Next Rangers Manager

In all seriousness, looking up at these events from my armchair down South, why the hell have Rangers got rid of a perfectly good manager?

Where did they expect to be this season exactly?

They are miles behind Celtic both in terms of playing quality and budget and they surely didn't think they could actually compete? I understand how deep the rivallry is but surely there are some level headed people in charge who see the bigger picture?

Mad decision from where I am.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McInnes and Wright should seek psychiatric help if they even consider joining that utter shambles of a football club.

They would both take it if offered, McInnes will get it and Wright could end up with the Dons

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There's a lot of King's statement seems dog whistle stuff but one thing that stood out for me was what seems a quite clumsy attempt to rewrite on his part;

"We hired, at short notice, a relatively untested management team that recruited a number of players and introduced a style of play that was pleasing to our supporters."

I realise that thanks to Motherwell and the bold Ian Baraclough "The Journey" was sent on a slight detour which may have put a spanner in the works but I don't recall Warburton as seeming like a particularly rushed appointment. He also seemed like a first choice and was welcomed as being a surprisingly progressive appointment.

The idea that King is now attempting a quick revision of Warburton as being someone who was an inexperienced gamble thrown in at short notice sounds like he's trying to deflect away from the fact that it was him that appointed him.

With that in mind it sounds like he's laying some sort of groundwork for a proper throwback appointment. A proper Ranjurz man who knows their traditions and the expectations of the club/company.

Reading between the lines there, are you saying Warbuton and his team were just not quite sectarian enough for the powers that be?

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm quite proficient in image posting, heid or otherwise. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Apparently so.

Someone was asking on GN recently how one goes about posting a head as they found them amusing. I thought it was you. Obviously not.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There's a lot of King's statement seems dog whistle stuff but one thing that stood out for me was what seems a quite clumsy attempt to rewrite on his part;

"We hired, at short notice, a relatively untested management team that recruited a number of players and introduced a style of play that was pleasing to our supporters."

I realise that thanks to Motherwell and the bold Ian Baraclough "The Journey" was sent on a slight detour which may have put a spanner in the works but I don't recall Warburton as seeming like a particularly rushed appointment. He also seemed like a first choice and was welcomed as being a surprisingly progressive appointment.

The idea that King is now attempting a quick revision of Warburton as being someone who was an inexperienced gamble thrown in at short notice sounds like he's trying to deflect away from the fact that it was him that appointed him.

With that in mind it sounds like he's laying some sort of groundwork for a proper throwback appointment. A proper Ranjurz man who knows their traditions and the expectations of the club/company.

Yes, that's all true.

Warburton was their first choice as I recall.  The idea of "inexperience", "short notice" etc is indeed a total re-write.

'Glib and shameless' really was the perfect description.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Apparently so.

Someone was asking on GN recently how one goes about posting a head as they found them amusing. I thought it was you. Obviously not.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

That was @Honest_Man#1

Bit put out you've mixed us up tbh

Have another suggestion for the thread by way of a response

WCWtowV.gif

Reading between the lines there, are you saying Warbuton and his team were just not quite sectarian enough for the powers that be?

I enjoy a dig at Rangers but in this case, no that wasn't what I was getting at.

I just found it notable that, because it's helpful to his narrative King's now depicting Warburton as this inexperienced manager who was thrown into the job at short notice. Warburton was being hailed as some sort of visionary this time last year, in fact IIRC he actually won manager of the year (for winning the Championship with the 2nd highest budget in Scotland).

The thing that King presumably needs to think about now is how he can sell season tickets for next year and if he can't afford a new manager on a par with Rodgers in terms of profile or a budget to legitimately compete with Celtic then he needs to find a way to keep the glory hunting bigot elements of the support on board. For me the cheapest, most obvious way to do that is to go down the staunch route.

There's only one man that is the perfect candidate to be the next manager of Rangers. He fits all the characteristics perfectly

• A football club willing to spend outwith their means 
  • Track record of signing journeymen on inflated salaries 
  • Liked by idiot football fans 
  • Short term planner
  • Plays little interest in youth development
  • Media friendly
  • Dodgy tax records
  • Slim chance of getting a Premier League job 
  • Has extensive experience of managing Niko Krancjar 

arry.png arry.pngarry.png

10 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

McInnes and Wright should seek psychiatric help if they even consider joining that utter shambles of a football club.

Agree with this,unless there is serious investment it wouldn't matter who got the job they would still be miles behind Celtic and under pressure as this is all that matters to sevconians

if King surprised us all and the next manager did have the resources to challenge neither mcinnes or Wright would be considered a big enough name by the deluded Orc support putting both men in a lose lose situation.

Personally I hope McLeish's family stages some sort of intervention, and persuades him to stay away. For all that he's a useless manager, he's always seemed a pretty nice guy, and I don't really want to watch the inevitable breakdown and destruction of his soul that would follow his appointment.

They should appoint a fans' representative as "Manager" snd keep Murty as 1st team coach.
The manager's job would in effect be to instill the values and history of the club into the players, and give the fans a connection to the board.

b61a5513e52b280f64dd5a7838e79cc4.jpg

3 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Personally I hope McLeish's family stages some sort of intervention, and persuades him to stay away. For all that he's a useless manager, he's always seemed a pretty nice guy, and I don't really want to watch the inevitable breakdown and destruction of his soul that would follow his appointment.

He does appear a bit fragile these days.  Being appointed The Rangers manager should involve some kind of negative karma and I think Not So Big Eck is still in credit.

Archived