a home game for most Peterhead players. A lot of people really do not have a clue how the lower leagues work do they? It’s not like the Arbroath football team are from Arbroath ffs, only Swankie is, other than that we’ve got players from Saltcoats to Aberdeen. Regionalisation can gtf too.

As you say  the only time most of the Peterhead squad will be near the toon will be every second Saturday. I'm sure their keeper Greg Fleming lives in Annan, he used to at one time anyway.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He mite not...

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yet the most noise about regionalisation comes from the top end of the game. If it was something the wee clubs wanted, it would happen.

Dumbarton obviously have some kind of interest in the issue, but I don't know why anyone involved in the full-time sides would give a toss. Some seem to find it important for some reason, as though the diddies panhandle around them for cash to meet the travel arrangements.

I couldn't ever see the "wee" teams going for region leagues you could end up with the likes of the Angus sides punted into some north league when they recruit about 90% of their players from Fife and the Central belt.

As you say its always the big clubs who try to punt this as a good idea.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I couldn't ever see the "wee" teams going for region leagues you could end up with the likes of the Angus sides punted into some north league when they recruit about 90% of their players from Fife and the Central belt.

As you say its always the big clubs who try to punt this as a good idea.

The development leagues has a east and a west,the players may live all over the country but the clubs would save some dosh?

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hilarious.

You and Cowden Cowboy haven’t had the best of times on this thread.

Speak for yourself - I do recall flagging a long time back when this was first mooted that a monetary incentive would likely be used to try and persuade to general ridicule - it then came to pass.  I inferred that maybe need to consider that it might be wise to look ahead and not just at the present initial proposal as it would likely be reshaped and repackaged to try and make it more desirable and acceptable to clubs (be they SPFL or LL) and no surprise it isn't just vote no and end of.  Debate not diatribe on here was what I was implying, less Trump more thought.