Pie and Bovril - Most frightening posters in history

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I live round the corner and went on a pilgrimage to the sacred site, only to find nothing between 10 and 14. I think Googlemaps is trolling us :(

Damn.  I'm not sure I wanted to hear that Pride of the Clyde (was it him?) used a spoof address.

Is Marjory's Wool Shop real or not?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Damn.  I'm not sure I wanted to hear that Pride of the Clyde (was it him?) used a spoof address.

Is Marjory's Wool Shop real or not?

Eh? I thought it was Kilt who posted the iconic riposte?

Marjory is still going strong and has been since I first moved here nearly 20 years ago. I've never met her but I imagine she looks like Zelda out the Terrahawks.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That's not true, I'm still posting.

Anyway Kilt was one of the main posters on here when I joined and he struck me as someone who needed help.  Keeping posting on here did him no favours.

He got plenty of advice. I was never done advising him.

18 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Some c**t offered another c**t a square go. I think his reply was "12 Ruel Street, bring yir maw".

There probably been a "best P&B phrase" but if not I'd certainly nominate "bring yer maw".  It's the fillet mignon to "12 Ruel Street's" baked potato.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ahem.....

ruel.JPG.91bc4fe689dfef97f1c8e5fd71a69129.JPG

I nearly made the missus crash the car when she was driving down Holmlea Road and I shouted out "Ruel Street!"...took a bit of explaining.

"Errmm...it's a thing on Pie and Bovril..."

It's strangely normal - I'd always envisaged it looking a bit post-apocalyptic with a barricade of burned out cars at each end and maybe some severed heads on spikes to warn off interlopers.

Edited by Hillonearth

1 minute ago, Angusfifer said:

Still can't quite get over the disappointment of a box of maltesers in the Kilt airport scene. In my minds eye I'd envisaged milk tray at the very least...  

That, and that they actually knew each other from the fives. He'd probably just confiscated them from some sap tourist and thought it would be a nice gesture.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That, and that they actually knew each other from the fives. He'd probably just confiscated them from some sap tourist and thought it would be a nice gesture.

No surprise to see the solo nightclubber defending this sickening behaviour.

In the early days there was this one guy who used to make an arse of himself on a regular basis. He was given a bit of advice I seem to remember, go and create a new account (it was a lot easier back then) and come back later and lie low and keep under the radar for a bit. Well, he seemed to take the advice and went away and created a new account. Only thing was he did it within about 15 minutes of being told to do so and then proceeded to start a new thread about how he was new here and to treat him gently.

I won't name the guy, or even the team he supported, just in case he still posts here.