Motherwell v Dundee 25th of Feb

Pretty much.  I think McGhee has had a lot of bad luck this season. Referee's have not been kind.  Neither have injuries and suspensions, there can't be many times he's been able to put out his best team.  And McGhee can hardly be held responsible for the McManus debacle at Ibrox, the wild deflection off Lasley against Hearts, or a defender scoring an 18 yard backwards header OG today.  And top of all that he has a very hard job even when every thing goes according to plan and I don't think enough of our supporters realise that.

Hiya mark, hiya pal lol

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute comic cuts defending from us against , with no disrespect intended , a very average Dundee side. 

All credit to them for exploiting our abject shiteness , but after today McGhee can no longer try to pass Joe fucking Chalmers off as anything close to a professional football player , and must also take the heat for believing Reading that Zak Jules is a decent centre half . How the f**k does that guy have an international cap (albeit u21) to his name ?? 

We are a far worse side now than when we finished in the playoff position 2 years ago  , and if we end up there again we don't have the comfort of an easy get out of jail tie against The Rainjurs 2012  to guarantee our safety . 

Get tae f**k McGhee and give someone else a chance to save our sorry arse . 

Pretty much.  I think McGhee has had a lot of bad luck this season. Referee's have not been kind.  Neither have injuries and suspensions, there can't be many times he's been able to put out his best team. And McGhee can hardly be held responsible for the McManus debacle at Ibrox, the wild deflection off Lasley against Hearts, or a defender scoring an 18 yard backwards header OG today.  And top of all that he has a very hard job even when every thing goes according to plan and I don't think enough of our supporters realise that. 

However, he has lost the majority of fans, looks like he's lost the players after that performance today and his recent interviews have been pretty erratic.

I don't expect anyone to come in and make Joe Chalmers a player and I don't expect us to get significantly better because we have a poor team, outside the front two but McGhee's team seems like it is up.

A loss next week would surely be the end.

That's a pretty fair assessment IMO. There are performances/results where you walk away thinking "nah, this isn't happening". Today was that for me.

The fans have never been wholly behind him but based on today it looks like he's lost the players as well. At that point the ball's pretty much on the slates. While I don't think we'd be looking at another manager getting *more* out them in terms of ability I could imagine a new voice and fresh perspective being a benefit.

On 22/02/2017 at 21:51, Desp said:

I'm liking the confidence of the Dundee fans on this thread.  I've seen Motherwell produce a decent result against Rangers or Celtic, before throwing in a shocker the following week, numerous times.  

Anyway, this is our first Saturday 3pm kick-off, at home, in 11 weeks.

Misplaced confidence from Dundee fans IMO.

Goals:
https://vid.me/iAjL 
Dat first goal :lol: I never really noticed what happened at the time but that was some header.

That presenter is a shambles.
He said "Motherwell equalised through Louis Moult" only to 'correct' himself by saying "sorry, Motherwell equalised" again.. [emoji848]
Called Wighton "Righton" then finished by saying Dundee moved into top spot...

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

I thought we bossed the second half

Hiya Mark hiya pal. 

You had more time on the ball but did f**k all with it. Had we not taken our foot off the gas, after utterly strolling the first half with one hand on the wheel, it would have been a cricket score. 

If Accies are going down it looks like
Well are coming with us so long as Muttley remains in charge.

The Championship needs a strong Lanarkshire Derby.
Hell, those pseudo-h*** at New Broomfield might even get promoted to join the 2 of us!

Archived