Mental work shit

Some folk in Sweden are happily being injected with a microchip in their work that lets them open doors and order shit (not literal shit) in their staff canteen.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/cyborgs-at-work-employees-getting-implanted-with-microchips/ar-BBzhmBx?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

To me this is absolutely mental behaviour.

What other examples of mental work shit (not literal shit) have you heard of, or even experienced?

I once had to edit a Doric column by Robbie Shepherd despite having next to no clue fit the loon was spikkin aboot. Also had to complete a horoscope once, opted for some contrary shite about Uranus.

30 minutes ago, Darren said:

I once had to edit a Doric column by Robbie Shepherd despite having next to no clue fit the loon was spikkin aboot. Also had to complete a horoscope once, opted for some contrary shite about Uranus.

For a mo I thought you must be an architect.

3b4059aab90ba8157274c4b7e585c13b.jpg

My work is expecting me to do triple my workload for the same pay.

I've spent almost every minute of company time creating a new CV and applying elsewhere for the last week.

My work makes you phone an IT team who are in Asia to make them aware of the problem and they then send it through to the IT people in Glasgow who are two floors above my office.

They make no attempt to help you when you phone them and if you try to go up the IT team directly you get told to go phone them first. You can, if you know the person well enough, go to the IT floor in Glasgow and make the call in front of the person and then watch them receive the email and start to work on it.

There can be no reason for this at all.

My work makes you phone an IT team who are in Asia to make them aware of the problem and they then send it through to the IT people in Glasgow who are two floors above my office.  

They make no attempt to help you when you phone them and if you try to go up the IT team directly you get told to go phone them first. You can, if you know the person well enough, go to the IT floor in Glasgow and make the call in front of the person and then watch them receive the email and start to work on it.

There can be no reason for this at all.

Big problem for me just now is having to book all my travel through a designated third party travel agent.

In two years they have never beaten a quote I can find myself and book in a few minutes. Instead they have cost me more than £500 as the procedure involves getting a quote, sending it to finance for a purchase order, sending that back to the travel agent to confirm order, eventually getting a reply back saying the price has gone up because they took two days to answer the ticket. Repeat this x3 or face wrath and probably not get the expense approved if I book it myself.

Typing this at Houston just now waiting on a flight that cost £770. Quotes through the KLM website offered £450 when I first sent the request for this very same one. Someone's at it.

The then (but now ex) Mrs a-p used to work for a company HQ'd in Bristol. Monthly management meetings involved a near 6hr drive down, several hours brain damage, and a return trip up the M6 all in the one day. Once a month. And because she had a company car, they refused to pay for flights, or a hotel. Fock that.

Archived