Post Split Fixtures

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Is that 100 percent true because off the top of my head I can remember the helicopter Sunday season we went to pittodrie three times to play Aberdeen I am sure and also think we played hibs 3 times at Easter road in 2008/2009 

Not always a perfect fixture list regarding 2H 2A against each team, but Celtic and Rangers (both versions) will always get 19H 19A

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the fixtures meant that either Rangers or Celtic played at the "other" ground for a 3rd time - the mass hysteria from the wronged club (and their journalists and supporters) would ensure the end of the split pretty quickly. Rangers going to parkhead for a 3rd time will simply never happen - the SPFL are utterly shite but even they are not daft enough to bring that shitestorm down on themselves.

Off the top of my head, St Johnstone have had the worst deal with fixture imbalances over the past few years (I may be wrong) and my cynical side would say that given these fixtures are "hand made", it will be Thistle or St Johnstone that would be lined up for the 18 home games again as simply, any fuss that they make would disappear without trace after a couple of days (as happened when 'Well were given 18 homes (and missed out on a home against an OF team) a few years back).

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Sevco going to parkhead for a 3rd time will simply never happen - the SPFL are utterly shite but even they are not daft enough to bring that shitestorm down on themselves.

What a great way to instantly earn some missing respect back from fans of 40 of the 42 clubs.

I recall we were battling Hibs for the last UEFA spot in season 04/05 during Calderwood's first season and they sent us to Easter Road for a third time that season.

I think as we'd finished 11th the previous season under Paterson, then we were seeded to be on the end of that shafting and just had to get on with it.

So this season, it really should more likely be Sevco (12th seeds) and not St Johnstone or Partick that are on the wrong end of this - whether the third visit is to Parkheid or wherever - however that is wholly unlikely, just because.....

There isn't going to be a problem in the top six this season if Thistle make it. They'll get the favourable 20/18 split and Hearts will come to Saints a third time to give both sides 19 home games. Saints went to Tynecastle three times last season.

It's a bottom six team that'll only get 18 home games.

Is the "seeding" not based on predicted finish rather than last season's placings? Either way, didn't Sevco get Dundee Utd's fixtures which would have been based on their expected top half finish the previous season? That was the explanation for our imbalance of OF home games this season anyway... Seems like that may have been an unnecessary worry now that in the end gave us more winnable home games.

On 03/04/2017 at 13:15, 10menwent2mow said:

With the top 6 as is for everyone to get 2 and 2 against each team, fixtures would be as follows

Aberdeen - Home to Celtic and St J - Away to Hearts, Partick and Rangers

Celtic - Home to Hearts and St J - Away to Aberdeen Partick and Rangers

Hearts - Home to Aberdeen Partick and St J - Away to Celtic and Rangers

Partick - Home to Aberdeen Celtic and Rangers - Away to Hearts and St J

Rangers - Home to Aberdeen Celtic and Hearts - Away to Partick and St J

St J  - Home to Partick and Rangers - Away to Aberdeen Celtic and Hearts

This would give

Aberdeen - 19 Home - 19 Away

Celtic - 19 Home - 19 Away

Hearts - 20 Home - 18 Away

Partick - 20 Home - 18 Away

Rangers - 19 Home - 19 Away

Saints - 18 Home - 20 Away

Hearts will presumably ask for 2 home games on 29th April & 6th May so they can get on with building a new main stand.

On 03/04/2017 at 17:01, tarapoa said:

What a great way to instantly earn some missing respect back from fans of 40 of the 42 clubs.

I recall we were battling Hibs for the last UEFA spot in season 04/05 during Calderwood's first season and they sent us to Easter Road for a third time that season.

I think as we'd finished 11th the previous season under Paterson, then we were seeded to be on the end of that shafting and just had to get on with it.

So this season, it really should more likely be Sevco (12th seeds) and not St Johnstone or Partick that are on the wrong end of this - whether the third visit is to Parkheid or wherever - however that is wholly unlikely, just because.....

Yes but you also got three home ties against us that season 

Out of interest, have Hearts and Hibs had a 3H, 1A split against each other when both in the top flight?

Dundee/Utd?
Caley Thistle/Coonty?
Well/Accies?

How low down the perceived importance pecking order does a derby have to be for the fixtures 'computer' to not give a f**k?

Out of interest, have Hearts and Hibs had a 3H, 1A split against each other when both in the top flight?

Dundee/Utd?
Caley Thistle/Coonty?
Well/Accies?

How low down the perceived importance pecking order does a derby have to be for the fixtures 'computer' to not give a f**k?

A few seasons back we had a 3rd trip to Ibrox and Rangers went to Easter Road a 3rd time rather than moving the Tynecastle Derby to Easter Road

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
On 4/3/2017 at 13:36, 10menwent2mow said:

Obviously not going to give Killie 4 home games after the split so switching Killie v Hamilton and Ross Co v Motherwell/Dundee gives everyone 19-19 apart from Dundee or Motherwell who would have either 20-18 in the case of Dundee or 18-20 in the case of Motherwell.

Dundee had a 20-18 split in 2014/15 and we had a 18-20 split in 2009/10 so would hope they would avoid either of these scenarios. I'm thinking Dundee will have a third game at Fir Park and Kilmarnock a third trip to Dingwall or Hamilton - this is where it becomes slightly tricky as neither Ross County nor Hamilton have had an uneven split in the years they've been in the top flight.

Probably not a definite answer out there, but would they try and avoid giving Saints back to back games against Aberdeen (last game before and first after) or would this not come into the decision making process? The first split fixture date is the only one I can't make and I don't want to miss out Pitoddrie.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

This is what I put in the other thread, top set of fixtures are if we finish 6th and second set are if Killie finish 6th which are the only two outcomes now.

Capture.PNG

Second scenario there sees Sevco get four post-split home fixtures, which is surely unprecedented.  The authorities will be hoping Kilmarnock can still pip Thistle.

Probably not a definite answer out there, but would they try and avoid giving Saints back to back games against Aberdeen (last game before and first after) or would this not come into the decision making process? The first split fixture date is the only one I can't make and I don't want to miss out Pitoddrie.

I think there is a fairly good chance Dons-Saints wouldn't be that weekend - our only other home game due is Celtic and we know we won't have them that day so I'd expect Dons to be away, with 2H/2A to finish.

I also wouldn't make Pittodrie 29th Apr so hoping we're away. Probably Hearts who have asked for their two home games first so work on their new stand can start.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:05, Radford said:

There isn't going to be a problem in the top six this season if Thistle make it. They'll get the favourable 20/18 split and Hearts will come to Saints a third time to give both sides 19 home games. Saints went to Tynecastle three times last season.

It's a bottom six team that'll only get 18 home games.

There will be problem regardless of whether it's us or Thistle as nether would have been expected to finish top 6.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There will be problem regardless of whether it's us or Thistle as nether would have been expected to finish top 6.

But the problem would be entirely in the bottom half, and the problem is irrelevant when it is for diddy teams.

Archived