Forfar Ath v Edinburgh City 11/03

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

You're calling into question the credibility of every single player and the management team.

f**k off.

You obviously know nothing about professional football.

7 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

So you have it on good grounds that we are throwing games ?

I've sowed the seeds. That's all that needed to be done. The matter will not be referred to again.

You obviously know nothing about professional football.

Obviously, but humour me.

From the board's perspective, would it not be better to win the league as early as possible, know that you were going to get more cash in a higher league next season and then lose all your remaining games (avoiding the win bonuses) than stumble your way into a playoff shootout with no guarantee of success on the off chance of 4 extra games with circa 800 folk in attendance.

Does the board want us away from the bottom league?...surely, yes.
Have they worked out a budget for the amount of points we'd need to get to the top of the league?...surely, yes.

Can the treasurer of a club (or whatever role Mr McG has) dictate to the entire management and playing staff that they should only be playing for draws regardless of each individual's circumstances?

I say again, you are talking absolute shite if you think that these players would accept instructions to draw matches.

You are moving the debate away from the real issue that our manager is no longer getting the best out of the starting 11 that he was getting up to the Annan match at the turn of the year.

On 08/03/2017 at 10:32, AllyMonc said:

He has, fit enough for the bench the other week and let's hope so.

Fit enough to last 90 minutes today and bag a goal and assist, good start.  

9 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

From the board's perspective, would it not be better to win the league as early as possible, know that you were going to get more cash in a higher league next season and then lose all your remaining games (avoiding the win bonuses) than stumble your way into a playoff shootout with no guarantee of success on the off chance of 4 extra games with circa 800 folk in attendance.

Have they worked out a budget for the amount of points we'd need to get to the top of the league?...surely, yes.

Can the treasurer of a club (or whatever role Mr McG has) dictate to the entire management and playing staff that they should only be playing for draws regardless of each individual's circumstances?

I say again, you are talking absolute shite if you think that these players would accept instructions to draw matches.

You are moving the debate away from the real issue that our manager is no longer getting the best out of the starting 11 that he was getting up to the Annan match at the turn of the year.

9 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I said the matter was closed, but I cannot ignore such a sensible response. You are quite right in what you say, but, unfortunately, Mr McG is the Great Dictator. What he says at SP goes. Strange, I know, but true. I was in professional football all my working life, and you would be amazed at some of the things that go on. I am as concerned as anybody else at what is happening, but there is a grain of truth in what I say. I am not saying for one minute that anything illegal is going on, I will support the man to the hilt on that one, but he does have some unusual approaches to things. As for players to do what they are told, sadly this happens all too often, at all levels. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong over the next two games, when I will cheerfully scoff the proberbial poop sandwich, and say no more but we'll wait  and see.

I said the matter was closed, but I cannot ignore such a sensible response. You are quite right in what you say, but, unfortunately, Mr McG is the Great Dictator. What he says at SP goes. Strange, I know, but true. I was in professional football all my working life, and you would be amazed at some of the things that go on. I am as concerned as anybody else at what is happening, but there is a grain of truth in what I say. I am not saying for one minute that anything illegal is going on, I will support the man to the hilt on that one, but he does have some unusual approaches to things. As for players to do what they are told, sadly this happens all too often, at all levels. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong over the next two games, when I will cheerfully scoff the proberbial poop sandwich, and say no more but we'll wait  and see.

If any of what you said is indeed true , I will be done with the club for good

7 hours ago, dipsy said:

There is a very disturbing rumour (at the moment) that McGregor has dictated that matches should be drawn, because the club cannot afford win bonuses. Going by recent results, it does make one suspicious. Today was a win, until a dodgy clearance, but there was a wee unexpected accident. After all, there's more money in the play offs than going up as champions. Don't look at Bollan, look at that man. Say no more..

Can some pass this info to Dean Brett think it may be of interest him:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, dipsy said:

You've reported the claimed match fixing to the league, SFA and police? 

Thought not, just sharing eavesdropping onto a rumour mill.

i sense a personal animosity directed towards the individual.

6 hours ago, dipsy said:

Proof?

Thought not. Your a shit stirring c**t. You should stick to starting brown nosing threads about how great Celtic fans are.

perhaps you could make your claims to the players at trying to gauge their reaction to your claims, if you are saying we tried to draw yesterday then you know nothing about people, we were poor but absolutely tried to win the game.

Archived