Forfar Ath v Edinburgh City 11/03

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

This thread is embarrassing, as are most of our post match "discussions"

Mid march and we are top of the league. Every single Forfar supporter would have taken that back in august.

Bit of a rough patch just now, so get that out of the way before the run in.

Edinburgh City have always seemed to have our number so not a shock result today.

Now if we can get behind the team and stop utter nonsense about playing for draws and saying sacking our manager over a year ago is to blame then we might actually get somewhere.

It's the sheer negativity that has always been there from a lot of fans, that really makes going to station park a chore sometimes.

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Mid march and we are top of the league. Every single Forfar supporter would have taken that back in august.

Edinburgh City have always seemed to have our number so not a shock result today.

Now if we can get behind the team and stop utter nonsense about playing for draws and saying sacking our manager over a year ago is to blame then we might actually get somewhere.

It's the sheer negativity that has always been there from a lot of fans, that really makes going to station park a chore sometimes.

"negativity".....oozing from the home bench....it's very catchy!!

Just to get back on track here.We are 3 clear with 8 games to go.Lets imagine we have just went 3 clear and its as they say "in our own hands".Time to get a grip and put in a shift if we want this.Its been a pretty awful month or so but everything is still there to play for.

12 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Just to get back on track here.We are 3 clear with 8 games to go.Lets imagine we have just went 3 clear and its as they say "in our own hands".Time to get a grip and put in a shift if we want this.Its been a pretty awful month or so but everything is still there to play for.

This /\ /\ is the most sensible post on a Forfar thread this month.

Last month Bollan won Manager of the Month, we all know that's a kiss of death for the next few games. With that in mind, I vote for DC to be MOTM now....

He's another SNP idiot , should be moved to Kirrie with the rest of the worlds no hopers and retired teachers [emoji848]

So the stereotype about the Fermers being backwards old No voting Labour voters is true then.

Shock horror. ;)

17 hours ago, tbsouth said:

No way i am watching that shit..... i have a banner to make.

Thought you were " approaching these idiots at Elgin " ? Pity i was rather looking forward to see that pans out for you .

13 hours ago, dipsy said:

There is a very disturbing rumour (at the moment) that McGregor has dictated that matches should be drawn, because the club cannot afford win bonuses. Going by recent results, it does make one suspicious. Today was a win, until a dodgy clearance, but there was a wee unexpected accident. After all, there's more money in the play offs than going up as champions. Don't look at Bollan, look at that man. Say no more..

If true ??? surely a hefty points deduction is on its way. Cant see players management etc going along with that. 

Just now, bernardblack said:

Agree with all of this but did you not say "our bottle had officially crashed"!?

How would a board member enforce this? Why would players forego bonuses and a league title? Bollocks...

I reckon Malcom was his usual past it bombscare yesterday not to be confused with a Baldrick style cunning plan.

18 hours ago, dipsy said:

There is a very disturbing rumour (at the moment) that McGregor has dictated that matches should be drawn, because the club cannot afford win bonuses. Going by recent results, it does make one suspicious. Today was a win, until a dodgy clearance, but there was a wee unexpected accident. After all, there's more money in the play offs than going up as champions. Don't look at Bollan, look at that man. Say no more..

There is only one 'disturbing ' thing to be seen at Station Park......i know i can do the winding up but f**k me!! :lol:

Archived