Post Split Fixtures

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is totally unfair... the split was voted for by the SPL clubs of the time... 

the split would be fairer if it kicked in after round 2 rather than round 3 but would have meant 4 games less instead of 2 games more... tv and all that

24 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

it is totally unfair... the split was voted for by the SPL clubs of the time... 

the split would be fairer if it kicked in after round 2 rather than round 3 but would have meant 4 games less instead of 2 games more... tv and all that

I don't like the split and I really don't like playing the same teams 4 times a season. If both of these are going to stay then a fairer system, that I have seen mentioned elsewhere, would be within a fourteen team league. Play home and away once, then split. Then play home and away. Same number of games as we have now. 

21 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

How long has the split been in operation? Anyone noticed a marked increase in the quality of Scottish football?

It started in 2000/01. 

Does the guarantee for 4 OF Bigotfests a season mention it has to be 2 home and 2 away?

Would love to see the level of 'Heads Gone' insanity if the 4th OF Bigotfest of the season saw either of them getting a 3rd home fixture of the 4 guaranteed each season.

Does the guarantee for 4 OF Bigotfests a season mention it has to be 2 home and 2 away?
Would love to see the level of 'Heads Gone' insanity if the 4th OF Bigotfest of the season saw either of them getting a 3rd home fixture of the 4 guaranteed each season.

I'd love a journalist to ask Doncaster how it has been calculated that the final one will definitely be at Ibrox this season, given that, A. Rangers aren't currently 2nd, B. They weren't even in the league last season so placings from a year ago are irrelevant and C. The league is over so no need for 'fairness' in the title run-in.

Potential for 'heads gone' from fans and the club hierarchy can be the only reason.

With the top 6 as is for everyone to get 2 and 2 against each team, fixtures would be as follows

Aberdeen - Home to Celtic and St J - Away to Hearts, Partick and Rangers

Celtic - Home to Hearts and St J - Away to Aberdeen Partick and Rangers

Hearts - Home to Aberdeen Partick and St J - Away to Celtic and Rangers

Partick - Home to Aberdeen Celtic and Rangers - Away to Hearts and St J

Rangers - Home to Aberdeen Celtic and Hearts - Away to Partick and St J

St J  - Home to Partick and Rangers - Away to Aberdeen Celtic and Hearts

This would give

Aberdeen - 19 Home - 19 Away

Celtic - 19 Home - 19 Away

Hearts - 20 Home - 18 Away

Partick - 20 Home - 18 Away

Rangers - 19 Home - 19 Away

Saints - 18 Home - 20 Away

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Are the bigots always guaranteed 19 home and away every season or do they sometimes have more away fixtures than home?

In the 16 previous seasons of the split, there has been 18 instances of teams not getting a 19/19 split.

Neither Rangers or Celtic have had anything but 19 home games and 19 aways.

6 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Are the bigots always guaranteed 19 home and away every season or do they sometimes have more away fixtures than home?

200w.webp#14

Good one. Nowhere officially does it guarantee anyone 19/19, but the SPFL would never ever give them more away games than home.

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

In the 16 previous seasons of the split, there has been 18 instances of teams not getting a 19/19 split.

What a surprise. And I take it no other club has this same perfect record. Cheers.

Bottom 6 slightly more complicated

Killie - Home to Dundee Hamilton Ross Co and ICT - Away to Motherwell

Dundee - Home to Motherwell Ross Co and ICT - Away to Killie and Hamilton

Ross Co - Home to Hamilton and Caley - Away to Killie Dundee and Motherwell

Motherwell - Home to Killie and Ross Co - Away to ICT Dundee and Hamilton

Hamilton - Home to Dundee and Motherwell - Away to Killie ICT and Ross Co

ICT - Home to Hamilton and Motherwell - Away to Killie Dundee and Ross Co

That would give

Killie 20 Home - 18 Away

Dundee 20 Home - 18 Away

Ross Co 18 Home - 20 Away

Motherwell 18 Home - 20 Away

Hamilton - 18 Home - 20 Away

ICT - 19 Home - 19 Away

Obviously not going to give Killie 4 home games after the split so switching Killie v Hamilton and Ross Co v Motherwell/Dundee gives everyone 19-19 apart from Dundee or Motherwell who would have either 20-18 in the case of Dundee or 18-20 in the case of Motherwell

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

Is that 100 percent true because off the top of my head I can remember the helicopter Sunday season we went to pittodrie three times to play Aberdeen I am sure and also think we played hibs 3 times at Easter road in 2008/2009 

Archived