The Robert Thomson Derby

Had to leave early. I'd forgotten just how infuriating it is to sit and listen to the nonsense shouts from hot-headed bampots who, apparently, are never watching the same game as me. Missed the goal as a result. Good win though.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Deflect away from your bitterness all ye want. Part time, one stand diddies handing you yer arse for at least the last 5 years. Get it right round ye.

3 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Bitterness emoji23.png

5 years emoji23.png

Only one chap looking bitter here, pumpkin.

Morton haven't even been in the league for 5 years... :lol:

Worried about how big Robert Thomson would play today given his pre-contract with Morten. Shouldn't have, big man was excellent. Won plenty of headers and generally linked well with the midfield. 

Thought McCrorie played well. Worked hard, broke up play and covered a lot of ground. Vaughan did well and Stirling again did looked dangerous on the ball. Smith was solid.

Morton were unlucky not to score  but didn't do enough overall to complain.

Really important win after last week and one that drags Raith back into the mix and opens a gap on ayr. Lovely.

Why are all the Hibs fans laughing at us even though they told us we weren't title challengers :lol: 

We've played a lot worse and won. Donnelly shouldn't be starting again. Hit every bit of woodwork and poor defending for the goal let us down. Shite to drop points and go back into third. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Why are all the Hibs fans laughing at us even though they told us we weren't title challengers :lol: 

We've played a lot worse and won. Donnelly shouldn't be starting again. Hit every bit of woodwork and poor defending for the goal let us down. Shite to drop points and go back into third. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Excellent point, I see what you mean and, while I disagree, that's okay too.

Pumpkin.

You say that as if you were making some sort of important point other than pointing out that part time diddies had just ruined any faint hope of a title challenge you had. Unlucky.

You say that as if you were making some sort of important point other than pointing out that part time diddies had just ruined any faint hope of a title challenge you had. Unlucky.

No compos mentis Morton fan thought we had any hope of the title, at any point of the season. It's a game that, on paper, we shouldn't have any trouble winning.

22 and 23 of Dumbarton looked very good. We were shite, and started with Luke Donnelly up front who's never a footballer.

We deserved to lose and I have absolutely no complaints about it. If you scroll up you'll notice I said we deserved nothing from it. You can calm right down now.

Met a relative of yours today in St Mirren bar[emoji106]

No compos mentis Morton fan thought we had any hope of the title, at any point of the season. It's a game that, on paper, we shouldn't have any trouble winning.

22 and 23 of Dumbarton looked very good. We were shite, and started with Luke Donnelly up front who's never a footballer.

We deserved to lose and I have absolutely no complaints about it. If you scroll up you'll notice I said we deserved nothing from it. You can calm right down now.

But you have came on here slating us, and our stadium when you've been relegated more recently than us! You've been laughed at and rightly so.
Last time your team 'went for the title' you were relegated the next year! Hopefully similar happens next season!

But you have came on here slating us, and our stadium when you've been relegated more recently than us! You've been laughed at and rightly so.
Last time your team 'went for the title' you were relegated the next year! Hopefully similar happens next season!

My you're sensitive, aren't you? I called you plucky minnows as a wee joke, I didn't anticipate it being a fire starter. I'm sorry if I offended you.

You deserved your win, I hope you stay up, and I'll donate to another stand. That better?

It just wasn't going to happen for us today in front of goal. We hit the bar 3 times and the post once. You have to take your chances or you end up like today with no points. 

I thought the early link up play with Shankland and Donnelly looked promising. Some nice little one two's around the Dumbarton box very nearly paid off.

Where I thought we really lacked any edge was down the left hand side with Russell still not hitting form and a non-existent Tidser - who must have had his worst game for us ever.

Dumbarton took their chance and we just couldn't get back it. Fair play to them. 

Lack of goals, especially from our strikers starting to become a worry... 

Archived