Motherwell v Dundee 25th of Feb

52 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Think I managed to make it through the first 30 seconds of McGhee's post match interview where he rather predictably shifted the blame for our shambolic defensive display on the fact we had 3 of our regular back 4 out. Which may have been be a valid point if said back 4 hadn't shipped 7 goals just 10 days previously at Pittodrie which meant we already had the worst goals against record in the division going into yesterday's game. 

Whilst yesterday was certainly a new low, it was the 6th time in just 13 home league games this season where we've conceded 3+ goals, so I think that excuse can quite frankly get in the fucking bin.

The problems clearly run far deeper and the man in charge either refuses to acknowledge them, or simply has no idea how to fix it.

It's the latter.

The guy is assistant coach of our national team...

images (54).jpg

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2017 at 15:49, jupe1407 said:

Has a manager ever been emptied at half time?

Shaping up to be out biggest top tier win on the road since December 87 imo

Awww - did you have to? We scored first that night. Only other highlight was one of our new Danish loanees coming on and getting booked for his first touch (putting Tommy Coyne up in the air).

Was trying to laugh at the half time score yesterday but couldn't hear myself over the booing from the George Fox.

Awww - did you have to? We scored first that night. Only other highlight was one of our new Danish loanees coming on and getting booked for his first touch (putting Tommy Coyne up in the air).
Was trying to laugh at the half time score yesterday but couldn't hear myself over the booing from the George Fox.

Sorry [emoji38]

Though I think we gubbed Falkirk by a 6 goal margin the midweek after the Morton game. The other Cappielow game we lost 3-4. Both the games at Dens were fucking awful 1-0s IIRC

Just now, jupe1407 said:

Sorry emoji38.png

Though I think we gubbed Falkirk by a 6 goal margin the midweek after the Morton game. The other Cappielow game we lost 3-4. Both the games at Dens were fucking awful 1-0s IIRC

The 4-3 game was our first win that season, and one of only three in the league. Ought to have been 4-2 but one of our defenders mistook the whistle for Dundee to take a corner for the full time whistle and caught the ball in the box.

The 4-3 game was our first win that season, and one of only three in the league. Ought to have been 4-2 but one of our defenders mistook the whistle for Dundee to take a corner for the full time whistle and caught the ball in the box.

I remember that season pretty well. Morton got 7 from Rangers (riplol) as well, and I think lost 1-3 at Hibs on the final day to bring up the 100 conceded. Andy Goram might have scored in that game as well.

Was Allan McGraw manager at that time?

20 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I remember that season pretty well. Morton got 7 from Rangers (riplol) as well, and I think lost 1-3 at Hibs on the final day to bring up the 100 conceded. Andy Goram might have scored in that game as well.

Was Allan McGraw manager at that time?

Yes. And Goram did score in the final game at Easter Road.

Rangers took 15 goals off us in our first three meetings and we then beat them 3-2 in the fourth one - our first home win over them in 70 years. Our other win that season was a 4-1 win over Falkirk, which took us ever so briefly off the bottom. Celtic beat us 4-0 at Scapa twice, the second being one where McAvennie got all 4.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was that the season Jim Duffy won Poty for Morton and in the league despite them conceding an incredible amount of goals? Or do Morton concede barrowloads regularly?

No. We did concede 100 goals that season, but you're thinking of a different season where we conceded 100 goals (84-85) when Duffy did indeed win the Scottish Player's player of the year.

10 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I remember Dundee beating Rangers 4-3 at Dens in the 90s 

November 23rd 1986, I believe.

My fellow Junior Dark Blue brother was chosen to be mascot for that game and I was beyond seething, although I forgave him after the game for being a lucky mascot.

Just now, Dee Man said:

November 23rd 1986, I believe.

My fellow Junior Dark Blue brother was chosen to be mascot for that game and I was beyond seething, although I forgave him after the game for being a lucky mascot.

No - the one I'm thinking on was in 1992. I stuck highlights from it on Youtube last year but couldn't remember if your Partick game was the same season.

1 minute ago, AyrshireTon said:

No - the one I'm thinking on was in 1992. I stuck highlights from it on Youtube last year but couldn't remember if your Partick game was the same season.

I've just realised 1986 was not in the 90s. 

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I think you're mixing up your wins over Glasgow teams. 5-1 against Celtic wasn't it?

Apart from getting the year and the score wrong, I was spot on.

It was November 23rd, 1985 and it was 3-2 to Dundee.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

I remember Dundee beating Rangers 4-3 at Dens in the 90s - did they not follow that up by losing 6-3 at Firhill (or am I mixing up my seasons)?

50 minutes ago, (._.) said:

Yes, with a 2-1 loss at Pittodrie between the two. 

Yes, the "Gary Patterson Game". A sort of shite Peter Crouch signed for an alleged £1000 and a set of tracksuits from Lochore Welfare. IIRC we had terrible problems with injuries and suspensions about that time, and half the visiting support had no idea who this tall fucker was. He bulleted a header past Theo Snelders in the 9th minute, but was shown up about 20 minutes later. Stewart McKimmie beat him to a through ball, making up about a 10 yard deficit :lol:. Didn't he score a ridiculous OG in that 6-3 Thistle game?

However he was shifted to defence later in what was a mental season. We had a poor run after the Thistle debacle, before somehow winning 1-0 at Tannadice with what felt like our only attack of the entire match. We also drew 4-4 at McDiarmid, despite being 2-4 down with 10 men (9 if you count Jamie McGowan hobbling off with the subbies all used) and a 5'7" striker with poor eyesight in goal (Paul Mathers was sent off in the first half). That game also marked Morten Weighorst's entry to Scottish football with an absolute worldy. 

We also came back from 0-2 at Airdrie after having two players sent off. 

That 3-6 at Thistle defeat also came around a year after we'd won 6-2 there when both teams were chasing the First Division title. 

Archived